Question about shoe size

candidheel

If a woman's foot is 9 inches long.... does that mean she wears a size 6 in US women's shoe size terms? ALSO, Would her foot likely reach this size around the age of 18? If so, what would the significance of that be? Is that the average shoe size for a woman? And are really hot heels more likely to be found in this size? Thanks much in advance.

If a woman's foot is 9 inches long.... does that mean she wears a size 6 in US women's shoe size terms? ALSO, Would her foot likely reach this size around the age of 18?

If so, what would the significance of that be? Is that the average shoe size for a woman? And are really hot heels more likely to be found in this size?

Thanks much in advance.

Well, 9 inches, which would be the equivilent of a US women's size 5, is pretty small for an adult and I imagine a large child could probably wear it. In my estimation, most teenage girls would have out-grown a size 5 by the age of 14 or 15 unless, of course, she came from really dimminutive parents. I think the average US woman wears about a size 8 and they normally reach that by age 18.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

If a woman's foot is 9 inches long.... does that mean she wears a size 6 in US women's shoe size terms? ALSO, Would her foot likely reach this size around the age of 18?

If more women in America acted their age and not their shoe size then she would be a size 18 I guess.

Handy for carrying the extra weight.

:winkiss:

If more women in America acted their age and not their shoe size then she would be a size 18 I guess.

Handy for carrying the extra weight.

:winkiss:

For the longest time, I really thought this was a really cool and open minded forum.

It has recently came to my attention that a lot of you from other countries think us Americans are immature and idiots, including TECH.

Apparently some of you have trouble meeting and understanding good people and wouldn't know a good ol down to earth American if he or she was standing right in front of you.

Well long story short, I don't need this kind of hospitality anymore. Buy.:silly:

real men wear heels

For the longest time, I really thought this was a really cool and open minded forum.

It has recently came to my attention that a lot of you from other countries think us Americans are immature and idiots, including TECH.

Apparently some of you have trouble meeting and understanding good people and wouldn't know a good ol down to earth American if he or she was standing right in front of you.

Well long story short, I don't need this kind of hospitality anymore. Buy.:winkiss:

You know, one of the main things I like about being British is that we can poke fun at ourselves. This provides us with an excellent platform from which to poke fun at the rest of the world.

Johnnie if this really is to be your final word then please do make sure it's spelled properly.

Gosh whatever next?.

I'll miss your posts.

:silly:

Ahhhhh, Johnieheels! --- Take it with a grain of salt. I've spent a lot of time in the UK over the years and I've found that the British have their share of "redneck" equivalents, too. While Amanda Snake mentions the English's ability to absorb self-served criticism, she fails to mention the "ire" generated when non-Brits sling criticisms at them. In other words, it's perfectly alright for "us" to criticize ourselves but you, not being one of us, had better not do it. It's the identical attitude taken by when people from other countries blast our country, standard of living, social practices or way of life. Recently, several historians have published in depth analysis about the American Revolution, particularly exploring why the colonials rebelled against British rule. One of the reasons noted was the total lack of understanding on the part of British officials in England (homeland) on why the the people living in the colonies so highly resented their interference in the colony's every day life and unwillingness on the part of the colonels to remit the high taxes that were levied on the colonies' commerce. After all, when compared to the average commoner living in the UK, the standard of living of even the poorest colonial was higher than that of the average Brit living in London. This difference in the standard of living was pointed out in many of the letters British Officers wrote to their relatives back in England. And, resulted in a large number of British troops choosing to remain in the "colonies" after the war was over. The attitude prevails. So, don't take it personally. It's hardly worth letting it drive you from this forum, unless you are already seeking a reason to depart. I hope you will re-think your decision leave. Your contributions are far more valuable to the larger number of members here. So, while I'm sure Amanda Snake was being critical in a way that was meant to be "humorous" or "playful," and can, perhaps be taken out of context, it's not anything to be bothered about. :winkiss:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

You know, one of the main things I like about being British is that we can poke fun at ourselves. This provides us with an excellent platform from which to poke fun at the rest of the world.

Johnnie if this really is to be your final word then please do make sure it's spelled properly.

Gosh whatever next?.

I'll miss your posts.

:silly:

Excellent point. Without any form of self measure, how do we know where to set the bar of piss-taking...

Mabey Johnie isnt understand the British humour too well?

Well long story short, I don't need this kind of hospitality anymore. Buy.:winkiss:

And? Why is my name so special? Why am I not part of the "a lot of you"??

For what its worth, I take people at face value and being the internet, we can only judge by what we see/read.

So, I'm not going to get into some sort of Q&A with you over the who/what/where of why you are saying that I think Americans are idiots, but needless to say, in my many encounters with American people, I've often found them to be far more polite, and 10x as helpful as any brit I've ever known or come across.

So, how has it come to your attention then that "a lot of us" think Americans are idiots? If you cant say, then it doesnt exist and cannot brought to the table.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!