Special Request!!!

balletbooter

I am working away from home just now so i cant be in for the postman.

Just as i started my new job ive seen loads of new shoes i fancy but i cant be home to

get rid of the evidence! nobody knows, or will ever know so i was wondering if anybody was willing to be a middle man.

All i need is the topshop packaging discarded and replaced with the brown cardboard ebay looking variety and sent onto me!

willing to provide a handsome reward to this person and huge gratitude.

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=175039&parent_category_rn=175013&productId=1419263&langId=-1

The retail is £90 but ill pay you £120, i dont want to miss out on these!

Why not just pop into topshop and pick them up. Seeing as you know their item code, simply phone your local store and enquire if they have them in stock in your required size, reserve and pop in to collect. No need for all this clandestine rubbish, guys buy shoes for their girls all the time, and from the stores point of view its an easy sale. They just want your money. If you need to exchange the size because you do not wish to try on in the store, repeat the procedure. Simples. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

As above really. If you're really nervous just ask the assistant "Is it OK to exchange these if they don't fit her?". They may guess that they're actually for you but they won't care. I promise, the staff just want your money in the till. Hell, I've tried stiletto boots on in the shop and nobody minded. As you walk out with them in the bag pat yourself on the back for being a brave boy and put the £30 you've saved towards your next pair. BTW, they are very sexy boots, I'm quite tempted by a pair myself. :chuckle:

Balletbooter, I can certainly understand (and so will everyone else) why you do not have the "bottle" to even step into the shop to pick up something you have ordered. Been there and I didn't have the bottle at your age either. You are so much luckier though than us older guys because when we were struggling with this in our heads at your age, there was no internet to help. If you wanted a pair of heels, you just had to go into the shop. How many UK guys remember Cover Girl in Islington (sadly missed). This is part of the whole mind thing of course. Confidence is the key. Are you a confident person generally? Remember that as far an sales people are concerned, they want you to buy something as they get a slice of the action. They will be most helpful and really they have seen it all before and it is only those who haven't that need to have a laugh in the storeroom. Best thing is we are coming up to the party season, and so you have a cast iron reason/excuse to go into Barratts etc. Your going to a fancy dress party and have been dared to go as a girl, hence the need of some heels. You just missed another "excuse" - wearing heels to raise money for "Children in Need", but there are other countrywide fundraisers you can use the excuse for. Hey why not do the fundraising as well! Wonder just how much you would raise. Next time you pop into M&S just walk through the womens section and you will see men browsing through the racks. Men buy things for their women all the time. I often buy things I know my wife needs, but hasn't the time to shop for herself such as coats, skirts and so on. I just add something for myself at the same time if I want. It is easier of course buying something for someone else because your mind is happy with that and so you don't feel that you are doing something wrong. The hardest thing about it all is not buying womens stuff, but making the right choice. I was lucky recently when I purchased 3 pairs of shoes for my wife to choose from (the hardest task of all IMHO - buying shoes for a woman). She selected one of the three pairs which really surprised me especially as a girl who doesnt wear heels higher than 3" she selected the 4" pair. She justified it with "they're the most comfortable". Result. Then popped back to the store for a refund on the unwanted pairs. Easy. Funny, but in a way doing something like this is truely character building. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I feel for you, bb, I really do. It does take some courage to go shopping for heels or anything that might be thought 'out of character' but you will find that there is really nothing to it when you take the plunge.

I can well remember when I felt really awkward just stopping and looking at shoes in a shop window or on a display stand, but I soon realised that nobody else cared. And looking at, choosing or buying shoes for my gf or wife soon became second nature.

Tb2 and others have given you good advice; I hope you can act on it. But if personal collection ('on behalf of my gf/sister/colleague') or delivery to home really is a problem, can't you get the package sent to your workplace or lodgings, or even to your nearest main post office (assuming Topshop will deliver to an address other than that recorded by your credit card company)?

Good luck anyway - we look forward to hearing that you have the boots and are wearing them! :chuckle:

I got my first pair of heels six months ago. I visited a nearby mall. After looking at three small shoe shops I checked out a department store. I told the sales lady I was looking for a pair of strappy high heel sandals and they were for me. She disappeared for a few minutes and then came out with about 10 pairs of shoes for me to try on. With her help, I found a pair of silver strappy sandals. They fit nicely and are extremely sexy. As I was paying for them, I told her that I have been wearing thongs and panties for the past two years. When I told her I like the frilly, girlie kind, she said mine were sexier than hers and the ladies she works with. My advice is to just go in a store and be upfront with the sales people. They have a lot of knowledge and are there to help you. Take advantage of what they have to offer.