Walking in heels!......Have you thought about it?

scrappycoco

I know this tag line sound's funny but has anyone here male wise ever thought about how they walk in heels? I am asking this cause I was trying to figure out how to walk in heel's with out looking like a dork! So to speak. I have found a lot of good video's out there about this. Has anyone ever had someone of the other sex offer you advise on how to properly walk in heels? I mean let's face it there is a right way and a wrong way. Just kind of wondering. Hope this open's a good descusion amoungest us heel wearing guys.

Absolutely. I thought about how one walks in heels properly long before I actually acknowledged my own desire to walk in them myself. The balletic alignment required to resist gravity is one of the things about heels that appeal to me most. -MJ

Well, some of the thing's that I have seen and read vary's. The biggest common theme that I have seen is it's all about how you stand when you are wearing heels. As far as how you step is what has varried. In the video's i have watched and what I have read. For me I have for some reason alway's been able to walk in heel's. As far as how we men and women walk when not in heel's I don't really think that differ's that much.

I know this tag line sound's funny but has anyone here male wise ever thought about how they walk in heels? I am asking this cause I was trying to figure out how to walk in heel's with out looking like a dork! So to speak. I have found a lot of good video's out there about this. Has anyone ever had someone of the other sex offer you advise on how to properly walk in heels? I mean let's face it there is a right way and a wrong way. Just kind of wondering. Hope this open's a good descusion amoungest us heel wearing guys.

As far as a man walking in heels is concerned, a good example of how to walk while wearing heels is presented by rmaciej1983 in his latest videos posted in another thread on this forum. J

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Like others have stated, when I started wearing heels, I didn't considered how my walking looked. They were the footwear that I chose and most anything else didn't matter. I still wear the heels I like, but my selections are more in line with what I feel comfortable while heeling. The higher the heel, the shorter distance between steps to exhibit an effortless and a graceful stride. If your walking in heels looks like your having to exert excessive effort to balance each step, then your high heels are too tall for the gait you are trying to travel. So slow down and take shorter steps. It has also been mentioned if you can't raise your heel by the balls of your toes at least another 3/4 inch off the standing surface, then this is also a sign your high heels are too tall for walking correctly. (This doesn't apply to ballet heels.)