Norwegian artist Maria Haukaas Storeng in orange heels

This is a clip from Norways largest newspaper, which features Maria Haukaas Storeng who gets interviewed about the heels she is wearing. The clip is in Norwegian but I have provided an English translation.

The clip from VG TV: http://atvs.vg.no/player/?id=17305

English Translation:

00:06 Reporter: Maria, this was a song the audience knew well!

00:09 Maria: YES. I love it when the audience know the lyrics and sing along

00:21 Reporter: You look very nice today and I have to ask you about your shoes. How are you able to keep your balance?

00:26 Maria: That’s no problem. I’ve been practicing

00:29 Reporter: How tall are they? (Almost inaudible)

00:30 Maria: I don’t know really. I think they are about 12 cm (4, 3/4 inches)

00:38 Reporter: But you are steady as a rock?

00:40 Maria: Sure

00:41 Reporter: You received a lot of practice on the slippery stage in Belgrade (Eurovision Song Contest)

00:44 Maria: (Giggles) Well, I’ve been wearing high heels on stage for a long time now, but now I can dance in them as well. So that helps your balance. The trick is to walk on your heels though.

:thumbsup:

More info about Maria can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Haukaas_Storeng

post-1116-133522860432_thumb.jpg

4, 3/4 inches are more about 11 cm; plus a little platform, the heel is not ultra thin - I think they might be so high! it is so difficult to estimate heels height if you do not know the shoesize, how tall the wearer is etc.! I´ve noticed lately as a friend of me tried on my heels and we took some pictures of her: she is appr. 10 cm smaller than me but the same shoe size as me and my shoes look at her much higher than at me - in *real* as well as on pictures!!!! I was a little bit envious :thumbsup: so if maria is tall those shoes might be 12 cm too.

But to wear them onstage and perform a concert, you've got to respect that!

My girlfriend (and millions of other women) often wears higher heels all day, running about at work and scurrying up to London and back.

I have worn much higher heels for close to 24 hours before.

Regards,

Ben

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...