Where Are The Heely Guys?

Magickman

Yes. Where Are The Heely Guys? Because I certainly haven't seen any. I keep my eyes open, and try to be aware. But I have never, ever, seen another man in heels, out in public. Very frequently, I am out and about in a variety of my own high heels. Different styles, but mostly boots, from 3" to 5". I get a few looks, and some comments, mostly positive, usually from women. But the other heely men are notably absent from my sight. The consequence of this is that I have begun to wonder. To wonder, that is, if I am the only one in the American midwest. Even if there were only a few men in heels, it seems as if I ought to have at least an occasional sighting. But it has not happened. Set me straight, please. Are there men wearing high heels in public? Or am I the only one?

i was in 3.5 inch heeled black pumps ast night for dinner with my gf, going to dinner tonight in the same pumps. because of the gas prices here in west michigan im riding my mountain bike almost everywhere to save money, and im not quite crazy enough to try riding it in heels....yet.

life is short, heels are high, live it up!

Magickman... I wonder the same thing. I feel that I am the only guy wearing heels out here in Central California. Since the weather warmed the past few weeks, I have been out and about in my hh sandals almost exclusively. Been wearing heels in public (sandals) since 1994, and never, never have I seen another guy out in heels. To bad, I guess we will carry the torch for all the rest. As for the rest of y'all, give it a shot, once you get out in public, it is NOT that big of a deal. Today I have been out all day in a pair of 2 inch wedgie sling back t-strap thongs. If folks notice, and some do, they either compliment or say nothing. Have fun !!! SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Yes! It would be nice to see other guys publicly heeling other than during the planned heel meets in this area. Then again, maybe they are, but their trousers are so long that they hide the heels from any notice, unless you're almost on top of them. Block heels are harder to notice than stilettos, when jeans are covering them, anyway. Keep your courage up though. At least your satisfied and enjoying the heeling benefits. Most likely, you could be the catalyst for the heeling movement in your area. Especially when they see how comfortable you are to wear them.

We are very rare. Outside of organised heelmeets I have only ever seen 5 other guys in heels. The first was an oriental guy on the Tube (subway), the second was an old guy in Eastbourne with a very avant garde style of dress, the third was an old Greek guy who worked at TLSB, the 4th was a youngish guy out with his girlfriend in Camden and the last was a guy in 3" wedge flip-flops. On all these occasions I was wearing heels myself!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I saw a fella at the D.I. (The local Thrift store) in salt lake a couple months ago wearing suede boots with a 4 inch heel, but so far that is just about it. Keep on Keeping on, sooner or later you will see more guys trade their skate shoes in for a nice pair of heels. ;)

Think of the odds...we are of small numbers to begin with. You would have to be out at the same time. You would have to be out in the same place. You would then actually have to be looking at the moment of truth at actually see a guy in heels. It all begins to add up, probabilities being what they are. However, I know that there are other guys in my local area that heel (right, Dawn_HH?) because I have had women in shoe stores tell me that they have guy customers who not only buy and try on shoes, but they wear them in public. I haven even taken a few clues to "go exploring" for these alleged male heelers but have had no luck to this point in time. However, if you were at this exact moment, at Panera west of Pittsburgh, you might see a guy in heels working diligently on his computer. Though a group of guys could walk in right now dressed as Rockettes and I amy be none the wiser unless I look up. If we just keep on heeling and more guys who are members find the moxy to get out, etc, we may have a rise in occurences.

Style is built from the ground up!

I'm with Dr. Shoe. Leaving out the early seventies and crossdressers in P'Town, I can probably count the sightings on the fingers of one hand -- even in the seventies, I rarely saw anything over a couple inches.

Let's see...

In 1972 in Boston, I saw a guy on the street wearing shorts and 5-6 inch heel wood sole sandals. Nobody seemed to pay much attention.

Around 1980, I saw a man in K-Mart trying on 4 inch heel clogs.

In 1990-1992, there was a man in his early sixties who always wore 3-4 inch wedge heel boots to meetings of the ham radio club I belonged to at the time. Nobody seemed to pay any attention to this.

Winter 1994, I saw a twenty-ish guy walking down the street in Boston with a woman. He was wearing 3 inch block heel loafers and looked like he was having a hard time of it. He was holding the woman's arm for his own support. It was like a scene out of one of the Maybe You'd Like to Try It, type of stories in our story section.

Spring 2002, a train station in Yokohama Japan. A Japanese man around forty, wearing a business suit and red sandals with 6 inch heels and 2 inch platforms. He didn't walk very well in them, and everyone was staring.

I was with a couple young women, Japanese college students, and they were horrified to have me see this. They kept saying, "Very unusual, very unusual." (High heels=hai hiiru in Japanese.)

I completely go along with what Happyfeat says and he probably said it much better than I ever could. Mickey and I were shopping at our local Giant Eagle the other day and I saw a man wearing cowboy boots which I hadn't seen in a while in my area. I haven't seen any other man in my area wearng heels except myself since I joined this Forum. All the more important for us to attend the local area heel meets, not only for us to see other men wearing heels, but to meet those and befriend those individuals and to expose to the public that there is such a thing as men wearing heels in public to educate them that the activity is becoming more common as time goes on. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

You are not alone. It's just that there aren't a whole lot of us and it's a big world so our paths don't cross. I cannot say I have ever seen a guy in heels -- other than cowboy boots (except for that guy whose reflection I sometimes see in windows -- oh wait a minute, that's me!)

Have a happy time!

You are not alone. It's just that there aren't a whole lot of us and it's a big world so our paths don't cross. I cannot say I have ever seen a guy in heels -- other than cowboy boots (except for that guy whose reflection I sometimes see in windows -- oh wait a minute, that's me!)

OH, wait a minute that's me! That is all I ever see also, but I'm not expecting to see another guy out and about for all the reasons posted here.

Don't be discouraged, just have fun being different.

Thrill

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

Try this experiment:

Pick a style of shoe, even quite a common ordinary one that's for sale in a shoe shop then look for anyone who's wearing it. My betting is that you will see one pair at the most.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.