Angry At Myself...

pumplover

There are more us about than you think pumplover, I'm on the outskirts of Reading :sad: Have you tried Puss In Boots in Reading? I've bought boots, stiletto sandals and PVC clothes from there before, though ain't been for a while. Go along and try some shoes on in there - they're really nice people and have seen plenty of guys in heels before. Look at http://www.pussboots.co.uk/ for more info.

Also, it's easy to get to Camden Town, Covent Garden, London in general from where we are. Shops in Camden Town are so used to guys trying on Pleaser boots and shoes, no one bats an eyelid. I know, I've done it, and it's great!! I also hear Brighton is quite cosmopolitan in it's dress codes these days so maybe you can have a day there. I wouldn't do it this week though as the sprogs on on half term :nervous:

Good luck :winkiss:

Thanks for the link. I rarely visit Reading at all. Last time I went to Reading was to buy a car and that was over three years ago. I may pop in and have a look the time I visit Reading :)

As a few others have said, do long bootcut jeans over more subtle looking heels, here are a few samples of what I have used so many times to go out heeling. These are some older pictures from when I was starting out, and I have more recently gone a little bit further than this, but I still stick pretty close to this look when I am outside. Hope this helps, you can go your own route, but I choose a slower path to streetheeling than many here have done... NOTE: some of the pictures are with one pant leg pulled up, one has both pant legs pulled up, just to show whats under the jeans.

post-12379-133522870604_thumb.jpg

post-12379-133522870615_thumb.jpg

post-12379-133522870627_thumb.jpg

post-12379-133522870639_thumb.jpg

Pumplover,

There aren't a lot of men on this board who can't empathize you. I've been more of a lurker here since joining the board, myself, and only recently started street-heeling last month. My shoes of choice are Raven Platform Lace Up ankle boots that I bought at Payless, specifically for street-heeling. I wear them with my typical clothes, which includes over-the-calf tube socks, black regular-fit jeans, and a black T-shirt. My heels are quite visible when I walk, they make a lot of noise, and I absolutely love them.

That first step out in public is scary as hell, but once you take it, you'll be amazed at how incredibly easy it really is, and you'll discover how intoxicating that kind of freedom of expression actually feels. Just remember, the key to successful street-heeling is being yourself. Don't act any differently than you do wearing men's shoes, and you'll have an absolute blast.

But don't push yourself into doing something you're uncomfortable with, either. If you wind up never wearing heels in public, that's entirely ok. A lot of guys here don't. As I said above, I didn't start street-heeling until 3 years after finding this place. It was the inspirational experiences of the people on this board that finally moved me to try it myself, and, personally, I couldn't be happier.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Thanks for the offer and please do not take this the wrong way, but I feel this is something I want to try out on my own first :nervous:

No problem. :winkiss:

I'm going away. :sad:

Good luck with your initial ventures. I guess we've all been there at one time or another, so most of us appreciate what you're going through. It's quite important you don't 'beat yourself up' over what you don't do. It's a big change going from in-the-house heeling to street heeling, no matter how short or quick the visits outside might be.

I started off, by walking around empty streets away from where I live at about 1am. If I did get 'busted', it wasn't going to be in front of my neighbours, and (very) early morning ventures meant less chance of me meeting anyone anyway.

Enjoying the anonimity (sp) of being one person amongst hundreds or thousands of people and better yet, being one half of a man/woman couple, brings a feeling of security we can usually take for granted in everyday life. Being part of a small mixed group practically guarantees 'invisibility' in heels. Or so I've found anyway.

So good luck, and stay calm. :)

Reading all your posts I feel fine about your words you have told. That's the reason for me to have a look at all your posts, because the sight of everyone is very usefull for me...and I think to all of us heel wearing men of the 21st century..

So I wish anybody a good pleasure finding his way to go out heeling or if that's enough for him stay at home a feel fine to this at that moment..

Have a good day

Shortskip

These arrived today, but boy the heels are loud.

I have attached a pic with jeans covering them up and when the jeans are lifted up. I am hoping to go out in these sometime.

You can get away with wearing those boots with even shorter pants cuffs. The only thing that would cause anyone to second-glance at your feet would be the loud heels. But, even then, the boots look like guy boots with hard leather heels.....no sweat..go for it. :winkiss:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Once again, I agree with Bubba. Those boots look like guy boots and you should be able to wear them anywhere and at any time. Don't worry about the loudness of the heels. I did at first myself, but if you streetheel enough, you will get used to the noise and all of a sudden you will notice the fun that you are having more than the sound of your heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

These arrived today, but boy the heels are loud.

I have attached a pic with jeans covering them up and when the jeans are lifted up. I am hoping to go out in these sometime.

Great boots and great look with the jeans. If I had those boots I would wear them out all the time. Don't worry about the noise from the heels, my dress shoes I wore to church sunday make about the same amount of noise my heels make.

Pumplover,

My shoes of choice are Raven Platform Lace Up ankle boots that I bought at Payless, specifically for street-heeling.

I absolutely love these boots. I am thinking about getting a second pair cause I will wear them out eventually. Very comfortable and tons of toe room.

If it is available in another color, I often will buy both. Since I mostly wear black shoes out in public, they are more likely to wear out so I like to have a second pair when they are some of my favorites. BTW - ever heard of Qupid Shoes? I found them at Burlington Coat Factory and they have great styles and good prices. I bought the attached shoes for $19.95 in US size 10 and they fit great. I usually wear an 11 in a closed shoe.

post-9194-133522871535_thumb.jpg