Your first high heels.

I am Beatriz Laura, a heel lover. I like a lot sandals and pumps. I´d like to read about your first high heels in your life. Mine were a pair of sandals, 2" high, when I had my 9th birthday. I was astoniched with them. I felt very "adult". Letr´s go. come here and tell us about your first times in high heels.

well my 1st pair was a little different!! 1st pair was at around the age of 25, yep that late, cant even remember what color, quiet possible black,(remember that later had a white pair) and trying to giggle the memory would say somewhere between 4-4.5 inch heel and they were normal plain pumps with stiletto heels due to life circumstances they are long gone!! however now have many more!! thanx to the help of the wife!!:)

Hiya welcome to the forum. I have been wearing my mother's heels ever since the age of 4 or so (it's another story) but I was about 23 when I bought a pair of my own.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I was mystified by heels in particular a girls wedges at school at an early age of 6 but first pair came around 13-14 on a paper round where a sudden urge to do my paper round with my heels scrunching the back down of a normal shoe to appear like heels the urge became stronger and stronger during that particular round and on returning home i immediately put on my mums high heels and felt at peace like id never felt before unfortunately i couldnt keep my feet out of them all day at every opportunity and i couldnt even get through the afternoon before i was caught and that was tough explaining as never knew myself why. After that i use to borrow a customers shoes left in her porch do my round in them then return them after, never got caught doing that but few hair raising nearly caughts which gave me such a rush i couldnt stop.

My first pair were a pair of red high heel pumps that my Mom gave me to play with when I was 3 or 4. As for my first pair as an adult, I was 21, married and my first wife surprised me with a pair of mary jane stilettos.

real men wear heels

Hi Beatriz Laura, welcome to the forum. My first heels where my sisters high heels knee high boots in black patent, I was 11. I loved them so my sister gave them to me until my father found them.... worst day of my live... Had to explain why and lost them all in the same day ...:-(

FoxyLady

As I have written about before, I can't remember a time when I didn't wear high heels. My earliest memories, back when I was two or three years old, are of playing in my mother's closet with her shoes and clomping all over the house wearing them. Wore them until I outgrew them and bought my first pair of high heels - a pair of green patent sandals with black patent 4" heels - when I was 12, which I literally wore until they fell off of my feet.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

my first pair of heels were some i borrowed from a neighbor and i wore them when i had the chance , they were black knee boots with a 4 '' block heel and i wore them all over the house when alone. she never missed them and as an adult it was just a yrs or so ago when i got my 6'' platforms . yes i know that high to start with but i love them now as i can walk in them great

Used to wear my moms shoes in secret through my teens - like most of us I was always terrified I would be caught. Was fine until my feet passed hers size and then it was always a bit of a stretch! When I finally moved into a place of my own, I took a pair of her cast-offs which were destined for charity - a pair of white court shoes with a 3' heel. The cleaner found them - blagged her that they belonged to a girl I'd met and they had to go! Finally bought pair of my own in my mid 20's. They were a pair of black suede courts by Bally with a 3 heel - they were so comfortable it was scary!

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

It was a dark and stormy night, parents were at the neighbors and my sister was very unhappy. As usual 'hide and seek' was the way to fix her attitude. I had found her in mom's closet playing with her shoes. I took a pair of 3" brown ones she hardly ever wore and Sis & I clomped around the house until she felt good enough to go to sleep. About 5 minutes after I started wearing those heels, I remember saying to myself "this is pretty good", that was the start. After that I would sneak them and wear them whenever I could, as Sis liked to play dress up, this was not a problem. When we would be over at our Grandmothers house, she had many shoes from the late '40s and '50s, one in particular that turned out to be my favorite until I "grew out of them", they were a round toe, 5" heel that was almost 3/4" across on the bottom (even at that age I was into details - guess that's why I ended up an engineer....). I loved it when Sis and I could sleep over as I would wear them to bed. After I got out in the world, I had a rented flat and in the mail one day was a catalog from some large store, I thumbed through it and kept going back to the woman's shoes section. I finally ordered two pair, one was black leather 4 1/2"heel, the other was brown newbuck with a black leather toe cap 4 3/4" heel. These almost got me in trouble more than once. When the shoes came, I got a card in the mail that I had to go to store to pick them up. My heart was pounding so hard I thought EVERYBODY could hear it Trying to be "cool" I also grabbed a couple package of stockings and said to the clerk that "she will probably need these too". The clerk was giving me a strange look, I paid for the items and quickly left.....sure that I would be busted at the door. I drove around for about 30 minutes thinking for sure I was being followed, finally went home and parked in back. And that's how it all started for me.

Hmmm, my first pair. (That's a while back.) As I recall I was on the road, interviewing for a job and my travels took me to Indianapolis. After the interview I took a room at a Motel 6 (well, it was cheap and they left the light on for me), then I went out to find something to eat. On the way, I saw a Plc-Way shoe store -- they don't seem to be around anymore but they were pretty much the same type of store as PayLess. I had wanted to try a pair of heels for so long but how to get them? A guy going in to buy a pair of women's shoes would have to get him branded with all kinds of undesirable labels, right? But nobody knew me in this town and if I got the job, I would just avoid going back to that store (yeah, right). So, nervous as a twitch, I went in and quickly glanced around to get a layout of the store. I had to head over to the men's side so as not to raise too many questions, then I crossed over to the "other" side in the back of the store. Once there I found myself facing this huge rack of all kinds of ladies' shoes, some with fairly respectable heels, all organized by size. Now, what size? I was so excited and nervous I am certain I was visibly shaking. Trying them on was not going to be an option that day. Well, the sizes ended at 11 (to become a recurring theme later on) and the selection of heels dwindled at 10. 10's looked a little small although I normally wore a men's 10 -- didn't know about the 2-size rule yet. I found a pair of size 11 bright red stiletto pumps. The heels were a good 4 inches, as gauged by the length of my index finger laid along the back of the heel. I had already figured out that's how I was going to measure the heels in the store. I was convinced I looked strange enough already, whipping out a tape-measure in the womens' shoe aisle would really raise some eyebrows. The shoes weren't very expensive, as I recall they were under 20 dollars. I picked up the box, put the lid on and made my way to the cashier. The cashier was a young guy and I am certain he knew what was going on. He didn't say much but I sensed a bit of attitude from him. However, a sale is a sale and my money was the same color as any woman's. Trying to suppress my jitters as I paid for the purchase was a challenge and my "getaway" from the store (it really felt like that) was a relief. Most importantly, I had those wonderful heels in a shopping bag dangling from my elbow. Back at the motel, I discovered that 11's were a little small for me. The shoes were tight but I could get them on and walk in them. What an incredible rush! I'm wearing **HEELS** and they are fun and exciting! After about an hour they became very uncomfortable so I reluctantly took them off. I placed them on the table so I could admire them. They went back on as soon as my feet recovered and the cycle repeated several times that evening. I kept those shoes several years, they succumbed to one of my purges. They gradually became more comfortable -- even PU can stretch a little. I didn't get the job either.

Have a happy time!

My Mom always wore black oxfords with a 1.5" chunky heel so they certainly didn't turn me on in any way so I never even tried them on. I did try my Sister's spike heels on and noticed the difference right away and I was hooked for life. Wearing heels has been one of the greatest joys in my lifetime and there is nothing like it anywhere. I started wearing heels at the age of 12 and started buying my own when I got a job and could afford them. Haven't looked back since. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Mine was a pair of red thigh high boots with a four inch stilletto heel that a former biker girl dared me to wear. The next pair was a white thigh high boot that i used to play a drumset with my girlfriend at the time. She always wanted us to play together in thigh high boots.

My first heels were a pair of white seven and half inch/four inch platform slides. I bought them eight years ago on a lark. There was a exotic dancer oriented clothing site that I used to enjoy visiting just for the photos. Then one day, I decided to visit the clearance page just out of curiosity. I noticed the shoes were on sale for something like $30, so I ordered them, thinking they'd look great on a bookshelf. When they arrived, I noticed that they might actually fit me. I tried them on and sure enough, they fit perfectly. I put them on took two steps and nearly fell down. At that point, they ceased being anything other than a physical challenge. A few years earlier I had written a paper for an applied anatomy class on the alignment required for walking in high heels (I had a neighbor who worked as a hostess at a drag bar, where six inch heels were required by management so I relied on her experiences for my research), thus I felt--my own inexperience notwithstanding--that I knew a thing or two about walking in heels. I practiced yoga and devoted a lot of time to alignment so I took to the challenge quickly and before long I was wearing them around the house for hours on end. I loved balletic discipline that they enforced upon my physique. After about six weeks of my new "houseshoes" I saw that a nearby repertory cinema was showing Some Like it Hot, so I wore them there and that began a solid two year phase of wearing heels out on a regular basis. I'm just starting to resume wearing heels on a regular basis, but those white shoes are retired now and will make it to that bookshelf before the year is out. -MJ

I got my first pair of heels five months ago. I visited a nearby mall. After checking out three women's shoe stores, I tried a department store. The sales lady that helped me was very courteous and helpful. I told her right away they were for me and I was looking for a pair of strappy high heel sandals. She found just the right pair. They are silver and very sexy looking. It was such a thrill to walk around the ladies shoe department in high heels. It was a very fun day. Since then I have added another 11 pairs. I guess you could say that I am sold on them.

what do you plan to replace them with? Another pair just like them?

Done and done! I replaced them a few years ago with a pair in this product line except mine are white. The second strap makes them MUCH more secure to walk around in. I just need to bolster the cushion on the footpad. They are fine for indoors but outdoors, after a few blocks they become somewhat less comfortable. After that first blast of public heeling I kind of went overboard and bought about ten pairs of heels. Then for several years I didn't wear any as I was working almost 24/7. Now that that phase is over and the mission was accomplished, I've resumed wearing heels outside, and pared down the collection to the five pairs I feel most comfortable in.

-MJ