Grrr....

euchrid

Anyone watch the 1st episode of Boy Meets Girl tonight?

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/features/boy-meets-girl--strangers-in-strange-skins-1669781.html

as might have been expected, it contained an "hilarious" :winkiss: scene where the guy (now trapped in a womans body) walks like a drunken giraffe in high heels. Oh hee hee, how very amusing and oh so original!!!

Later on, 'he' makes a remark about "how can women wear these instruments of torture?".

sheesh, thanks ITV for giving us such modern thought-provoking comedy-drama. :clap::silly:

Always High-Heel Responsibly

...it contained an "hilarious" :winkiss: scene where the guy (now trapped in a womans body) walks like a drunken giraffe in high heels. Oh hee hee, how very amusing and oh so original!!!

Sadly, I've seen many CD/TV/TS women who couldn't walk for squat in heels, either, which is a shame, as it's a fair giveaway.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

What else would you expect from a programme made and show on itv? Its a sad indictment of rubbish served up to us by the media industry, all they really care about at "the ratings" and so it matters not a jot to them if they are reinforcing age old stereotypes that should be dead and buried....and may the BBC be forgiven for what they have done to Reggie Perrin they know not what crime they are commiting

Sadly, I've seen many CD/TV/TS women who couldn't walk for squat in heels, either, which is a shame, as it's a fair giveaway.

...and real women.

The only giveaway is the fact that the person can't wear heels.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Very true, two female friends of mine who shared my foot size could not walk in heels at all. One didnt care, the other would be annoyed at my ability to walk in boots she would love to wear :winkiss:

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 2 months later...

Say what you will, but I rather enjoyed that clip. Then again, I've seen a lot of "body swap" type stories, but to me, this would be by far one of the funnier ones.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Another example of guys trying to satisfy the stereotypical attitude of thinking real men can't show any outward symptoms or abilities that can be qualified as those of gals. Everyone has to have a time to become familiar with the things that are foreign to their abilities. Children up untill they first learned to walk on their own or speak their first sentence, struggle to acheive those skills. The idea of getting these younguns with the new found skill to orate a two minute dissertation on the similarities of men and women in heels, would be beyond their scope of life. Even though they are walking in daddy's heels like mommy does.

• 3 weeks later...

I really believe it depends on the writers intentions. If they want to emphasize that the character is obviously a male dressed as a woman or does not dress like this often, then they are presented as being clumsy or feeling awkward. But if the writers want to fool another character, as well as the audience, they present a very passable person who walks in heels like they have worn them all their lives.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

That's a very old, and often-repeated theme. My first impression (definately not the first on the silver screen) was of a switch between one of the brothers from Simon and Simon and some blond actress who had a wonderful ability to act like one of the guys. Jeremy Smits starred as a supporting actor. Circa 1980s.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.