Any guys who wear men's 70s platforms?

70splats

Hey Guys, Was wondering if there are any guys who still wear men's style 70s platforms? if so how tall are the heels? I wear mine with 70s clothing I think I look cool, especially with the tight disco shirts, im very muscular, and i think I pull it off real well. I wear platforms have some with 5inch heels, and bump toes.

Got any pictures you would like to share with us ?

I noticed that you are new to this forum, so welcome !

Would it be a great idea if you introduce yourself to all of us ?

There is a special section in this forum just for that. See link below:

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/hellos_goodbyes_introductions/

Happy heeling :thumbsup:

I have a new pair of Kork-Ease sandals that were really popular in the 70's plus I have several other similar styles by other companies. What really cracks me up is many of the boots sold for women today are exactly like the boots that I had in the 70's that were men's styles. I wore them every day to school. Those were the days!! I loved plats then and still do.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I have a new pair of Kork-Ease sandals that were really popular in the 70's plus I have several other similar styles by other companies. What really cracks me up is many of the boots sold for women today are exactly like the boots that I had in the 70's that were men's styles. I wore them every day to school. Those were the days!! I loved plats then and still do.

doc41 I remember when Kork-Ease sandals were only $35. My originals bit the dust a few years ago, they were comfortable sandals.

rx

well, if you count my name-avitar (the ones in black) then yes! (I call them my "kiss boots") you can then guess as to why when you look @ them in my avitar:smile:

Well, I have two pair of original platform boots from the 70ies. One pair is from 1973 and I bought them from the original owner a couple of years ago. The other pair was bought a little bit earlier and they are from 1974. I am told that they are bought in the same shop as ABBA bought theirs. Well, it might be true or perhaps not. If you are interersted I can try to put pics of them here.

Yep, I'm a major offender when it comes to platforms. I do like the thinner heels, but don't like the thin soles. Platforms are easier to walk in, and I like the chunkier look; it works for some of us. I have many pairs of boots by Destroy, New Rock, and others from the second platform revival in the 90s. My favorite style is a round or square toe ankle boot with a two inch platform and four inch heel. I wear them with flare leg jeans, and can get away with it in most settings. I did have some styles from the 70s, but they aren't as comfortable for daily wear as the newer styles. Now I just have to wait until the look becomes "cool" again and manufacturers start making my kinds of boots. New Rock has the "Plataforma NRK" line, and they are nice boots; I picked up a couple of pairs of them in different styles, and wear them out a lot. Very comfortable, with great rocker styling.

doc41 I remember when Kork-Ease sandals were only $35. My originals bit the dust a few years ago, they were comfortable sandals.

rx

I remember seeing an advertisement in Rolling Stone in 1973 for Kork-Ease sandals. They were $25 a pair. I would have bought a pair then but they might as well have been $2500 because I couldn't even afford the lousy 25 bucks! That is why I bought the knock-off brands. Thankfully things are somewhat better today!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

rx

Kork-Ease sandals are still available. No longer are they $35, though. Prices are slightly higher. You can find them at:http://www.nextag.com/kork-ease/search-html (I'll definitely take another look later this spring when I'm looking for a new pair to wear at the beach.):thumbsup:

White Kork-Ease sandals

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I personally didn't care for the look and comfort of the available platforms for men in the 70's although I did like the idea of heels for men then. What bothered me was that the platform negated the heel and essencially you had a flat type of shoe without the feel of a heel. Undoubtedly the 90's were a bit different, but I shyed away from them as I was into ladies heels long before then and preferred using them instead. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I remember seeing an advertisement in Rolling Stone in 1973 for Kork-Ease sandals. They were $25 a pair. I would have bought a pair then but they might as well have been $2500 because I couldn't even afford the lousy 25 bucks! That is why I bought the knock-off brands. Thankfully things are somewhat better today!

Yeah, but $25 back then was a BIG chunk of change!

What really cracks me up is many of the boots sold for women today are exactly like the boots that I had in the 70's that were men's styles.

Ugg boots, if I'm not mistaken, started of as surfers-mainly guys and fewer girls-footwear.

I remember my neighbour had a pair of boys boots, that was in the early 80's. Sadly I can't remember much about them other than that he and his older brother had a pair each. Funnily enough I remember their sister's boots and her friend's boots quite clearly. Guess it was what I liked more.