got some courage now...

hhdude159

The biggest obstacle to wearing heels in public is your mind. The more you'll venture out in public the more confident you'll get simply because you'll find that 99 percent of people simply don't care. You can avoid the 1 percent who do care by choosing your heeling outings wisely. Once you do gain confidence you'll also find that wearing heels is a great ice breaker when it comes to talking to women. I've never had a negative reaction from a woman.

What Maximillian says is so true. Only experience will give you confidence to streetheel and the more you do it the more fun and confidence you will gain. Just put your shoes on and go about your business as you would in any other pair of shoes. Shoes are shoes. Enjoy your publc outings and keep us all posted here on your progress. Congrats! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Congrats on your outings, and may you have many more! It's true what Maximillian said - one's own mind can be the biggest obstacle, and once it's overcome, then it becomes easy! I like pumps because of how easy they are to slip on and off, and they look great, but are also the most "out there" style usually - definitely worth going out in though! I like boots, myself, but as long as you enjoy what you wear, let NOTHING stand in your way! :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

The outings I do now are small but it is a building block for me. As of right now, I have not told any salespeople that the heels are for me and not for the ladies but I think I will tell them soon.

Reminds me of the old Johnnie Cash song....one step at a time, boy....just one step at a time.....

get comfortable in your own mind...and, you will find that as your confidence grows, so will your desire to wear them other places without concern.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, today, I started another outing outside of neighborhood and since it was raining, I figured why not. I put on my heels and went outside of my house for a walk around the neighborhood. The walk was like 45 minutes to an hour long. As for the reactions, I didn't think anyone cared but I got a feeling some cared. After the walk, all I have to say is WOW, it felt great. I felt like I did not care about the reactions and wanted to go out again.

HHDude159:-) You certainly have the right attitude going right now and this gives you something to keep building on for the near future. Congrats to you and you are doing fine. Enjoy to the fullest. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

It's a part of nature to want the approval of others, but sometimes we just have to remember who we are with certain feelings and desires that are peculiar to us. You may share many of the same things as others have, but the individual known as you, has certain priority differences to be met in order to become complete. If you satisfy what others want you to be like, will you ever find who you are? Life seems to be divided into stages or cycles. Each one building upon the other. You have an idea or a vision of what you consider perfection and each stage can bring you closer to that goal. If you're letting someone elses program run your life, you may find success, but you won't have the satisfaction of being in control of you, which could make you feel hollow and unfulfilled even with the accolades of achievement. Kind of like a surgeon who cheated on the test for the complicated operation he is about to perform without any further personal preparation.