How much sound does walking in heels produce ?

Hot Heely

This is my problem... I live in a apartment in 7 floor building. I have neighbours under me and above me and towards me. I have plastic standard carpet/floor in the whole apartment. I usually put on my heels when my wife is out(she doesnt now) so how much does the neighbours underneath me here when Im walking around. I have some small carpets that I put together so I have a few meters to walk on before hitting the floor directly. I try to walk as quiet as I can but I dont really like that. Ive come up with a pretty cheesy solution, I talk an old slipper very thin and put the whole shoe in it. I tape the back on the slipper to the heel so its fixed. Then I can walk normaly without making any noise, but its not the same thing. But I must practice in some way, anyone who got a better idea plase tell me. Sorry for the spelling here guys and girls :thumbsup: HH

HighHeelsForLife :-)

Unfortunately, sound of heels goes through buildings well, so you are heard. Thing is, you have to remind yourself that noone will care at all....trust me. But, yes, chances are your neighbors (especially below) do hear you.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Unfortunately, sound of heels goes through buildings well, so you are heard. Thing is, you have to remind yourself that noone will care at all....trust me.

But, yes, chances are your neighbors (especially below) do hear you.

The thing is that I dont wanna disturb them, imagine meeting the woman who lives underneath my apartment in the elevator asking me or my wife if someone walks around in highheel shoes...

Hot Heely, What are your heel tips made of? If metal, maybe changing the tips to rubber or soft plastic would muffle the sound a bit and still give you the sturdy feel you enjoy with the metal tips. If the tips are already the softer kind, getting more rugs or carpet samples to lay on the floor is another option.

The thing is that I dont wanna disturb them, imagine meeting the woman who lives underneath my apartment in the elevator asking me or my wife if someone walks around in highheel shoes...

take a small piece of cloth and fold it around the heel tip and fasten it on with a rubber band. That will muffle the sound.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hot Heely,

What are your heel tips made of? If metal, maybe changing the tips to rubber or soft plastic would muffle the sound a bit and still give you the sturdy feel you enjoy with the metal tips. If the tips are already the softer kind, getting more rugs or carpet samples to lay on the floor is another option.

They are actually all plastic heels tip I belive Ive seen non metal so far. Yes Ive been thinking of carpets to.

This is my problem.. I usually put on my heels when my wife is out(she doesnt now) anyone who got a better idea plase tell me. Sorry for the spelling here guys and girls :thumbsup:

HH

Tell your wife so you don't have to hide. It's only shoes.

real men wear heels

How much the neighbors hear depends very much on the exact composition of the floor, and on how you walk. Some people make very much noise even barefoot. But this is a lower type of sound then when you have for instance heels on a parket floor. With parket it depends very much on what is under it (floating or directly on the concreet). With a carpet it depends on the quality of the carpet of course. With my parket I have the solution that if the heels are not too pointy, one can use these felt things that you usually put under the legs of the chairs and other things to protect the parket. They stick rather well and after that there is no problem at all. After a few weeks they may come off at the heel and you may have to put a new one. They don't work too well with stilettos though. If it is just a matter of practising, you could use heels of the height you like and a surface of about one square inch (or a bit more) and put this protector. You can also put a bigger piece under the front part. Now you can walk all you want and you make even less sound than with the shoes your wife thinks you are wearing. (or than with slippers). I hope this helps. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

How much the neighbors hear depends very much on the exact composition of the

floor, and on how you walk.

Some people make very much noise even barefoot. But this is a lower type of

sound then when you have for instance heels on a parket floor.

With parket it depends very much on what is under it (floating or directly on the

concreet). With a carpet it depends on the quality of the carpet of course.

With my parket I have the solution that if the heels are not too pointy, one can use

these felt things that you usually put under the legs of the chairs and other things

to protect the parket. They stick rather well and after that there is no problem at all.

After a few weeks they may come off at the heel and you may have to put a new one.

They don't work too well with stilettos though.

If it is just a matter of practising, you could use heels of the height you like and a

surface of about one square inch (or a bit more) and put this protector. You can also

put a bigger piece under the front part. Now you can walk all you want and you make

even less sound than with the shoes your wife thinks you are wearing.

(or than with slippers).

I hope this helps.

Y.

Great info thanks

You can also try some thicker heels, many of which have a small rubber layer under the heel. I also own quite a few large chunky heels in the 4" range that are completely rubber heeled. I use them most often for wearing out when I don't want everyone to hear me clicking about in heels. With long jeans over them, I can go virtually unnoticed going out to places where I don't feel as confident in wearing the more obvious heels. Anyway, just an suggestion, I know they often don't look as sexy as the heels you probably would prefer to wear, but it gives you some other options to keep the heels quiet for your scenario.

You can also try some thicker heels, many of which have a small rubber layer under the heel. I also own quite a few large chunky heels in the 4" range that are completely rubber heeled. I use them most often for wearing out when I don't want everyone to hear me clicking about in heels. With long jeans over them, I can go virtually unnoticed going out to places where I don't feel as confident in wearing the more obvious heels.

Anyway, just an suggestion, I know they often don't look as sexy as the heels you probably would prefer to wear, but it gives you some other options to keep the heels quiet for your scenario.

Good idea, Thanks

HH