Two choices :o

ChipsHH

Well, it's about that time I add another pair of heels to my collection, but a slight problem: I don't know which to choose!

Here's one I'm thinking of: http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Shoes/WedgesHeels/Pleaser-Black-Patent-Dancer-Heels-385242.jsp(Straight from the Pleaser line :winkiss:)

And the others: http://www.payless.com/images/700x700/070057_4_700x700.jpg (from the Payless "alice+olivia" line)

So, I asked my friend which she would choose, and she chose the black platforms, and I'm leaning towards them as well. They're only 36 dollars, while the polka-dots are 40, rounded off. The black ones are higher by a half an inch, and I think I'd like them. What do you all think?

Formally "HHDude"

The stiletto platforms were my favorites for years, but I have moved to the mini-platforms instead of the 2-inchers because they are much more stable and less worry on uneven ground. I gave away all my tall platforms.

I think there was a recent post in the Payless Perpetual thread where someone bought a pair of the Alice shoes and commented about them. Might be worth a look.

I think this is the link off the Pleaser site, gives a different angle: http://www.pleaserusa.com/showcase/ProductDetail.asp?div=1_PLEASER&dpt=30_MID_P&ctg=6_KISS&STYLE_CD=KISS%2D209&PROD_CD=KISS209%2FB%2FM

Really comes down to two main differences:

1. Color - the polka dots definitely stand out (not sure if that's good or bad). The Pleaser ones are basic black, pretty usable in almost any situtation. --- Just looked at the Payless website, the Alice's also come in solid black for the sole & heel, and pink & black for the upper portion.

2. Heel width - The Pleasers have a classic stilletto heel, whereas the Payless ones have a much wider one.

If it makes a difference, the Payless ones you can probably find in a store (ie. no shipping), whereas there may be a shipping fee with HotTopic (the prices are so close, it's probably not a factor though). Also if you try the Payless ones on at home, and end up not liking them, they're probably easier to return.

I agree with BobHH about tall platforms. They may look great, but having to worry more than usual about turning an ankle to right out falling down, I have also chosen to stay below the 1" high platform level, with some exeptions. For the most part, I also prefer heels that are equivalent to 5.25" or less while heeling with the shoes that fit my attire and, of course, my feet properly, as well. Now, where did I put my keys?

So? Get Both!

Pssh, I only have enough for one pair. Then I'm onward to continuing living my leftover teenage life (i.e. video games, etc.)

If it makes a difference, the Payless ones you can probably find in a store (ie. no shipping), whereas there may be a shipping fee with HotTopic (the prices are so close, it's probably not a factor though). Also if you try the Payless ones on at home, and end up not liking them, they're probably easier to return.

Well, I've been to the surrounding Payless stores around me, and so far, none of them have the polka-dot heels, at all :silly: I have just about three more stores to try, so hope me the best of luck :winkiss:

EDIT: And, no worries, everyone. I actually have a pair of chunky heel 2inch platforms already. They're getting a little tight around the toe-area, though, so I may donate them mometarily.

Formally "HHDude"

If you can't make up your mind...just toss a coin....Heads....Polka Dot...Tails...Solid black.....takes all the hard work out of it and leaves it to chance

Ehh, I wouldn't go for that. Cause if I get polka-dot, then I may not like it. Then again...gahh! Hard!

Formally "HHDude"

..Well, I've been to the surrounding Payless stores around me, and so far, none of them have the polka-dot heels...

If you're not timid, you can ask a Payless salesperson to do a 'locate' on the SKU of the shoe, and they'll print out a list of local stores with any inventory. A little easier if the other stores are not otherwise close to you.