If you could take a pill...

spiker

Would you take the pill?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take the pill?

Great Question and with me a good argument for both sides but wearing heels is like a drug for good feeling and cant be replaced if "normal" so as much as i'd like to rid this side of me sometimes i know that "normal" people don't get the rush trigger that we do. I put normal in quotes as we assume that normal is the percentage that dont wear shoes and is the higher percentage but as put in earlier letter that in the higher percentage are nappy wearers all the other fetishes ( i think but not sure ours is 2nd in the league table behind feet ) also are all the phileas so the "normal percentage" then becomes very small so realistically if you dont have a fetish or philea you aint normal.

voted No!! have done many things and made many choices, just couz I dont want to be considered ''normal'' and by whos judgment would that be ''normal'' nope would not change who I am!!:)

I voted no and it was a difficult decision to make. Like lots of people here I have struggled with my fetish through puberty and teenage years feeling strange, perverted and alone. Luckily I found this place and have finally begun to accept myself. Unfortunately the people around me would not be so accepting and my job/appearence/lifestyle would nto allow me to wear heels as often as I like. So for now, i just make do with moments like now. Completely alone but joined to all of you through the interent. thank you all! Bub :)

Took ages to answer this one .. first it was yes, then no, then actually yes - finally voted No. Like most of the commentary already - Its taken a long time to come to a point where I am comfortable with myself. Whilst I still dont fully understand it myself - have come to the realisation that I am not weird or a freak. Rather I am different! Some call it a fetish but even that has a somewhat negative tone. Just because society doesnt understand or accept it fully, doesnt mean its wrong

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

• 2 weeks later...

I had to think about this for a while. I voted yes to the pill because in the end, everything is tragically tied up to context. Heels are just pieces of wood and plastic and leather. But our culture and society has trammeled them with all sorts of nonsensical power, meaning, and significance. As I get older, I tire of constantly trying to dodge the pitfalls of culture and society. It would be a hell of a lot easier to just bland and blend. I'm not saying that I don't like being who I am, but living in a world that constantly puts you on the defensive is fatiguing at the least. Gimme the damn pill and let the numbness begin.

something funny about society is that they always say you should be different, as long as you're not, because then if you're different, how on earth are they going to treat you, mostly because of fear or lack of self insight (if that's how it is called), beliving that if they hang around you inevitably they'll to become like you, on one hand as if that is a bad thing, then on the other hand as if they had no sense of selve being, or if any bahavior could be contagious just like a germ. i still belive the more respect we have for ourselves and about who we are, in the long run people will end up looking up at you.

something funny about society is that they always say you should be different, as long as you're not, because then if you're different, how on earth are they going to treat you, mostly because of fear or lack of self insight (if that's how it is called), beliving that if they hang around you inevitably they'll to become like you, on one hand as if that is a bad thing, then on the other hand as if they had no sense of selve being, or if any bahavior could be contagious just like a germ. i still belive the more respect we have for ourselves and about who we are, in the long run people will end up looking up at you.

Thats one very good post.

Thank you!

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

Don't think I'd be tempted to take that particular pill, but if I could take one which made my feet the size I wanted, then I would take it like a shot. Just imagine not having to worry about if a pair of heels were made in your size, knowing that the options available to you would be multiplied many times, and you would not have to pay extra for having to buy a "larger" size.

• 2 months later...

Happyinheels has the right attitude---forget the pills and just be your undeniable self and enjoy heeling in public daily as long as you can so that when the grime reaper taps you on the shoulder, you can say that you are ready and have done it all and then some. "Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night". Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 months later...