what size to buy

mickeyunc

I normally wear a US Woman's size 10½. I also have a pair of shoes like these. I ordered them in a size 11 and they fit nicely. So, I would recomment that you send them back and get the next size larger.:)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I think many of us have had this similar problem. Based on availability, style, leather, and color, sometimes you have to order via mail. If the shoe I'm looking for is available, I would rather try it on in the store and buy it there. I wear a size 12 in a woman's shoe, but I can wear some size 11 comfortably.

Mostly I can comfortably wear a size 10 or 10 & 1/2 with heels up to 3 inches or so.... 4" - 5" heels, I find I usually need 11's.... Anything I tried so far over 5", I have to go with 12's..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

mostly all the sizes I wear (I've told you all this before ofcourse:wink:) is womens 9, but sometimes (depending of the style of the boots) might be 9/ half to get a good fit.

It REALLY depends on the maker, cut, and style, because my size varies quite a bit between 13W and 16, depending - the 13W being from Payless, and the 16 being my Pleaser Flair-2010 boots. Just very odd size variations all over the place.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

This is why I prefer to buy mine in stores rather than on the internet. I like to see what I am getting and check to see I am getting a reasonably good fit. I have found the sales people to be very helpful and courteous. Be sure to tell them upfront the shoes are for you, instead of making up some kind of story. Half the fun is walking around a women's shoe store in high heels.

Just like ShockQueen,Bubba136, and others said it all depends on style, material, brand name, or like I said once even where it is made. It is FAR better to try something on in the store and then, when you see another style shoe of the same brand you should be able to order with confidence over the Internet. I'd recommend everyone have shoes with different features: ankle strap, ankle wrap, closed back, slingback, open-toe, peep-toe, and closed-toe, leather or patent--there is nobody who'll be able to buy the same size for all of these since they'll fit differently.

• 2 weeks later...