It's Official - High Heels Shorten Calf Muscles (But We Know It Already....)

pussyinboots

The article is taken from the same source as the article in the Economist (another thread on here). I don't find 11 women a statistically valid population. 1100 maybe, but 11? Nah. Like most internet articles, there isn't much good science here. Steve

In other news, scientists have discovered that bears defecate in woods and, stop the press, The Pope is a catholic!!

Are you sure about the Pope? I heard that he was German. :):silly::clap::wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The positive effect on my happiness, as a result of wearing heels, far out-ways any possible negative effect on my body. Besides, doing weight lifting, or any other type of exercise that builds muscle bulk will also have the effect of shortening muscles. If anyone is worried about it, then you just have to do some stretching exercises to take care of that issue.

I actually started another thread on the 18th, titled an article in the Economist with links to the research published in the Journal of Experimental Biology.

Yes, it's a good Thread too.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

The positive effect on my happiness, as a result of wearing heels, far out-ways any possible negative effect on my body. Besides, doing weight lifting, or any other type of exercise that builds muscle bulk will also have the effect of shortening muscles. If anyone is worried about it, then you just have to do some stretching exercises to take care of that issue.

I agree completly, the idea of not wearing heels is out of the question. The way I feel and the sense of self esteem outway the down side of wearing heels. Ill do what I have to to stay healthy.

I agree completly, the idea of not wearing heels is out of the question.

Totally. This is a factor that is all too often overlooked. High heels not only please my fashion tastes, they make me feel a more confident and sexy woman. If I really had to choose, then my mental and spiritual well-being would far outweigh any physical fitness issues.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"