High-heeled shoes to be banned!

euchrid

I bet the women who wear them might have something to say. I reckon the men feel threatened and intimidated by stiletto women!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Daily Mail twisting things. There was a discussion on this on the Venessa Feltz show on BBC London Thrusday morning, talking about this very subject. The person that was on, wasn't suggesting that high heels be banned from the workplace but rather women shouldn't be forced to wear high heels in order to keep their jobs. That is they can wear what they wish. A girl can look glamourous in a pair of flats too (although Agent Provocateur may have some problems;)).

This is the programme:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p003xdhp/Vanessa_Feltz_06_08_2009/

Skip about 1hr 35mins in where the guest from The Society of Chiropodists speaks about it.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

well i'm sorry but i have to agree with the union on this one....all those poor gals in heels tut tutt.............does'nt say ANYTHING about men in heels though so obviously we are immune to any psyological problems that may be caused and so the union is being sexist and discriminatory! LOL! oh if only i had time to talk crap........too busy earning a living and heel huntin!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

I don't think this will happen by any chance, but if the media does finally persuade the ladies to stop wearng heels, then that will certainly boost our chances of stealing and wearng high heels from the ladies closets. After all, we must save the shoe industry in the world from extinction by all of us men buying and wearing high heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

A place that stilettos are banned is White Scar caves just east of the lake district. Reason Most of the walkways are on metal gratings with 2x4cm holes. a) it's a lot of walking on them and on tiptoe is hell with low ceilings. :) guaranteed broken heel or ankle. Beyond that it's just common sense. Al

Twaddle from union officials who have far too much time on their hands. They should take up wearing heels themselves, then they would have something to do for excitement.

Have a happy time!

Twaddle from union officials who have far too much time on their hands.

They should take up wearing heels themselves, then they would have something to do for excitement.

A place that stilettos are banned is White Scar caves just east of the lake district.

Reason

Most of the walkways are on metal gratings with 2x4cm holes.

a) it's a lot of walking on them and on tiptoe is hell with low ceilings.

:) guaranteed broken heel or ankle.

Beyond that it's just common sense.

Al

I don't think this will happen by any chance, but if the media does finally persuade the ladies to stop wearng heels, then that will certainly boost our chances of stealing and wearng high heels from the ladies closets. After all, we must save the shoe industry in the world from extinction by all of us men buying and wearing high heels.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Well, I do not personally know of any work place where wearing high heels is required. So if it is purely a matter of fashion choices, then I think the unions are way off-base on this.

On the other hand, I have worked in places, such as aircraft factories, where heels were banned for safety reasons. In fact, with only one exception, I never saw anyone in that plant wearing heels, and we had a work force of 20,000. In short, it was just plain good sense.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

So let them ban heels. Then we could all go to work in micro-mini-skirts and wearing roller skates. Running rings round these sexist, jealous men at high speed on skates could soon change their minds!

Despite the plethora of outcry you guys, there are substantial reasons as to why heels don't belong in certain workplaces any more than rings or unbound long hair. Safety! If the union bosses are trying to save bucks (tight economy, remember?), then a simpler, safer attire might be the most cost-effective way to go.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I remember a thing about fifteen years ago where a woman was sacked for wearing stiletto's at work. Her boss was pissed because the new flooring around the photocopier had become ruined by his secretary who refused to change her shoes! Only wish I could employ her now, although I fear I would never get any work done!!

• 5 weeks later...

Despite the plethora of outcry you guys, there are substantial reasons as to why heels don't belong in certain workplaces any more than rings or unbound long hair.

Safety! If the union bosses are trying to save bucks (tight economy, remember?), then a simpler, safer attire might be the most cost-effective way to go.

Yes, depending on the geography of the work area, high heels might not be appropriate. But I don't see any problem with them being worn in an office or office type area.