Does wearing high heels give you calf muscles?

LailaLily

Here were some answers people gave....u can give ur insight on this too..the more the better!!!:thumbsup:

*my calves have gotton pretty big and i wear heels all the time

*They help work out your calves and your upper thighs and butt.

*Yes, wearing heels as you walk constantly works all of your leg muscles - especially your calves.

*They work your calf muscles... haven't they ever hurt after a night of dancing in high heels!?! I love it!

*not only does it give you larger calves, it thickens your ankle tendons and eventually that thickening is permanent. Suggest that you try to wear a variety of flats and heels to keep your ankles in a normal taper.

*well- yeah, it does as you're carrying all of your weight on your toes. I read today that people wearing heels put more weight on the ground than an elephant, because of the small surface area that a high-heeled shoe has, and the larger distribution of weigh that the elephant has!

*yes it does cause that's the muscle that's strains all day and u work the most

*Seriously, what happened to your calf muscle? You were born without?

Well, high heels will give you a painful calf muscles for first few days; they are not getting any bigger.

*My godmother who is 63 to this day still wears stylish heels sometimes six-inches!!!! And her leg muscles are unbelievably toned. I'm quite jealous. Of course you shouldn't wear them on a regular basis and knowing which heels best works well with you will keep you from causing damage to your legs. So to answer your question I'd say yes.

*You already had your calves kinda big just that you did not paid attention to it. Wearing high heels transformed your calv into real muscle and this is why you see a bigger difference. I think it is cool to wear highheels, it is very feminine, I also wear them , mostly because I am petite but I try to have a variety of heels, flats , thicker ones and change them all the time.

*Yes, it makes you use your callf mussles many times more than flat shoes.

*They have to be great for your calfs!

This is a little funny but I bought a pair of high heeled boots from a girl to go with an outfit that was supposed to be for Halloween. I tried them on when she gave them to me and they were hard to walk in ... really hard. She said I just needed practice so I kept them on for about 15 or 20 minutes while we walked around. The boots felt great and although hard to walk in, they didn't hurt or anything. The next day my thighs were soooo sore! Wow! They must have been a very good workout. I haven't tried them on again yet, when I do I'll see if the same thing happens, I'm guessing yes.

Yeh wearing high heels can really give our legs a work out, your feet and legs were not naturally meant to wear heels so over time you adapt. For me when I started wearing heels from flats it took a year and a half to be able to walk in 4 inch heels for long periods of time.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

how long did it take u to notice a difference? like how people say theyre calves got bigger/toned do slip on heels give u more of a work out..because its kinda easier to walk in shoes with an ankle strap..but every time i war a slip on mule with a high heel...i can feel the burn..so to speak

Actually I have not noticed, other than my GF mentioning that I lost some of my curves in my legs and butt from toning, my calf has not gotten bigger. No one else would notice since I wear pants with my heels. I wear closed toe heels mostly boots when I am out so I have really no comparison to other stiles. However the way the sole is formed makes a difference, a sloe that is from the heel to the ball area like a ramp with no curves is easer to walk in that with the same heel hight where the sole fallow the curvature of the foot and has that bend at the heel area. But it's just takes time to get use to, but they are much more comfortable. It's the major difference in a quality shoe for sure.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

heels make u lose curves????

That what the GF said :thumbsup: But I think is more developing office butt from my last job. I sat down allot assembling stuff. To tell you the truth, I think heels will build up mussels, but it probably depends how much heel wearing you do and how high the heels are, the higher they are the more your body works....... I rarely see women strutting all over the place or wear any thing over 4 inches where I live. So it's kind hard to conclude.

Now, is it the chicken or the egg.... Is it that high heels are giving you toned muscles or is it the toned muscles (and fitness including proper weight) that allow you to wear higher heels?

Now, is it the chicken or the egg....

Is it that high heels are giving you toned muscles or is it the toned muscles (and fitness including proper weight) that allow you to wear higher heels?

I think having toned, fit legs in advance to wearing heels makes the experience easier. The mere physics of heel-wearing will work out pretty much all of the essential muscles, thus making one's legs more toned.

The burn is no different than what you'd feel from doing all leg-based workouts at the gym. Next-day soreness is actually results.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Here were some answers people gave....u can give ur insight on this too..the more the better!!!:thumbsup:

*my calves have gotton pretty big and i wear heels all the time

*They help work out your calves and your upper thighs and butt.

*Yes, wearing heels as you walk constantly works all of your leg muscles - especially your calves.

*They work your calf muscles... haven't they ever hurt after a night of dancing in high heels!?! I love it!

*not only does it give you larger calves, it thickens your ankle tendons and eventually that thickening is permanent. Suggest that you try to wear a variety of flats and heels to keep your ankles in a normal taper.

*well- yeah, it does as you're carrying all of your weight on your toes. I read today that people wearing heels put more weight on the ground than an elephant, because of the small surface area that a high-heeled shoe has, and the larger distribution of weigh that the elephant has!

*yes it does cause that's the muscle that's strains all day and u work the most

*Seriously, what happened to your calf muscle? You were born without?

Well, high heels will give you a painful calf muscles for first few days; they are not getting any bigger.

*My godmother who is 63 to this day still wears stylish heels sometimes six-inches!!!! And her leg muscles are unbelievably toned. I'm quite jealous. Of course you shouldn't wear them on a regular basis and knowing which heels best works well with you will keep you from causing damage to your legs. So to answer your question I'd say yes.

*You already had your calves kinda big just that you did not paid attention to it. Wearing high heels transformed your calv into real muscle and this is why you see a bigger difference. I think it is cool to wear highheels, it is very feminine, I also wear them , mostly because I am petite but I try to have a variety of heels, flats , thicker ones and change them all the time.

*Yes, it makes you use your callf mussles many times more than flat shoes.

*They have to be great for your calfs!

This is a little funny but I bought a pair of high heeled boots from a girl to go with an outfit that was supposed to be for Halloween. I tried them on when she gave them to me and they were hard to walk in ... really hard. She said I just needed practice so I kept them on for about 15 or 20 minutes while we walked around. The boots felt great and although hard to walk in, they didn't hurt or anything. The next day my thighs were soooo sore! Wow! They must have been a very good workout. I haven't tried them on again yet, when I do I'll see if the same thing happens, I'm guessing yes.

Yep, my thighs got a little sore at first. What I really liked was the definition I got in my calves. The 4 inch heels really worked those.

For as long as I've worn high heels, yes my legs and especiallycalves have gotten bigger. I do a lot of stretching exercises to ensure I don't have some of the leg and knee problems associated with wearing high heels. I've had no major foot problems, either.

• 2 years later...