If you could take a pill...

spiker

Would you take the pill?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take the pill?

A question that I've been thinking about for a while: If you could take a pill that would 'fix' your high heel / high heel + women's clothes desire, would you take it? The pill would have no side effects, and after you'd taken the pill you wouldn't miss it, since it was no longer something you desired, you would in effect be 'normal'. I think I know the answer already....

Why should I try to "fix" something that ain't "broke"? Yeah, I may be out-of-the-mainstream in my footwear choices but I have a better word for that:

individuality.

Throughout my early years in school, this concept of "individuality" was stressed as being important. Heels are part of my individuality.

Besides, not enjoying heels would be just plain boring.

Have a happy time!

I think there is nothing wrong with what we do, perhaps though it would be good if there was a pill for all people to be more accepting/tolerant of things that they do not understand or things that are a bit out the norm.

I guess my question is rooted in the fact that I don't think I'll ever have the courage nor the partner's support to go out in public dressed as I want. Yet every day, that is exactly what I think about :nervous: Therefore if you could take that dichotomy away and you wouldn't miss it (that's the key part) then I'd probably do it... Phew...getting kinda deep...anyone got any jokes? :winkiss: Spiker.

I came, I breathed the air, The change is irreversible. .... and after you asked the question, I came to the conclusion that I'm happy in my own skin, so I don't want to change a thing. Xa

At this moment the "yes" counting is 1. Since I clicked "yes" I'm the only who voted so I have to say something. This is not the best moment in my life, relationship, etc... and I really think the need for high heel wearing is making things more difficult. Yes, I would take the pill to solve it. Note that this is not related to personal desire but to make life easier in the country I live and with close relatives and friends.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

nope i find heeling quite stress relieving,relaxing and enjoyable, love shopping for them when i get the chance! you would probably find that another aspect of your personality would change or alter if you try and 'cure' yourself 'every action has an equal and opposite reaction'???? not the perfect analogy but who knows what would replace your 'heeling' instincts? i think i am a much more laid back person for it... call it a hobby or obsession but i'll stay as i am!!!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

NO, Nada, Nope!

Now How about a Pill that would change our foot size so that we all could walk into any Women's Shoe Store and buy any style we like.

YES!

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

I understand why you would ask the question but I would not take the pill. I do not feel anything is wrong with me, however, I do not want to be rejected by society. I think the best we can do is get together as a group of guys in heels. That is why I am for meeting. Let's face it. I think we wear heels because we wished more women in our lives would wear heels. I think it is like being with your dream girl when you wear heels.

M_/|_/| NYC

Why should I try to "fix" something that ain't "broke"? Yeah, I may be out-of-the-mainstream in my footwear choices but I have a better word for that:

individuality.

Throughout my early years in school, this concept of "individuality" was stressed as being important. Heels are part of my individuality.

Besides, not enjoying heels would be just plain boring.

Total agreement here! I feel truly liberated to be myself when I am out and about in heels.

If you changed your question to, "If there was a pill to reduce how many shoes you bought?...", I think you're more apt to get a mix of answers. I'd be surprised if anyone says Yes to the current question.

Oh my yes. I wish I could be satisfied with a nice tidy collection, but more and more I need, repeat NEED, for example, a black pump with a 3 inch heel, 3 1/2 inch heel, 4 inch heel, etc. Not to mention the money that I spend on jeans and trousers specifically to wear with m heels. Maybe the pill I need is for OCD, not for heels.

nope

i find heeling quite stress relieving,relaxing and enjoyable, love shopping for them when i get the chance!

you would probably find that another aspect of your personality would change or alter if you try and 'cure' yourself

'every action has an equal and opposite reaction'???? not the perfect analogy

but who knows what would replace your 'heeling' instincts?

i think i am a much more laid back person for it...

call it a hobby or obsession but i'll stay as i am!!!

Yep, I would be way too worried about the side effects of any pharmaceutical. If there was a commercial for it and they had to list all of the side effects like reduced fashion sense or increased risk of oppression, there would be no market.

NO, Nada, Nope!

Now How about a Pill that would change our foot size so that we all could walk into any Women's Shoe Store and buy any style we like.

YES!

Now I may be interested in that one. Today I saw dozens of great shoes that were one size too small. Well on second thought, it might be better if I passed on that one as well.

I guess I have found that there is nothing that cures what ales ya like a day in very nice shoes!

Style is built from the ground up!

I think had I been asked this question back before I began to embrace my passion for heels and turn it into showing my individuality (and all the perks that came with it), I might have said yes. Especially back in the "confusing" years. But, the fact I have more confidence in myself, lost 45lbs, have a ton of fun, have amazing conversations with women I'd have never talked to before (or been approached by before), and still feel the excitement...it's SO worth being a bit "different"! No way I'd take the pill, now.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

What a great question. :winkiss:

I guess my question is rooted in the fact that I don't think I'll ever have the courage nor the partner's support to go out in public dressed as I want. Yet every day, that is exactly what I think about :nervous:

Therefore if you could take that dichotomy away and you wouldn't miss it (that's the key part) then I'd probably do it...

I voted "yes" because I too feel this frustration.

This is not the best moment in my life, relationship, etc... and I really think the need for high heel wearing is making things more difficult. Yes, I would take the pill to solve it.

Note that this is not related to personal desire but to make life easier in the country I live and with close relatives and friends.

I voted "yes" because I too feel this frustration.

call it a hobby or obsession but i'll stay as i am!!!

My obsession is starting to bother me, so I said "yes".

YES!

Now there's a person who can think laterally. I'd take that pill too!

I understand why you would ask the question but I would not take the pill. I do not feel anything is wrong with me, however, I do not want to be rejected by society.

I think the best we can do is get together as a group of guys in heels. That is why I am for meeting.

Let's face it. I think we wear heels because we wished more women in our lives would wear heels. I think it is like being with your dream girl when you wear heels.

I also don't like the prospect of being rejected (does anyone), so I voted "yes".

Total agreement here! I feel truly liberated to be myself when I am out and about in heels.

Oh my yes. I wish I could be satisfied with a nice tidy collection, but more and more I need, repeat NEED, for example, a black pump with a 3 inch heel, 3 1/2 inch heel, 4 inch heel, etc. Not to mention the money that I spend on jeans and trousers specifically to wear with m heels. Maybe the pill I need is for OCD, not for heels.

Now I may be interested in that one. Today I saw dozens of great shoes that were one size too small. Well on second thought, it might be better if I passed on that one as well.

I guess I have found that there is nothing that cures what ales ya like a day in very nice shoes!

Another pill I'd like to take. :)

Hey people, I'm not sad or upset about my compunction to wear or be around heels as much as possible. It is getting to be a bit of joke that when myself and my wife go out, I'm usually the one in heels because I can walk all day in them, and she can't. (sadly)

I guess the summer here meant I spent less time in heels than I wanted and feel a bit frustrated by it. There's no way I'm going to live long enough to see men wearing HH as 'regular' attire, so I'm always going to be an irregular guy. And it's not what I'm about really. Not at this stage of my life leastways. :smile:

Yes, I'd like to have smaller feet. (One size would do)

Yes, I'd like to remove what sometimes feels like OCD.

Yes I'd be happy to NOT have a thing for HH as there's easier less obtrusive desires I might satisfy.

But there's no magic button or pill, so I guess it's down to making the most of what we have. And fortunately, some of us have partners that allow us to have a pretty 'happy' life (for the most part) obsessing about heels. :sad:

I think the high heels shoe is a beautiful shoe. I have always enjoyed watching women wear them and I always enjoyed wearing them in private. I always thought women looked pretty wearing high heels and I thought looked pretty wearing high heels. Now that I wear them publicly and openly, I enjoy wearing high heels more than ever. There is no way I would ever take that pill even if it truly existed.

I could understand taking a pill to be "normal". But if wearing heels makes you happy, it can't be that bad. Sometimes you just need to be passionate about something, like sports. Sure you could take the pill, not buy any heels and save your money. But sometimes you need to treat yourself. If you are not living, you are just existing.

I voted no.

I have a problem in wearing heels (like many of us I suppose).

I am so frustrated in order not to be able to wear them with freedom.

I'd like not to have this problem.

But.. I don't have to wait a "pill" to solve my problem. I have to solve the problem by myself.

Let's face it. I think we wear heels because we wished more women in our lives would wear heels. I think it is like being with your dream girl when you wear heels.

I agree

Nope, I would not take a pill. Thanks to this Community (High Heel Place) what I thought was a weird obsession/issuse/fetish is not, I have found I am not alone any more. I am not ashamed to say I like high heels or even to say to select people I wear high heels. I would tell everyone but they are so narrow minded they couldn't / wouldn't understand. I wouldn't change anything except to be able to wear high heels anytime I wanted to.

• Like 1

I think the high heels shoe is a beautiful shoe. I have always enjoyed watching women wear them and I always enjoyed wearing them in private. I always thought women looked pretty wearing high heels and I thought looked pretty wearing high heels. Now that I wear them publicly and openly, I enjoy wearing high heels more than ever. There is no way I would ever take that pill even if it truly existed.

Couldn't of said it better myself. Thank You!!

I look forward to, and try to manipulate my schedule so I can wear my heels. Love 'em, wouldn't be without 'em.

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

Since this pill is hypothetical and probably never will come about, I'm not going to worry about it anyway since I take enough pills at my age to keep me healthy, I don't need more. If it wasn't for my health, I wouldn't take any pills at all, but that's probably one reason that we live longer in the long run. Life is beautiful and one of the reasons that we want to be able to wear heels forever and a day. So be it and then some. This is an excellent subject to cause us all to reflect upon and I'm glad that it was brought up for us to think about. Just wear your heels whenever possible and enjoy doing so no matter what other people think or say. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

id never take a pill to make my heel thoughts go away cause ever since i have known i've loved seeing high heels on women. When i first started wearing heels im hooked now and my gf is getting much more understanding of me wearing them which is great. i may even wear some of my high heeled boots to church one sunday with my jeans .

id never take a pill to make my heel thoughts go away cause ever since i have known i've loved seeing high heels on women. When i first started wearing heels im hooked now and my gf is getting much more understanding of me wearing them which is great. i may even wear some of my high heeled boots to church one sunday with my jeans .

I have worn heels to church many times. Nobody has ever said a word or treated me any different.

real men wear heels

I would take the pill. because if my job and what other people think. just like in another post. people precieve you are gay if you wear womans clothes/ shoes. i know it's not always true but i can't help feeling diffrent. i sometimes just want to be like everybody else. My wife says she doesn't care but i felt bad puting her in that position. and i still don't wear them around her.

I totally agree with the guys saying "NO WAY". I love wearing high heels and sometimes some other female clothes. I also ride a Harley and feel it's my choice to wear a helmet or not. We all have to be strong enough to control what we feel and do. I will always wear my heels. Great ? and conversation as always. Bern

i know it's not always true but i can't help feeling diffrent. i sometimes just want to be like everybody else. My wife says she doesn't care but i felt bad puting her in that position. and i still don't wear them around her.

Some of my life's observations ...

Usually people like to be a little different, maybe even a little 'special'. In many respects we are all individual, but in the great scheme of things, we are not as individual as we might like to think. I'd suggest all of us (whoever we are) will be 95% identical to every other 95% 'similar' person around us.

Me being here amongst many like minded people, was (a) a very pleasant surprise <verging on relief> and (:winkiss: an indicator that I'm not as 'individual' as I thought. I continue to doubt many people are.

If a person you live with, are close to, spend a lot of time with, who doesn't like something about your character, you would know. They might say it doesn't matter, but to you, it would be obvious that it does.

Many of us here will be shocked and disappointed you feel so badly about your interest in wearing heels. I voted for the pill simply because I prefer a little more control over my life than I have at the moment. I really, really really really really enjoy wearing heels and looking at/being around people who also wear them. I can't imagine why you seem to feel so bad about doing the same?

You must know from being here, your interest isn't so unusual, and this place must REALLY be the tip of an iceberg. How many more of us don't spend any time on the internet? And how many that do, still haven't stumbled across the site? I'd been on Bulletin Boards for over 5 years before I came here....

Believe me, you're not as 'different' as you may think. With only a couple of exceptions, every person I've met off here looked like every regular person I see outside in the real world. In other words, they are regular people but are discreetly and deeply interested in high heels. It's part of our character, part of the 5% of us, that makes us what we all like to think of as; "unique". Except I doubt any of us are.

You simply must find a way to stop feeling so bad abut you being you. You're obviously married, and that could only have happened after a reasonably long period of courtship and getting to know each other. Sounds like she loves and cares for you. I fail to understand why someone who is loved and cared for by their partner, would find it so difficult to let themselves be loved and cared for. It will seem to all of us, she is happy for you to be you. It's a great place to be .....

Can I offer some advice?

Allow yourself the freedom to be you for 3 weeks, and allow your wife to help you, be you. [Even if that means the only contribution she makes is she remains indifferent to whatever you have on your feet.] This might be the first step to you accepting you for what you are; a fairly regular person.....

thank you for the reply. the absolute main reason i do not wear heels is i'm in the military. So weither i'm married or not or been to the desert to protect everyone's freedoms. it doesn't matter. perception (he's gay kick him out) reality i'm not but it doesn't matter. that is the reason i don't want to put my wife throught that. If it were accepted to wear what you want i'd be all over it; but i can't because we are a shoot first ask later group. my only choice would be to just wear them at home. until i retire.