Regis & Kelly does it again! 2nd Annual High-Heel-A-Thon

ChipsHH

http://bventertainment.go.com/tv/buenavista/regisandkelly/special/highheel/index.html

I'll just let the site do the talking. I definitely think it's worth a visit to New York now, just for this. They had a contestant this year running for his wife, which led me to having to post about it.

They apparently started this because of an event in Amsterdam (Canada, I presume). There's a video in the sidebar, scroll at the very bottom, and it explains how it started. That said, I can't wait to visit New York for this, next year possibly :)

Formally "HHDude"

I have to agree with you there, haha. Like WOW! Photo finish was close. Of course, the heels weren't half-bad either :) Forgot to add that the height requirement for the heels were around 3 inches or higher; and they said on the show that the circumference of the heel weren't to be too wide. So basically, stiletto heels were almost mandatory (as well as a twisted ankle! Haha). And...I'll post again for anything else I forgot to mention, haha.

Formally "HHDude"

This response is a little late, but here are my thoughts - I guess you would have to practice running on the tip toes so that you would not come down hard on the heel. As it is I can run in my 2.75 inch wedge sandals without the heel striking the ground, so with a bit of practice and conditioning I should be able to handle a 3 inch heel. :)

When I was a teenager in high school, I wondered what it was like to run in my 4" stiletto courts. One evening while I was out heeling, I went to the school's athletic area where the track and field events were held. I began a sort of trot, but it was like running in place. When I broke out into a full run, it was like JohnH posted about his heels never touching the ground which made it easier until I got tired and had to slow down. So running fast in heels isn't as bad as one might think as long as the runner uses their ankles and toe balljoints. It's the end of the run and the height of the heels that again factor into the foot action. If you're planning to race in heels, practice is necessary. Not to make it easier, but to increase your endurance in using the ankle and toes joints for the length of the race.

were there any men in that race? (I didn't notice any) :)

Yup! However, they focused on one of guys falling down while racing after they had interviewed him. There were a few women who also stumbled in the race, but it was the guy who got more aire time for being such a klutz in heels.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw it on their "LIVE" show Live and seems like Kelly herself was in pair of Lowest Heels ever seen her wear, other then Athletic/Gym Shoe/Tennies (however you may term them) style. Too bad though the Winner wiped out on the Carpet at Finish Line. 8'-{

Boots Rock!!!!

• 1 month later...

We got something similar here in SA, the Sisters With Blisters. It is a walk about abuse against woman and children. Anyone can walk. There is the 4km and the 8km on the 27 November. The only rule is that you are not alowed to walk with wedges, it must be stillettos. I am going to walk as well in 4 1/2 inch stillettos. I will post the photos after the walk. I am looking for someone here to walk with me, but no one seems to be keen. :wave:

We got something similar here in SA, the Sisters With Blisters. It is a walk about abuse against woman and children. Anyone can walk. There is the 4km and the 8km on the 27 November. The only rule is that you are not alowed to walk with wedges, it must be stillettos. I am going to walk as well in 4 1/2 inch stillettos. I will post the photos after the walk.

I am looking for someone here to walk with me, but no one seems to be keen. :wave:

:( Good luck Jay Jay - look forward to hearing more about how it went and seeing the pictures.

Sure that there are a lot of us who want to join you but are either precluded by distance - I'll be in the UK or previous commitments. It just seems to be a bad weekend for everyone there.

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels