"I'd like to see you try to walk in heel's!"

ImInHeels

So the other night my mum came around to my apartment, I live about a 10 minute walk away (the only place I could afford on the island). Anyway she came around for some help with her business plan, and other stuff. Her partner doesn't like her walking home alone in the evening, so as I was walking her home, I commented that she was walking really slowly! She complained that she was wearing 5" heels (I thought they were more like 4.5") anyway, she was also really unstable on her feet. She said "I'd like to see you try and walk in a pair of 5" heels, that would be funny!" If only she knew that I often walked around in 4.5" heels around there!

She said "I'd like to see you try and walk in a pair of 5" heels, that would be funny!"

If only she knew that I often walked around in 4.5" heels around there!

You should have said "Yes I would like to try and see if it is really hard to walk in heels"

Do you intend to tell your mother about your heel wearing ?

I thought about it a few times, but have to plans to tell her at the moment.

I had panic moment when she knocked at the door, I though Crap, I forgot to check to see if I left any heels out anyway!

If you don't feel like it then it is better not to tell her (yet) ...

If she find a pair of heels in your appartment, just tell her it

is your girlfriend who forgot them here last night... :wave: (oops!)

Or just tell her the truth? She is your mom. She really cares about you and wants the best for you. When she understands how you feel about heels, she could become a mentor, a shoulder, and an ally. It's your decision, not anyone elses.

Before you take your mom's high heel, put them on, and walk around in front of her, do respect her feelings. I did that when I was a teenager. She was not amused and let me know it.Even during the disco era, she never really liked seeing me in men's platform high heels. You know your mother. Be careful what you do.

It all depends on how open your mother is. You know her better than any of us in this forum do. Maybe throw out the suggestion that you'd like to try. But whatever is comfortable for you to do, go for it.

Black patent, open toed high heels are the best!

• 2 months later...

I ended up telling my whole family a few months ago and all were ok with it. I even went out for coffee with my mum and sister while wearing my boots over skinny jeans and still no problems. Hell my mum even commented on how good I looked. The only one that it does seem to bother is my partner, which is a bit sad.

Mom's are pretty keen... Mom's know stuff that you probably don't think your mom knows... They're "funny" that way... I'd say with about 95% certainty that even though she's not seen me wearing them, my mom knows that I wear heels higher than the 3" heeled boots in my avatar, which I frequently wear out to dinner in the company of both my parents...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

Well it was an oppertunity to get your heel wearing out. I would like my wife to ask me something like that one dasy then i will most certainly take her up on that. Cheers

That's kinda how I discovered high heels.

For years I bought all kinds of evening items / attire for my wife, but she rarely ever wore them. She has a couple pairs of heels, but she hasn't worn them in many years.

I joked with her one night that maybe she might consider putting on some thigh highs and heels as I thought she would look good in them.

She came back with a snappy answer something like "If you like that stuff so much, why don't you wear it."

Needless to say, the stockings and bikinis/thongs are mine now. I have my own heels of which she has seen only a few pairs so far.

I'm the one who greets her at the door after work. She thinks it's kinda weird, but shortly thereafter - - well - - she's not upset anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up telling my whole family a few months ago and all were ok with it. I even went out for coffee with my mum and sister while wearing my boots over skinny jeans and still no problems. Hell my mum even commented on how good I looked. The only one that it does seem to bother is my partner, which is a bit sad.

You are very fortunate that your family are so understanding of your passion for heels.

I could never tell my family or my friends,I would be disowned straightaway & yet I would love to share my passion with someone.

Thanks goodness for this site!

confused45

It's the sort of thing girls say to men all the time out of innocence, not really meaning it. As it's your mum I am sure it was just a passing comment to make you realise she was struggling and could do without an negative comments. She is your mum though and generally our children can do nothing wrong in our eyes, if anyone is going to understand it will be mum. Tell her, you will be glad you did I am sure. :)

That's kinda how I discovered high heels.

For years I bought all kinds of evening items / attire for my wife, but she rarely ever wore them. She has a couple pairs of heels, but she hasn't worn them in many years.

I joked with her one night that maybe she might consider putting on some thigh highs and heels as I thought she would look good in them.

She came back with a snappy answer something like "If you like that stuff so much, why don't you wear it."

Needless to say, the stockings and bikinis/thongs are mine now. I have my own heels of which she has seen only a few pairs so far.

I'm the one who greets her at the door after work. She thinks it's kinda weird, but shortly thereafter - - well - - she's not upset anymore.

Ah, that sounds quite similar to me and my wife, even though she does actually like heels, she only occasionally wears them nowadays. I would of course be happier if she did wear heels more often, but can't complain; she's a stunner anyway, and due to foot-lower leg injurys she not really physically comfortable with heels.

She knows I'm quite fond of heels, and I did try on some heels & skirts, years ago, but I haven't really outed myself this time. Your "solution" sounds fine & fun, me being able to provoke her and eventually ending up as a "winner" anyway :)

• 2 weeks later...

One of the tellers at my bank said "I'd like to see you try to walk in heels" to me, I don't remember how the two of us got on the subject,BUT... two days later I went to make a deposit wearing my 5" heeled MJs, her jaw dropped, she said "I can't walk in heels that high but I sure like them on you. I wish my hubby would try" Now I regularly go to the bank in heels As well as most family get togethers,shopping,resturants,groce... Have a ball with it... Thrill

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

You are very fortunate that your family are so understanding of your passion for heels.

I could never tell my family or my friends,I would be disowned straightaway & yet I would love to share my passion with someone.

Thanks goodness for this site!

confused45

I'm in the same boat as you confused...it sucks :(

I agree with you about this site...it has been a God-send that I stumbled accross this site. This wonderful community has allowed me to share my passion for heels with others who don't judge; a community that supports my passion, as well as their own, for the amazing things we call high heels.:lmao:

Cheers to everyone here for their support :):lmao:

Bootmebaby. Do you wear high heels anything close to the height of the heels on the boots in your avatar? Which I Love. Where do you go to wear the high heels you do have? Just asking becouse you said, If anyone in your life knew of your interest in high heels you would be disowned. Mike.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i agree, u know ur mom more then we all ever will, so u know better how tolerant is she ^^ my grandma and dad is very tolerant as i find-out, was hiding my heals from my dad for years, but my grandma knew it like rly long(well she rly wasnt liked it @ all, but that's another story) 2 weeks ago i 1st time showed to dad in heals, for 1st time he even wasn't noticed, but 2nd time he noticed and just asked "what are those shoes witch ya walking" well i wasnt wanted to say nothing more, but my grandma in back, "its woman" my dad looked again over me and said "cant be woman, woman don't got such a big foot" and in few moments he said "its fine, they look good", then he wanted to know when i bought them, i said "@ summer". so check out ur mothers reaction if she's open minded, i know the feeling when ya walking heals with ur friends, going street-heeling for 1st times and never show ur parents what you wearing, and not rly good feel about it, better show up and throw the rock away from your heart. Cheers Good luck!

every human has they own choices...