Ballet Boot Video on Youtube

WobbleFan

Well, I'm glad to see even 'pro's' have to walk a bit odd in order to walk in them. They are doing quite well, but reinforces my thought that walking in ballet heels may not be possible as smoothly as in flats or other heels.

(formerly known as "JimC")

I'm no expert ( not like you JimC, i recon. ) The women at the right (wearing white tops) really seems to walk easily... or at least so it looks for me: complete strait legs no ankles moving sideways.... wow!! and the women left of her (all black) just walks quite cute... like she's learning of the other girl, but that's just in my mind i suppose lol. I don't wear any balletheels, but damn i loooove the looks and the restraint idea of it. Especially when such beautiful women seem to walk so beautifully in them. again; thanks for the vid!!!

I'm no expert ( not like you JimC, i recon. )

The women at the right (wearing white tops) really seems to walk easily... or at least so it looks for me: complete strait legs no ankles moving sideways.... wow!!

and the women left of her (all black) just walks quite cute... like she's learning of the other girl, but that's just in my mind i suppose lol.

I don't wear any balletheels, but damn i loooove the looks and the restraint idea of it. Especially when such beautiful women seem to walk so beautifully in them.

again; thanks for the vid!!!

Very nice video!!!

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

and the women left of her (all black) just walks quite cute... like she's learning of the other girl, but that's just in my mind i suppose lol.

You seem to get what my handle is all about :-) To me this is, well, exciting.

The one on the left is walking a bit smoother, but I will say they are both doing alot better then I can in ballet heeled shoes without any ankle support :thumbsup: Even with support I have a couple mis-steps from time to time.

I have never owned or wore a pair of ballet heels. But as I viewed those videos, you really have to walk even more carefully in those than in high heels. I wouldn't even want to imagine falling of of those. They are sexy, but as in those videos, the models were very sleek and stealth. I couldn't picture a very, very large person wearing ballet heels.

The shoes are great, but although Pantera is fantastic in her ability to wear such heels, it's not as exciting as the Ballerinas video. To me that is.

WobbleFan

Those are ballets, just modified with an "useless" toe part.

Roni: Thats one of my fears when wearing ballet heels, paranoid about breaking my ankle. I've never taken a nasty fall thankfully, but I've also taken my time with my progression as its something I've worked on for years now.

... very sleek and stealth. I couldn't picture a very, very large person wearing ballet heels.

I am neither very sleek nor stealth. as to the rest of the sentence- I guess you did not want to see what´s there cuz you have your own perception of it? I am - as woman!- taller than the most even if I wear low heels.

On the other hand I would not ever be or want to look like *sweet petite ballerina* - except if making it a little bit ironic. In fact I do not like that what shown in that clip above to be compared with that what I do. I am not a model and do not do it because somebody else thinks it might be cute/sexy or people would pay for seeing it.

As everything- it´s more about attitude - Those people who want but do not dare to wear (high heels) they like, seem to make problems of issues where there is no problem. just do it! here are a lot of people showing it functions well.

I am neither very sleek nor stealth.

I do not like to contest what you have said, but you are very sleek. I could say many good things about your look, but I believe it all has been said before?

I'm in awe of anyone who can walk in Ballet Heels. There's no failures in my understanding.

I've looked at all the video's in this thread, and several outside. I have to conclude Pata moves with the grace of a race-horse, unlike the other walkers who maybe are skilled but not quite reached 'higher' expert level. :thumbsup:

Let me repeat, the others are good, but Pata is great. Her video's are more stylised too, and have less of a reportage feel to them.

Addressing the weight remarks:

I have my doubts anyone carrying any sort of weight would be able to wear Ballet Heels for any length of time. [i'm happy to be wrong, but one person, or even two here claiming to wear them all day and being over 200lbs, wouldn't make a convincing argument.]

Most if not all the B/H walkers I've seen, or seen video of, have tended to be small framed. Tall or not, but certainly none I've seen carried excess weight for their frame size. "Sleek" is a very good way to describe most of them. Of course there will be exceptions, but this would be a minute percentage over an already small percentage of the population.

Put a 200lb frame on top of an ankle that's not in its natural position, and hold the foot underneath in a stressed (again unnatural) position, in what is basically a foot corset.

Someone with a 110lb/120lb frame (woman) is going to have less pain and likely, more mobility surely?

I am at about 165 lb. :thumbsup: there are also some clips on youtube of a voluptuous lady walking ballets (from france?) - and she is quite good in my opinion! I will post them if I´ll find them. still you are right, I am pretty sure too that ballet heels harm less if one is smaller. still they harm anyway - no matter if walking with or without pain. in that ballerina clip one recognizes it is less about lack of grace but more about pain - did you see what that one girl does at the end? I have talked with alot of people interested in ballet boots and beeing less or more able to walk these. there are some who in fact have pain with every step they make. it does not even matter if they have any classical ballet experience. that´s why I think this is more about luck and coincedence. Also, I do not know if I will be able to walk ballets in some 5 years anymore? I have no reliable information about long term experiences about this.

• 2 weeks later...