Performers falling cause high heel challenge

morpho

For all of you that love to challenge the height of the new designs and new fashion of high heels, it doesn't matter how much experience you have and if you are a gal or a man, all of us can fall at any moment, respect the heel height and be careful, check this out, Maria Carey falls in a way i remember i did once at the street when going out trying a new pair of boots, of course for me was in a lonely street, Carey in front of thousands and now in internet.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/stopthepresses/295756/mariah-takes-a-tumble-assistants-rush-to-the-rescue/

Im thinking that it is sexy too when someone grabs the attention because of falling due to the high heels, i personally find it hot and sexy, immediately i take a look to her shoes, and legs of course. Here Maria is so pretty and hot, it is very delighting to see her falling down again and again (harmless), part of the show.

cheers

V. Morpho

The clip didn't show a picture of the shoes that she was wearing. However, if they were the "latest style," they'll have thick platforms, really long, thin heels and ankle straps. All of the elements of a disaster waiting to happen. She's really lucky she didn't sprain her ankle or, even worse, break it.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

It's always interesting to see the relationship between the humor and the embarrassment of slipping and falling...at least she had a little bit of a sense of humor about it. I wonder how many more videos like that would be floating around if men wearing heels were a more accepted practice.

But I digress...here is my favorite fall video:

thanks all for sharing, .....i personally instead of finding it accidentally/clumsy or unlucky, i have to label the moment as "hot and sexy" dont ask me why. taking out the injuries which i dont wish it for any one, i got the opportunity to help a chick to standing up after they fall down, two times in a mall, fortunately they were young and strong girls who didnt got hurted, but shown legs big big time, i felt like a child, :) In the other hand you are right bubba, those heels "assuming they are the new 1.5-2inch platform new style heels, are very dangerous, i hope no one will fall flat after trying those one without practicing on hard slippery surfaces before, try to stick a piece of rubber on the bottom of the sole for avoiding the accidents. I have to admit that once i fall flat with a 6inch-2inch platform high heel eliie boot, and had my ankle twisted badly i had to stay out of the heeling arena for some months. now with the cold weather coming be careful to all heelers!!! cheers

V. Morpho

I have to admit that once i fall flat with a 6inch-2inch platform high heel eliie boot, and had my ankle twisted badly i had to stay out of the heeling arena for some months.

Exactly the same thing happened to me back in my High School days (16-17 years old, about). I used to love wearing ankle strap sandals with 4" platforms. One night while walking our pooch around the block (we were living in Arlington, VA at the time), I stepped on a stone, my ankle rolled to the side and I fell off of my plats, scraping my knee and badly spraining my ankle.

Lucky for me that I wasn't that far from our house and managed to limp (crawl) back into the house, after removing my sandals. I moved around on crutches for more than a week and was off of high heels for a couple of months. I haven't worn shoes with platforms over ½" since. Any shoes with platforms any higher, no matter how sexy they might look, are downright dangerous -- at least for me to wear. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I have seen the runway model falling off her platforms many times and it still hurts to watch her wobbling ankles. It seems to have been the result of overdoing the runway strut with poor ankle strength in 6"+ high stiletto sandals with 1.5" thick and narrow platforms. You got it right, Bubba136, when you decided platforms over a certain thickness are accidents waiting to happen. Only the wearer can really determine what their limit is. Since it has become fashionable to have platforms at least an inch thick, it harder to find platforms any thinner, unless your looking for single soled heels. Putting things into perspective though, how many runways models and entertainers perform in heels during a week or a month. Are they all in the headlines for falling each time they appear? So we can't deem the few we hear about as epidemic beginnings or even a typical occurance. Sure people are going to have accidents, because it's possible to be unprepared, forgetful, distracted, or something that just plain goes haywire and unexpected. You can only control so much. The rest you have to trust in providence that you will be alright or hopefully better. The stories of injuries from wearing high heels are out there. So are those who enjoy wearing them. You know your perspective, so enjoy wearing your heels accordingly.

First of all much respect for the ones that take that challenge! I think the high-platform heels are more likely to fall with/twist ankles with, especially if they have not much support for the foot when they are mules/sandals and just a strap would hold the foot onto the shoe! And one must notice the very slippery surface of a catwalk and the model have to walk almost awkward with the feet crossing over in an extreme way... I think with a little practice one could wear the extremely high shoes well, but better choose the ones with less high platform and not to choose mules, and maybe roughen up the soles a little... If the heel/arch is damn high/higher than the person every walked on, it's always tricky I think, and she should be cautious with every step.. But that's probably also the exciting thing for me watching and for her wearing, sporting/challenging a high heeled shoe that's not easy to walk in:yummy:

First of all much respect for the ones that take that challenge!

I think the high-platform heels are more likely to fall with/twist ankles with, especially if they have not much support for the foot when they are mules/sandals and just a strap would hold the foot onto the shoe! And one must notice the very slippery surface of a catwalk and the model have to walk almost awkward with the feet crossing over in an extreme way...

I think with a little practice one could wear the extremely high shoes well, but better choose the ones with less high platform and not to choose mules, and maybe roughen up the soles a little...

If the heel/arch is damn high/higher than the person every walked on, it's always tricky I think, and she should be cautious with every step.. But that's probably also the exciting thing for me watching and for her wearing, sporting/challenging a high heeled shoe that's not easy to walk in:yummy:

I can assure you that falling off a platform is exceedingly dangerous and painful. The platform itself gives an extra 2", maybe as much as 4" for you to fall off, and for the foot and ankle to twist underneath. In the UK, nearly 18% of female severe ankle injuries are sustained by intoxicated young girls falling off platform stiletto heels.....and for 'simple' sprains the figure is almost 90%!(NHS). In the United States, the overall figures are closer to 25-30%.

Platforms also require a different way of walking than ordinary heels, in order to keep your balance on a sole that is designed smaller than your own footprint.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"