Daily heeling

corsair

I am between jobs at the moment, so I have had some time for heeling that I normally wouldn't have. I have attached a photo of two different pairs of boots that I have been wearing a lot lately. I had a doctor visit for followup and wore the lower, blockier heels without giving it much thought. But, we get to the exam room and the lovely young assistant has me sit on the bed/table to poke and prod, and I see her glance down at what are obviously womens boots. And if that weren't enough, as she checks my muscle tone (very good, thank you) she slides her hands down my legs to the ankles, leaving no doubt that these were knee high. In her cheery manner, she simply commented, "I love the boots". I replied that they kept my feet warm, and she replied that they were also a good choice today for keeping my feet dry (it was pouring outside). I have some jeans that, for some reason, are a couple of inches too long, but they are great for stealth heeling. I wear them for the other boots, and have done so a lot. I spent whole days wearing those boots to many places that I normally wouldn't heel. I wore them down to the government offices, to the library (for hours at a stretch), hardware store, utilities offices, the grocery store, you name it. I think a couple of times, women noticed them from head-on simply because of the shape and the for-shortened foot due to the heel. Otherwise, they didn't get much notice. I know that a bunch of you wear higher or spikier heels, but I was in my neighborhood going places where people know me and know me well. So it was pretty radical heeling for me, and very, very nice to be able to spend some time wearing what I like to wear. Corsair

post-1747-13352289497_thumb.jpg

Corsair, I have to say well done. IMHO you have chosen your footwear wisely. It raises an eyebrow or two maybe, but it is not extreem or smack of fetish, so it is easily accepted. If only more would have the same attitude to heels for wearing outside then we would be well on the way. I have often said guys should study the styles of footwear women wear and when they do, and take the cue from them. Rome wasn't built in a day and the same is true for men wearing high heels generally. Women do look at high stileto heels not as fetish, but tarty/sexy and so there is an appropriate time for wearing them. Men have got to get over the fetish thing about wearing womens shoes, and then we will be on the way. It is yet another mind thing. Kudos to you my friend. It is now almost a non event putting on 3" heels to go out that I don't even consider hiding them. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I have often said guys should study the styles of footwear women wear and when they do, and take the cue from them.

If I did that, I'd stop wearing heels altogether. Where I live, women in heels are about as common a sight as the Pope. In fact, every time I go out, I feel like I'm picking up their slack.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Hi Corsair, Thanks for sharing your story, looks like you had a great time heeling for those days. The Doc was very nice to give you a positive comment about you boots. Yes I agree, while in ones own turf we have to do what we need to maintain a lower profile. Great to hear from you, Mtnsofheels

A lady came into the shop today to order a custom design embroidered pillow for her granddaughter. She is in her 50's. We sat down, me in my 3" mary janes's, bare foot in plain site the whole time as we were designing the design she had picked out, and she never said a word. I know she couldn't help seeing my shoes as they were in plain site. She was so nice that I forgot I was even wearing them.:chuckle:

real men wear heels

Those are nice boots and it sounds like you enjoy and are comfortable wearing them. The heel height or shape doesn't matter. I wear boots like those to work, but I wear more feminine high heels about the town. As long as you enjoy wearing them and are comfortable wearing them, that's all that matters.