Heels For The First Time Out In Public

I look back on the heels I have that I have worn in public/work that have helped me work up to the confidence to wear 4 inch heels everyday. So I thought I would post shoes that I see out that based on my experience are shoes that will not be noticed. Disclaimer, no guaranties. I also recomend pants that touch the floor to cover heels, preferably not boot cut. I have been wearing womans jeans, from walmart of all places. I love fit and. I find the opening at the shoe is not as big as mens jeans, did I say I love the fit. Anyway, I saw these at sears. The heel is not too hi, but the toe is extremely male looking, also, with a rubber heel, they will be quiet.

post-2198-0-96267400-1354464966_thumb.jp

post-2198-0-80525600-1354464995_thumb.jp

This is an interesting point especially in this forum - what heels as a beginner i add do you (men and women) think i could begin to wear in public on an everyday basis. i have worn loafers before but they cant exactly be called heels and any heel would have to be discrete too - is there a difference in opinion between male an female readers?

This is an interesting point especially in this forum - what heels as a beginner i add do you (men and women) think i could begin to wear in public on an everyday basis. i have worn loafers before but they cant exactly be called heels and any heel would have to be discrete too - is there a difference in opinion between male an female readers?

peterw,

I started out with 3 inch heeled loafers from Lane Bryant. They have a chunky heel and are rubber soled so they are quiet when you walk. I also wore longer jeans with a flare to cover the shoes. If you want the heel and stealth there are a couple of places online you can get them. Tall mens shoes makes height increasing shoes and skechers now has a 3+ line of hidden wedges(up to size 11 womens). Good luck on your first outing and remember 20 seconds of courage...

Nikki

A lot has to do with confidence. As you start out with a low heel, you begin to feel more comfortable as you realize people really don't notice. A good beginner shoe starts with the shape of the toe. Obviously if you wear a shoe with a really long pointed toe, like a pump, people will know that is a womans shoe. What you want is something that IF they look at it, at tghe most, they may take a second look but that's it. Like the first pair below. The next thing is heel noise. You need a heel that is quiet or makes a lower pitched Sound. You want a solid thick sounding heel, not I hi pitched click. The idea is to not draw attention with sound. I buy thick heeled shoes, remove the sole on the heel, fill it with silicone or caulk, then epoxy over the silicone level with the heel and either buy rubber soles or have new heel soles put on. Ask for rubber. Next is the heel. A thick heel is best. If someone sees part of athick heel under your pants, they won't think anything of it. Ifthey see a spike heel, its all over. Next is the pants. Don't buy boot cut or any pant that will not fit over the shoe, like skinny jeans. But, the tighter around the shoe the better. This allows more of the toe to sti ck out past the pants. Now, out in public. Crowds are best. Too much going on for anyone, but me, to notice feet. Avoid kids. There short and close to foot level and not much gets past them, plus they are likely to yell something out, not to be mean. Your walk is important. Try to walk normal and with confidence. I have to limit my heel height due to a bad left Ankle. When they get very hi, I kinda walk with a limp. Don't walk like woman. Anyway, I started this to help those that want to start wearing heels and give me a place to Post pics of what's out there to buy. I saw these boots at JC PENNY. Rubber heel and a decent looking boot. I may have to do a thread showing the shoes I wore to work up to daily 4inch heels.

post-2198-0-56749800-1355409723_thumb.jp

post-2198-0-05501100-1355409942_thumb.jp

post-2198-0-23252200-1355410408_thumb.jp

After reading the post on this thread, I am asking myself as well as others here,"Why do we want to publicly wear high heels (even blocks), if we feel the need to make our look seem like we aren't?" The standard answer is because we have all been brainwashed into thinking men can't wear them and still be considered men. How twisted is this attitude? Using the same logic, there are fewer women today, because they wear pants/trousers/jeans/slacks, tattoos, steel toed work boots, plaid flannel shirts, and other items formerly identified as the manly look. Women are even known to run businesses and head households. Weren't these known at one time as only men's concerns? Obviously, women aren't diminishing in number that this logic would have us believe, because women are doing the manly thing and standing up for all their rights as human beings. Its all in the way we look at it. We, as males, say we want to wear high heels, but we have nothing from the men's department to choose from. On the other hand, women have innumerable choices. So any high heels men choose to wear will be considered feminine under the present attitude. You can try to hide them all you want, but once others suspect that you are wearing high heels, your efforts to hide them become time spent in futility. Wouldn't it work better for each male person to wear the heels they find pleasing to their taste and break the social bands that are usurping their right to choose for themselves? Isn't it our goal to be free to choose according to what seems to suit our fancy, like women are actively achieving.

I've worn heels in public a few times. I have 3 pairs. I have a pair of pumps that are 5.25 inchs. wearing those out is a bit rough. I also have 5 inch stilettos and 4.5 inch slingbacks. I love heels. I've lately taken a liking to heeled boots. I try them on and wear them all through the store. Last week I had a pair of heeled boots on and walked all through target, literally. It was awesome.l

After reading the post on this thread, I am asking myself as well as others here,"Why do we want to publicly wear high heels (even blocks), if we feel the need to make our look seem like we aren't?" The standard answer is because we have all been brainwashed into thinking men can't wear them and still be considered men. How twisted is this attitude? Using the same logic, there are fewer women today, because they wear pants/trousers/jeans/slacks, tattoos, steel toed work boots, plaid flannel shirts, and other items formerly identified as the manly look. Women are even known to run businesses and head households. Weren't these known at one time as only men's concerns? Obviously, women aren't diminishing in number that this logic would have us believe, because women are doing the manly thing and standing up for all their rights as human beings.

Its all in the way we look at it. We, as males, say we want to wear high heels, but we have nothing from the men's department to choose from. On the other hand, women have innumerable choices. So any high heels men choose to wear will be considered feminine under the present attitude. You can try to hide them all you want, but once others suspect that you are wearing high heels, your efforts to hide them become time spent in futility. Wouldn't it work better for each male person to wear the heels they find pleasing to their taste and break the social bands that are usurping their right to choose for themselves? Isn't it our goal to be free to choose according to what seems to suit our fancy, like women are actively achieving.

Well said! I totally agree with you. It would work better for each male person to wear the heels they find pleasing to their taste and break the social bands that are usurping their right to choose for themselves!! I am trying hard to work up to this point myself with the help of all here on HHPlace!

I am asking myself as well as others here,"Why do we want to publicly wear high heels (even blocks), if we feel the need to make our look seem like we aren't?"

The first couple of times I wore heels in public I'll admit I was trying to conceal them, but after consistently feeling disappointed that nobody's even noticing them, that's changed. I don't try to hide them but I don't try to make too outrageous a feature of them either, I just try to blend them with an overall look that I think works and expresses who I am.

I increasingly feel that it's not such a big deal to spend every possible moment wearing heels, and I don't wear them so much at home any more (preferring to look after my feet more for when I do wear them). Wearing them in public brings an added incentive that I might make a positive impression and challenge someone's stereotypes or even inspire someone who's afraid to wear heels that it is possible. That can't really happen hiding them.

If you like it, wear it.

The first couple of times I wore heels in public I'll admit I was trying to conceal them, but after consistently feeling disappointed that nobody's even noticing them, that's changed. I don't try to hide them but I don't try to make too outrageous a feature of them either, I just try to blend them with an overall look that I think works and expresses who I am.

I increasingly feel that it's not such a big deal to spend every possible moment wearing heels, and I don't wear them so much at home any more (preferring to look after my feet more for when I do wear them). Wearing them in public brings an added incentive that I might make a positive impression and challenge someone's stereotypes or even inspire someone who's afraid to wear heels that it is possible. That can't really happen hiding them.

Have to totally agree with you also!!

When I first wore heels in public, I never tried to hide them with a pant with extended cuffs. What was the first? A 4 inch blade heel (similar) ankle boot for all to see. Many of my shoes may seem flamboyant to some here, but that just makes them more fun to coordinate with the outfit.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Its getting OT. This is not about acceptance, its about helping those out there that aren't quite ready to walk out of the house in heels. If you want to be accepted, start a TV show where men live as men in heels, like me. As far as hiding heels, who wants to be laughed at in public. I have been much more open in public, to the point of trying to be noticed, under certain conditons, and people don't notice. Right now I am sitting on hi chair, pants are well above my heel, the secretary walk by twice and never looked down.....now I am OT. Did some browesing on pipline, found lots of boots for the first timer. Problem is the I looked the higher the heel istarted looking at. When I first started, I started with about a 1inch heel, but that was to work. Out in public I was going higher. I understand sketchers is coming out with a hi heeled sneeker. Victorias secret had some a long time ago. It did not hit me at the time the Advantage they would be wearing in public. By the time I figured it out, they were gone I understand sketchers is coming out with a hi heeled sneeker. Victorias secret had some a long time ago. It did not hit me at the time the Advantage they would be wearing in public. By the time I figured it out, they were gone

ATTENTION!!! here is a fabulous pair of boots for the first timer. i have a pair of these myself and if i did not just spend $250 on new shoes, i would buy them. the heel is very quiet, the toe does not look fem at all, in fact, they really could pass for a mans boot. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LUCKY-BRAND-BLACK-LEATHER-BOOT-BIKER-STYLE-DILLARDS-9-1-2M-BOOTIE-RING-STRAP-/121041485187?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

For those looking at the skecher's plus 3 sneakers but in wide width or a slightly larger size, Lane Bryant has 2 styles they just released.

The first is a Steve Madden lool-a-like

http://www.lanebryant.com/wedge-high-top-sneakers/p166752/index.pro?selectedColor=Fresh%20Khaki&selectedSize=None%20selected

The second is kinda odd

http://www.lanebryant.com/color-pop-hidden-wedge-sneakers/p166785/index.pro?selectedColor=Fresh%20Khaki

Just bought me a pair of the Madden wanna-be's

Nikki

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few others I have seen for sale.

I like the look of No. 3 (the brown ones with the buckles). They've got a nice silhouette, not too clunky, and definitely just a touch feminine, without being over-the-top. The heel height is certainly not going to cause a newbie any trouble with his walk. Good choice, I think!

I'm still searching for hidden wedge heel sneakers in US Women's 12 wide/ Men's 11. I almost bought the Lane Bryant ones, but that corel color kinda defeats the idea of going subtle. Anyway while snooping around the LB website I came across these boots, which would also be a good starter heel. I have some similar cowboy boots I wear all the time with no negative reaction or comment.

http://outlet.lanebr...electedSize=12W

I got mine on the way, and there's still a few available in 12 Wide. They had a promotional code for 50% off up, but I don't see it now. I paid $20

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got these. These are a FABULOUS boot for wearing out. From my experience With other heels, no one would even look or think twice. This is a boot that can really Give you confidence. If you walk and act like there is nothing unusual on your feet, then That is what people will think. I have been as carefree as anyone could be with my Brown luck brand boots on and no one has noticed. I am actually a bit disappointed.

post-2198-0-54952400-1360598893_thumb.jp