Getting outside with heels

dimpantyhose

Try not to be too nervous. The more normal and confident you look the better things work out. If you are too nervous with high heels, try some shoes with less obvious heels, like some loafers with a 2.5 inch heels. They can help you build up confidence.

Finally, I didn't try that. I wasn't prepared enough to go outside with my heels. I will try tomorrow, but this time, I'll prepare myself before and trying to be less nervous.

:lol:

It's not like to can decide to be less nervous! All you can do is not let that nervousness stop you. The first time is always hard, but it gets easier over time. Bet you won't believe it, but I once only remembered I had 4" wedges on halfway across a petrol station forecourt!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I did manage my first trip out in heels a few weeks ago. Yes I did almost chicken out. I got changed in Charring Cross station and almost didn't make it out of the toilet cubicle. I gritted my teeth and walked. I got a strange look from two young black guys as I walked out, but after that nothing. That first time is definately killer but a confidence boost none the less. My advice is to just say b##locks to your brain/nerves and go for it!

I finally made it :lol:

Before going outside, I prepare myself by putting a nice black glossy pair of DIM voile galbé pantyhose on my legs. I really like the look of my legs with that pantyhose. I really recommand it if you want to wear nice high heels.

So, I went outside. I walked in near my house. I heard for the first time the sound of my high heels. "Tik - Tack - Tik" What a beautiful experience. But, suddently, I saw a car coming at me... I walked directly on a dirt track to avoid the car reaching me. That's worked! But now, my heels are dirty ...

Before returing back to home, I put my heels into a plastic bag and I put my ASICS runnings. I also checked that I ruined my pantyhose! :cry: When I return back to home, SURPRISE, my parents wait for me...My mother worried about me....She thinks that I left the house...(I moved in Montréal 2 years ago and she worries for little things)... I run to my bedroom to put socks over my pantyhose (I really don't want that my parent see me with that).

Now, I'm writting this post :lol:

I post picture of my high heels dirty (Now, I wear them. I clean them! Don't like the dirt on my heels).

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1060497441.jpg Picture of my high heel outside (pretty ugly picture due to the flash on the camera)

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1060497508.jpg Picture of my right foot. My pantyhose starts to run... :'-(

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1060497630.jpg Dirty Le château 4 inches high heels #1

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1060497717.jpg Dirty Le château 4 inches high heels #2

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1060497793.jpg Dirty Le château 4 inches high heels #3

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1060497871.jpg Dirty Le château 4 inches high heels #4

I'm so glad to finally did it :lol: But the next time, I will try to keep my heels clean and try to don't ruin a pair of pantyhose!

Well Done! But so that we can all grasp the context of your first street-heel outing, what clothes were you wearing? From the absence of trousers/pants in your first pic, do we assume that you were cross-dressed? I ask this, because I am not a cross-dresser, only a guy in guy's clothes who likes to wear suitably-co-ordinated high heels, and I think that the illustrated advice that Hoverfly gives to such people on "Going Out For The First Time" (next to this thread) is excellent and if followed, should not give rise to ANY of the fear that you have been experiencing, nor necessitate furtively creeping about in muddy places on dark nights. With suitably chunky heels and long trousers, any guy can start street-heeling in the most busy and bustling of places, and gradually gain the confidence to progress to higher, slimmer heels and shorter trousers as required. However (as I say), not being a cross-dresser myself, if I were to dress as your photo suggests (with pantyhose and presumably a skirt), I for one would be much more scared of 'stepping-out' in my overall feminine clothes than I would by about just the footwear. Therefore, can you enlighten us as to your general attire so that we can appreciate the nature of your first 'Stepping out'? Best wishes! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan.

Onwards and upwards!

I finally made it

Dear dimpantyhose,

my honest congratulations! Wasn't it a nice experience plenty of adrenalin? Your posting remembers me to my very first outing on heels and my first tattoo session :lol:

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Thank you micha. I appreciate :lol: Now, I really feel more confident. I can't tell why, but when I walked with my high heels, I feel like an important person. What a strange sensation that high heels can provide. I really like this experience, even if I was really nervous to do it :lol: I will try again for sure when I'll be back at my parent house!

• 2 weeks later...

i've read with a lot of interest your story about going out for the first time with your heels. its a great story and reminds me of the first few times i went outside with my heels. those first few outings i'm sure will test your courage and heel wearing stamina! but once you get over the butterflies and the negative thoughts, its a great experience. tonight i am at an internet cafe on the main street of this good city. i am wearing my 6 inch heel sherbert platforms from pierre silber. no one in here as noticed my shoes yet! and this place is full of hustle and bustle. my sherberts are about the most comfortable 6 inch heels i've worn and i can go out with them for the whole day. i recently made a trip to montreal and spent 10 full hours wearing them, much of the time spent walking along the Hubert outdoor mall/plaza. i think that's what its called. i never believed in wearing long pant legs to cover the shoe. i've always worn my 6 inch heels totally exposed. the pant leg comes down to the top of the heel, covering a bit of the ankle strap. when i sit down, like now at the rented computer, the entire shoe is exposed including the ankle strap. still, nobody notices. they have though on the street as they hear that sound only a 6 inch heel can make! this is about the best i can do. my sherberts are black. i would like to wear my collection of white 6 inch heels more often but i only get out with those on rare club outings. i've always wanted to wear them down the streets with my cut off jean shorts and did manage that one day this summer, in july. it was a thrilling experience! but the white ones are stilettos and i can only manage 3 hours in those. i did wear them to the halloween ball last year. it was and egyptian theme and the party i was with, the men wore those short white skirts you sometimes see in egyptian art. i wore the white mini skirt, a white tuxedo jacket with egyptian symbols i sewed on, and my white 6 inch double buckle beauties from frederick's of hollywood! i saved my legs before the party and painted my toe nails with the color: copper sun. that was an extremely thrilling experience, to be in a club with 500 other party folks, and me wearing my heels totally in the open! the women were really staring at me and my shoes that night! as your confidence grows, you can expect some very interesting conversations with women who notice your shoes and care to make a comment or two about them. and those experiences i have found to be very rewarding as well as confidence boosting. so keep it up and have fun and remember, watch your step!

Great story, Ruud! Good advice about the cobbles, tho'. That's a good way to end up base over apex. I've encountered cobbles in stiletto heels, and it's rather tricky - especially if you've worn the rubber tips off your heels :lol:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Congrats, while I have yet to wear heels out in public, I have worn them on my balcony before. Once with a neighbor to the left smoking on his balcony. The balcony is waist high and he could only see that I was in a thong (orange beach wear at that) and holding a bottled water. I was nervous as hell as I didn't see him at first. It was early on a saturday and I was feeling like some self-play in heels. I walked out in that silly, careless mode you get when extremely turned on. He just nodded and asked if I was gonna sun bathe or something. I replied and stayed closer to the end nearest him. I was so afraid and yet really aroused as I could tell is he could hear the clicking or soft slapping against my soles when I first came out the sliding door. Crazy stuff. But I like to think I am once (baby) step closer to actually doing it on the street.

softsoles wrote:

the clicking or soft slapping against my soles when I first came out the sliding door.

Not to worry. Forbidden sounds always echo loudest in the ears of the person causing them. You were far more aware of them than the other person. It was probably a combination of sounds and movements that caught his attention. Opening your balcony door, the sound of the screen door (perhaps) sliding open on its tracks, as well as the sound of the heels that caused him to look up. I'm sure seeing you dressed for the beech erased awareness of all sounds from his consciousness. I really don’t believe he thought back and analyzed what made each individual sound, while focusing on what you were going to do on your balcony dressed in your swimsuit. That is, unless he noticed your heels while you were conversing.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually went out in public in heels yesterday! Bought a pair of loafer style shoes with heels of about 2 1/2", not real high, but they were womens heels. After trying them on in the local Kohls store, I went to the car and changed into a pair of black trouser socks and slipped on the heels. I went back into the mall and walked through Sears and JC Pennys with them on. I don't think anyone even looked, and if they did, I didn't make any eye contact with anyone, so I don't really know if anyone notices. Hey, they weren't 4" stilletos, but they were obviously higher heels and more fem looking than a mans shoe! I was nervous but loved it. I actually walked around the womens shoe section at Sears with several other women trying on shoes at the time!

I actually went out in public in heels yesterday! Bought a pair of loafer style shoes with heels of about 2 1/2", not real high, but they were womens heels. After trying them on in the local Kohls store, I went to the car and changed into a pair of black trouser socks and slipped on the heels. I went back into the mall and walked through Sears and JC Pennys with them on. I don't think anyone even looked, and if they did, I didn't make any eye contact with anyone, so I don't really know if anyone notices. Hey, they weren't 4" stilletos, but they were obviously higher heels and more fem looking than a mans shoe! I was nervous but loved it. I actually walked around the womens shoe section at Sears with several other women trying on shoes at the time!

Cool! Well done, RonC. The first time is the hardest! That sounds like you've made a good start with some sensible shoes. I'm looking forward to more successes for you

RonC wrote

I actually went out in public in heels yesterday! Bought a pair of loafer style shoes with heels of about 2 1/2", not real high, but they were womens heels.

Way to go, Ron! Loafer style shoes with 2½ to 4½ heels are standard apparel for me. For those hesitating, take it from Ron -- Its easy! Just do it.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Nancy and I went out yesterday shopping for shoes in NY at a DSW store in New York Found a nice pair of womens heels about 2 1/2 boots very nice fit and feel great I wore them out all day yesterday I don't even think anybody noticed.I don't think the heels look as fem as the top of the boot does as thats the style now for women,I am sure lucky nancy likes me in heels. Dan and Nancy

I've regularly worn up to 3.5 inches with no looks, interest or comment. All have been black but soon I intend to try colours. I did a 3in tan wedge to an evening out - no commment or interest. I've worn 2.5 inch (boring?) wedges to worj for the last six months, in a small business - again no looks, comments or interest. Be confident B-booted