Amazingly fashion conscious

yozz

It is amazing how wearing heels makes people fashion conscious. I used to be rather fashion unaware in normal male mode, and hence close to, but not quite a slob. But when I wear heeled shoes, I am aware that I should not make a mess of it and should make the whole outfit look at least not ridiculous. The idea is then to put something together that my wife thinks OK or even good. There is quite some satisfaction in this approval. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

With the idea that heels put you on an elegant pedestal, you become more concerned with the appearance you are portraying. Then you also want to coordinate your attire to compliment and accent the heels. Even your physique comes into view and you work at keeping trim and healthy. Men in heels is probably the best thing that has happened to modern men. Even sitting on the couch watching the sports event of the season, would be more refined, as the guys wear their heels.

I've found that wearing heels has actually helped my professional attire that I wear to work, which is kinda funny, actually. Since I started co-ordinating my outfits to go with my heels, my supervisors noticed how much better I look, and that I take more care in how I appear. I feel more relaxed, confident, and ready to take on each day - and it shows!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I agree with all of you. I spend extra time coordinating my clothing with the high heels that I have in my possession. Also if I feel like wearing a particular pair of high heels, I will coordinate my clothing around them.

Reading the remarks by SQ, I start wondering to what extend this is because it is something at the edge. Would we remain so fashion minded, if it would be a completely normal thing? In other words: is it due to the 'forbidden fruit' or is it something more intrinsic with the heels? They do have an elegance that regular male shoes cannot come close to. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

It could be that heels, on the whole, do not look good with sloppy clothing, so in an effort to keep from looking like an fool or troublemaker, we keep in mind what all looks good with them, and then it just all comes together. I could be wrong though - it could be part of the "forbidden fruit" syndrome, but I know no one has hassled me over wearing them, as they're not screaming red patent stilettos or 6" Domina boots - but rather nice moderate styles that actually look good when paired up with nice business-casual attire. For me, it just gives me reason to go clothes shopping all the more - to find more combinations that work well with my footwear, so they can get more use, and not just sit in my closet collecting dust.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Great thread! I agree with most of what's been said if not all of it. I know for me, I don't want to make good shoes look bad with the wrong clothes or vise versa. To me, most mens shoes look crappy to start with, so who cares what you wear with them? Which is the point of all this.

The women carefully co-ordinate their outfits with their shoes for the same reasons and we should do the same. if we continue to look closely at what we wear with our heels then the idea of men wearing heels in public will go a long way with the way that the general public looks at the idea. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I agree - if I'm wearing heels, say to a movie, or a play, I'm wearing my best jeans (that's all I wear, lol), a decent shirt, and my best sweater. Clean-shaven, hair in place, and a few jewelry items (subtle earrings, a ring or two, best watch, a matching bracelet for the other wrist). Sport / winter jacket, as required by the weather. :smile:

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Excellent thread so much is true.

I work on aircraft so I leave the style police at home,- It's jeans, tee shirt, top fleece and steel toes. I'm a slob

Similar in the garden or on the car. I'm going to get dirty but going out it's another matter.

Before the next step I do travel (drive) in heels mixing what I have so I keep the "feel" in. It normally gives a better start to the morning even if it is only for a couple of miles.

So 1 tick in the box

Casual visits

Heels (if ok) keep it subtle and match. Black shoes will go everywhere with everything just not trouser hem/cuff above the ankle, touching on the toe top is comfy = 1" of heel shown.

Coloured shoes match with the shirt. (I have a Plum and grey/purple)

The plum I wear light tan trousers.

Dressy occasions, Yes a suit gives a lift but I find flat shoes leaves something wanting, a slight polish so to speak.

Claim another feel good point

So I have added in different length trousers to handle my heel heights, this does it! The real spark.

What I did for Rocky was a real WOW but skirts will/may not be tolerated often

Claim lots more points!

I think it's a bit of trying to be better maybe special or noticed (for the exhibitionists)

Yes good heels + good clothing style = full points count

Al

Sometimes, adding heels to any look is just what is needed to make the look perfect. Of course, looking good for mountain trekking, beach combing, or auto mechanicing may be more apt to destroy an excellent pair of heels, but if you can afford replacements and you're so inclined.....