Wow! What a pair!

BritSpike

I was in a store today and saw a girl in a great pair of black suede stilettos. They took my breath away and I admired them so much I gathered up the courage to ask her whose they were. Turned out they were Steve Madden Caryssa's and I might just need to order a pair this weekend. Anyone know of a good place on line to buy a pair?

You can go directly to the Steve Madden website or Google: Steve Madden Shoes. The Caryssa certainly is a good looking pump, with round toes. If you are near a Nordstrom, they also carry some of the Steve Madden styles. I found that the Caryssa was a half size large for the labeled sizing. If you like almond toes, the Darrina has a similar styling. The sizing for the Darrina is fairly accurate.

I'd hate to say it's a conspiracy but those exact shoes have been done to death by many shoe companies. I have a sneaky feeling that someone from each company gets sent to a big footwear show and they all come back with the same shoes in different colourways.

Steve Madden is a well known thief of his trade. Google 'Steve Madden Copy'. The company got caught red handed when they had slightly altered photos of real designer shoes on the web. They were put on Madden's web site before they had even been manufactured. Alexander McQueen sued. Check out the Louboutin/Madden photo I've attached... It's just been designed by changing the sole colour in Photoshop!!!!!!!

Anyway, back to the shoes... Kurt Geiger has them and the style is called Eleanor, or Echinacea if you want them with massive bows.

http://www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/101769-kg-eleanor

http://www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/174293-kg-echinacea

Also found them on Buffalo which is German so will help those in Europe to get hold of some. They are in the Plateau section.

http://www.buffaloshop.de

I've also seen them in fake leather and suede on ebay for peanuts.

Good luck in your quests,

Ben

post-9545-133522925987_thumb.jpg

post-9545-133522925989_thumb.jpg

post-9545-133522925991_thumb.jpg

post-9545-133522925992_thumb.jpg

post-9545-133522925995_thumb.jpg

Thanks a lot benno. Really appreciate your reply. You are right, that there are pretty similar shoes around, but when it comes to the details i'm pretty picky. I think it's best to start my own thread as i don't want to hijack others.

I actually spotted these shoes a few weeks ago at Marshall's (a discount clothing store). It looked like they had a full shipment of them, but the largest size carried was size 10. Bummer, as they had a nice discount (I think they wanted $50 for them). I convinced my girlfriend (who was shopping for heels) to try these on, and I snapped a few pictures with my phone. She ended up buying a more sensible pair, which is the third picture (these were bought at Shoe Dept. Only $20, and she wore them out to dinner that night!) I went back to that same store a week later, and they were completely sold out. Unbelievable. Then, I saw a girl at a local ale house wearing them. She was having trouble, but wore them all night, from what I could tell.

post-9943-133522926176_thumb.jpg

post-9943-133522926186_thumb.jpg

post-9943-133522926197_thumb.jpg

What? and you still didn't buy the first pair for her as a token of love (and maybe some bedroom fun?)........

I actually spotted these shoes a few weeks ago at Marshall's (a discount clothing store). It looked like they had a full shipment of them, but the largest size carried was size 10. Bummer, as they had a nice discount (I think they wanted $50 for them).

I convinced my girlfriend (who was shopping for heels) to try these on, and I snapped a few pictures with my phone. She ended up buying a more sensible pair, which is the third picture (these were bought at Shoe Dept. Only $20, and she wore them out to dinner that night!)

I went back to that same store a week later, and they were completely sold out. Unbelievable. Then, I saw a girl at a local ale house wearing them. She was having trouble, but wore them all night, from what I could tell.

Well, I've actually already purchased her quite a few pairs of heels, including some "bedroom only" ones. Though now you guys are making me regret it, because I liked them so much. It was funny, we were shopping that day, and she decided on the pointy-toed patent pumps... and I also own that same exact pair in size 11. I was like - "You do realize that I bought these way before you did, right?" Ah, that was a fun day.

Well, I've actually already purchased her quite a few pairs of heels, including some "bedroom only" ones. Though now you guys are making me regret it, because I liked them so much.

It was funny, we were shopping that day, and she decided on the pointy-toed patent pumps... and I also own that same exact pair in size 11. I was like - "You do realize that I bought these way before you did, right?"

Ah, that was a fun day.

Had she see your pair before? Or, was she even aware that you had them?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I actually spotted these shoes a few weeks ago at Marshall's (a discount clothing store). It looked like they had a full shipment of them, but the largest size carried was size 10. Bummer, as they had a nice discount (I think they wanted $50 for them).

I convinced my girlfriend (who was shopping for heels) to try these on, and I snapped a few pictures with my phone. She ended up buying a more sensible pair, which is the third picture (these were bought at Shoe Dept. Only $20, and she wore them out to dinner that night!)

I went back to that same store a week later, and they were completely sold out. Unbelievable. Then, I saw a girl at a local ale house wearing them. She was having trouble, but wore them all night, from what I could tell.

I saw a pair like the one's pictured in the first two photos at Burlington Coat factory. I would have bought them, but they didn't have my size.

Had she see your pair before? Or' date=' was she even aware that you had them?[/quote']

Yes, she knows all about my shoes, and we have a lot of fun with it. She loves going shoe shopping with me, and she trusts my taste quite a bit. Though, she likes peeptoes, and I really don't.

I kept my whole heel thing a secret from my last girlfriend, which I don't really regret because she ended up being crazy. With my current girlfriend, I decided to ease her into the idea, which worked very well. She probably wouldn't be too keen about me wearing girly heels outside, but aside from that she enjoys everything else about this little quirk of mine.

Yeah, I find that Burlington Coat factory's shoes only go up to 10 in most sizes, and if they do go up to 11, it's probably a lower-heeled style that I wouldn't buy anyway.

I just wanted to report that I received my Steve Madden Caryssa shoes today, in black suede. I love them! At size 11, the heel is 5.5" exactly. I didn't measure the platform. They definitely do run exactly a half size large. So, the size 11 fits like an 11.5... and is probably the best-fitting pair of heels I have in my collection because of this.