Not sure what to say...

...but let me start with hello, I have been lurking on this site for the past couple of days now, wondering what I could possibly say to introduce myself. Nothing useful came to mind so I'll just start and see where I end up. It goes without saying that I am absolutely mad about high heels, especially (but not only) boots. This love hasn't always been easy. I often wondered if there was anything wrong with me, if I should go into therapy ect... these questions still haunt my mind. This brings me to the reason I am here. I have been looking for people with the same love for shoes as I experience each time I hear a woman walking by on stiletto's or each time I pass a shoe store. I am eager to finally be completely myself around other human beings for those ten minutes a day when I open my browser and come to this site. I'm 21 years old, live in Europe and study psychology at the university. English isn't my native language so pardon me if I make some stupid mistake during my stay here. I'll just stop typing now, because I have the distinct feeling I'll just end up barfing quite a couple of years of frustration in this 'hello' thread. I sincerly hope I haven't bored the readers that have made it this far in my lengthy introduction because I am hoping to spend a long time on this forum. :wave: Sincerly Heelfts.

...but let me start with hello,

I have been lurking on this site for the past couple of days now, wondering what I could possibly say to introduce myself. Nothing useful came to mind so I'll just start and see where I end up.

It goes without saying that I am absolutely mad about high heels, especially (but not only) boots.

This love hasn't always been easy. I often wondered if there was anything wrong with me, if I should go into therapy ect... these questions still haunt my mind.

This brings me to the reason I am here. I have been looking for people with the same love for shoes as I experience each time I hear a woman walking by on stiletto's or each time I pass a shoe store. I am eager to finally be completely myself around other human beings for those ten minutes a day when I open my browser and come to this site.

I'm 21 years old, live in Europe and study psychology at the university. English isn't my native language so pardon me if I make some stupid mistake during my stay here.

I'll just stop typing now, because I have the distinct feeling I'll just end up barfing quite a couple of years of frustration in this 'hello' thread. I sincerly hope I haven't bored the readers that have made it this far in my lengthy introduction because I am hoping to spend a long time on this forum. :wave:

Sincerly

Heelfts.

Your use of the Queens English is perfect, as far as I can tell. And...welcome. If you don't mind a little advice from an...ahem...mature guy, don't try to supress your HH urges! The frustration you feel will just go on & on & on. Skip the formal therapy and save a ton of euros. For me, talking in this forum is the real therapy. Nearly every one of the members here has dealt with the feelings and doubts as you've experienced. As I'm sure you've noticed from the lurking time, you have a LOT of company! Soooo, barf way! We're all interested in hearing your story. The telling helps you and the hearing helps everyone else. As I see it, that's what the forum is all about.

UpBy5

P.S. You're fortunate to have found this site at 21. I just found it a month ago, 50 years further down the road from you.

Thanks a lot UpBy5, both for the warm welcome as the advice! It is staggering to read that a lot of people have the same frustrations and problems as myself. It does feel good to know that I am not alone. I'm looking forward to share my experiences with the people here and especially to read about theirs. About your advice. Somewhere deep inside I know that you are right, but as a psychology student I find myself in a very difficult situation. At the moment the DSM classifies those HH urges as a 'disorder', wheter this is true is entirely debatable (and would probably be a juicy thread now I come to think of it :wave: ), but it does raise some ethical concerns for me personally. I do believe that lurking on this board will help me to understand myself and hopefully make me more able to accept who I am.

Greetings Heelfts, I do like your introduction, as you have many of the same elements as me and many others here had in the beginning. I bet you feel that your schooling would be putting you in a difficult position. However you are not dipping into a disorder but understanding self as having another side of you which is perfectly acceptable. Accepting it and embracing the love of shoes and boots is the best way for anyone to be at peace with themselves, it is OK to wear what you want to and and have fun doing so. All of us do and love the fact that we have had the unique opportunity to be able enjoy heeded shoes and boots. In the many years ahead we will be looking back and saying "what were we thinking back then" of course we can love and wear any style of footwear we choose to, we were part of the changing history of wearing HH boots and shoes for everyone. We are living the future history, enjoy the site and feel to talk about it, it is awesome! Look forward to hearing more from you. Mtnsofheels

Hello and welcome ! I totally agree with - Mtnsofheels - and hope this time will arrive soon . Your english is perfect . Enjoy yourself here , we are all understanding people about high heels . I really understand the feeling your have with this urge of high heels . Be yourself and enjoy .

Thanks guys :( This site offers a completely different perspective on this subject than I've been used to. I've never considered wearing of high heels as something men were 'allowed' to do. You probably know what I mean. Maybe someday I'll be able to wear them without feeling guilty or being ashamed afterwards. :wave: I'm glad to hear my English is good, great thing about forums is that you can check everything before you blurt it out in the world. :(

welcome to the board. there are lots of members here a large majority of them older and wiser and its great to see that there are still young blokes with a fascination with heels joining all the time. Your English is great by the way, better than some who DO speak it as a native language so no worries with us understanding you NL

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot UpBy5, both for the warm welcome as the advice!

It is staggering to read that a lot of people have the same frustrations and problems as myself. It does feel good to know that I am not alone. I'm looking forward to share my experiences with the people here and especially to read about theirs.

About your advice. Somewhere deep inside I know that you are right, but as a psychology student I find myself in a very difficult situation. At the moment the DSM classifies those HH urges as a 'disorder', wheter this is true is entirely debatable (and would probably be a juicy thread now I come to think of it :wave: ), but it does raise some ethical concerns for me personally.

I do believe that lurking on this board will help me to understand myself and hopefully make me more able to accept who I am.

There are some 7,000,, plus or minus, of us out here, all of whom accept you for who you are....why not join the happy crowd?

UpBy5, again

In this country (USA) and Canada there are charity events called Walk A Mile in Her Shoes. Maybe they will come to your country too. Its a fundraiser for abuse charities. There are over 2,000 pictures of them on the internet. When I do it I wear my beautiful points. The secret is to put Vaseline all over your toes first and shoes that fit. (I'd love to manufacture a line of men's heels that are a bit wider and better padded.) I wore them into a restaurant before the actual walk and loved every minute it. A little girl said "look mommy, he's wearing girl shoes!" to which I wanted to reply "Damn straight little girl" but I just smiled. I was wearing a T-shirt that plainly stated why I was wearing them and my wife and her sister were with me. I only saw one man who looked as if he was giving a look of disapproval but so what .. I'll never see him again. The waitress loved my shoes and asked where I got them too. Good taste is never out of style. In the last walk I did I told a woman watching that Mary Janes go with anything to which she replied "it worries me that you know that" to which I replied that I know a little about things.

Thanks a lot UpBy5, both for the warm welcome as the advice!

It is staggering to read that a lot of people have the same frustrations and problems as myself. It does feel good to know that I am not alone. I'm looking forward to share my experiences with the people here and especially to read about theirs.

About your advice. Somewhere deep inside I know that you are right, but as a psychology student I find myself in a very difficult situation. At the moment the DSM classifies those HH urges as a 'disorder', wheter this is true is entirely debatable (and would probably be a juicy thread now I come to think of it :wave: ), but it does raise some ethical concerns for me personally.

I do believe that lurking on this board will help me to understand myself and hopefully make me more able to accept who I am.

Hey Heelfts, firstly welcopme from me too..

The psychology of why could be debated for hours but we all certainly under why you are here. Like you, many of us wondered what was wrong and if we should go for therapy too ... until we found this. I for one would would most certainly dis-agree with those "learned people" who view this as a dis-order.

If this were the case then anyone and everyone who chooses to not conform to what society views as 'normal' then has a disorder - imagine where that would lead us ..! I simply believe that society has simply become so conditioned to vewing heels as a female form of clothing that they have forgotten it was men who first wore them. This misconception is further perpetuated by the incorrect assumption that clothing is linked to sexuality - eg men who wear heels must gay ... and so it just snowballs from there.

The debate has been had many times already here and will be held many times more, my advice (and hopefully our collective advice) is dont be afraid of your individualism. You are who are and clothing doesnt change that.

Look forward to hearing more from you in the future

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels