Would you wear your avatar (rank picture) ?

JCinHeels

I'd wear those in my rank picture. Definitely. And I worked hard to get them, so I'd be pretty damn happy in them too!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

What's wrong with Bert and HS's sandals? They're decent heels. I've a pair almost the same and I wear them.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

There's some old quote about begging and not choosing. Well, the kitten heeled slings in the picture are nice enough that I would wear them. Just because I can be a stiletto goddess and the envy of other girls, doesn't mean I have to wear the highest heels I can handle all of the time. And anyone who says different, well, that threatens my freedom, so, :wink:

There's some old quote about begging and not choosing.

It's 'Beggars can't be choosers'.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

I would never wear the shoes I've been given as an avatar by this forum!!!

I think they're intended as a gentle encouragement to keep on posting. After only 25 posts you're into something a little nicer! So, feel free to post more, and earn some nicer shoes :wink:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I think they're intended as a gentle encouragement to keep on posting. After only 25 posts you're into something a little nicer! So, feel free to post more, and earn some nicer shoes :D

...... Says Yamyam in with Debbie's 6 inch Oxfords as an avatar :wink:

Not sure if I'd wear the kittens.. Just not my style I guess.. I'm more of a high heel pumps or boots kinda guy :wink: Of course the last times I've been out in public wearing heels includes doing wheelies on my bike with 3" chunky heel boots, and wearing my ballet boots to a club. *shrug* I may be willing to try the oxfords though. Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

I think they're intended as a gentle encouragement to keep on posting. After only 25 posts you're into something a little nicer! So, feel free to post more, and earn some nicer shoes :o

And how many posts do I need to get into the real stiletto's???

:wink::D

...... Says Yamyam in with Debbie's 6 inch Oxfords as an avatar :wink:

Well, uh, I'd wear them, certainly. And I started out in 'Comfy Loafers' once as well. It's over a year ago now, mind :D

I think I did the same as ALL of you: During my initial postings I was lumbered with the dreaded comfy loafer (I'd like to get hold of the sadist who cunningly chose THAT one!) without knowing I could lift myself on to better and higher things. In fact, I was just about to commit suicide due to the sheer shame of being associated with that DREADFUL monstrosity when luckily I happened upon a megaforum page (I forget where it is now) that gave a chart of our progress into higher and higher stuff and the real business! Very cunning indeed! There's method in the mind of that apparent sadist! So, all of us, ONWARDS AND UPWARDS! Cheers, Heelsfan.

Onwards and upwards!

Hi to all, my second avatar is nearly an exact copy of my own beloved varnish stilettos. That's the reason why I choosed this pic as my personal avatar. I still remember the times when my forum avatar were those ugly "comfy loafers". Eeeehhh :wink: micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Laurie - I've been meaning to ask for a while: Is that a picture of you in the avatar?

Yes, that is me, although the shirt is not the most flattering. My sister has a really good picture of me somewhere...

The picture was taken a long tiome ago (now) and the car belongs to Chris. He'll have that red Mustang for about three m,ore days before he trades for a convertible. Yes, black soft top, cruising around in style, my hair blowing in the wind...

Since we're looking to borrow the web camrea, it might be time for a new rank picture. :wink:

That picture was taken on the way to a place called Bragg Creek, in Alberta. I am wearing 5.5 inch white stilettos, naturally. I have no idea where the original picture is located right now, but maybe I can find it and make sure it is scaled for web viewing.

And then post a follow up with the new car? We can only hope...

Yes that's it. Good work Racoon. I think I cut down the pictiure and resized it for the avatar, but the original is very nice . I think it is a flattering pic. Casual outfit, natural pose, pretty smile, nice car. All in all better than what I see 99.9% of the time so it has to be a winner.

Warren, I knew the quote, but I try to avoid cliches as much as possible.

Being different is the key to having fun when writing. :wink:

I'm just catching up on the postings. I thought you might have forgotten, or something.

BTW, I think your avatar looks great. Good luck with the job hunt.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

Laurie: While you're waiting to find a job, why not start your own business. Take stock of your strengths and marketable skills. Decide which would be most in demand, prepare a brochure and pass them out. I'm sure someone will hire you on a per job basis. A business acquaintance of mine was "downsized" as a result of his company's belt tightening. He had no luck landing another job and was really discouraged because he felt no one would hire him again because of his age (over 50). I worked with him for a couple of days and we developed a strategy for his own business. He passed his brochures out to about 100 different businesses in our area and after a few days, landed several commissions. Oh, the area he chose to concentrate was office and business administration. Records management, setting up filing systems, etc. (He never did find another job. He quit looking once his part time business grew into full time job.) Now, a couple of years later, he's hired book keepers, computer people, data entry clerks and several other skills that people occasionally use but either can't afford to hire or don't need on a full time basis. Perhaps you could do something like that while you continue looking for other work.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

My skills... hrm. Cooking (catering industry is already filled with people) Typing (there are lots of positions for this, all offering very low pay) Writing (my goal, which I will work towards but it takes a few years. Wearing heels (what kind of hbusiness could I get into with that?) It would be wonderful to be able to put together my own business. But I have nothing to put into the business, and there will be some very lean times as I try to do whatever it is I will do before I can manage to make money. By then, things will be very bad. I am not trying to be negative, I am just pointing out that right now, I just need someone to hire me, treat me with respect, and pay me at least half of what I am worth. It still feels impossible.