I love ballet flats

nicko68

I don't know why, but they are really attractive to me. I especially like plain colours, like black (not into the busy patterns which are starting to get popular). The other day I was walking downtown and there is a temporary wood wall/roof structure near construction and also near a bus stop. Lots of people hang around here waiting for the bus. That day I saw a couple of women wearing nice black ballet flats. One of them was standing up against the wall, one foot on the ground, the other against the wall... she looked SO sexy. I think she caught me glimpsing at her shoes just a hair too long. I tried to cover, don't know if I was successful. I try not to leer but sometimes it's hard to look away quickly. :thumbsup:

I just look until i'm satisfied or until the person I'm looking acts uncomfortable. You never know who might appreciate the attention. The thing is to be a gentleman about it.

You've contradicted yourself there.

Satisfying your own needs, to the point of making the other "uncomfortable" even, is in no way acting like a gentleman. More like "The guy that gives people the creeps"

If you want to act like a Gentleman, say something nice, pay them a compliment, let them know that their effort was not wasted and has brightened your day, then, unless engaged in further conversation, move on.

As for ballet flats....

I've got socks that protect my feet better than those things would protect a womans feet, they just look pants, and must really suck! There as thin as paper almost, and they show far too much bare skin on the feet, which if on the wrong feet, look terrible! (As is most case's)

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

u guess its because in most cases they are low cut on the sides and toes this showing the same areas of feet as higher stilettos do too. i suppose i notice this as instead of a woman in trainers or something for comfort, the ballet flats still show an arch or toe cleavage quite nicely

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with New Look. I like them and have a few pair. I think I like them because they reveal so much of the foot, particularly at the toes. It appears as if they might come off at any moment. They are just darn cute.

Thank-you Chrissy we don't hear the female point too often and I for one like to hear it.

As to the ballet flats I find their style to be quite nice and wouldn't mind having some I have seen. However, they are rare to find in my size.:thumbsup: I do own a very functional pair of traditional black flats though which I guess is as close as I will get any time soon. Oh Well.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

You've contradicted yourself there.

Satisfying your own needs, to the point of making the other "uncomfortable" even, is in no way acting like a gentleman. More like "The guy that gives people the creeps"

If you want to act like a Gentleman, say something nice, pay them a compliment, let them know that their effort was not wasted and has brightened your day, then, unless engaged in further conversation, move on.

As for ballet flats....

I've got socks that protect my feet better than those things would protect a womans feet, they just look pants, and must really suck! There as thin as paper almost, and they show far too much bare skin on the feet, which if on the wrong feet, look terrible! (As is most case's)

Richie, your point taken. I left some things out for brevity. Some ladies are aware of any attention and will be creeped out even by the slightest glance. When I recognize that I break off. Some are aware of the attention and will acknowledge and/or encourage, in which case I will at least smile and nod. It i s not always convenient to try to start a conversation nor is it smart if I happen to be in the company of my SO. She is aware of my preferences although she does not dress to my preference so there are NO lingering glances when I am with her even though I can't help noticing ladies in attractive footwear and some of them pick up the vibe anyway.

Variety is the spice of life. If we are being honest here, many of the shoes we love are not the most practical (does a pair of six-inch platform sandals protect your feet very well?). If this were the "Most Practical Shoe Place", we wouldn't be discussing our love of high heels. Ballet flats fall into the same category as high heels in that respect. I agree that this is the High Heel place, but someone (or a few of us) also wear something other than high heels. Please do not take that as a denouncement of those who only wear high heels. I mostly wear high heels. So if ballet flats aren't the most practical shoes to wear, who cares. We're here because we love shoes.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this forum, and no opinion is less valid than any other opinion. Some of us also like non-practical ballet flats. If we all liked the same things, we'd all be wearing the same kind of shoes, and wouldn't that be boring?

Variety is the spice of life. If we are being honest here, many of the shoes we love are not the most practical (does a pair of six-inch platform sandals protect your feet very well?). If this were the "Most Practical Shoe Place", we wouldn't be discussing our love of high heels. Ballet flats fall into the same category as high heels in that respect. I agree that this is the High Heel place, but someone (or a few of us) also wear something other than high heels. Please do not take that as a denouncement of those who only wear high heels. I mostly wear high heels. So if ballet flats aren't the most practical shoes to wear, who cares. We're here because we love shoes.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this forum, and no opinion is less valid than any other opinion. Some of us also like non-practical ballet flats. If we all liked the same things, we'd all be wearing the same kind of shoes, and wouldn't that be boring?

I agree with Chrissy85 on much of her post(s) in this thread. Ballet flats come in so many styles, colors, accessories, etc. that I could not imagine a fashion conscience woman not owning at least one pair. In general, they have a very "whimsical" style, but are also graceful and classic like the shoes they are inspired by.

Just the other day while in a Bandolino boutique, I say several cute pair in patent and in many different colors. Further, the ballet flat is inspiring other flats like moccasin designs and pump designs that are very nice. The "variety" of having so many options is great for the fashionable woman and the men who enjoy being in their company.

Style is built from the ground up!

I don't know if any of you have seen some flats on teen girls' feet, nor do I know how to describe them. I'm googling for a picture at the moment, and I'll edit my post when I find it.

Formally "HHDude"

Hi Chris, I really that this look is super sexy on YOU girls an If it were socially accepted, I THINK THAT IT WOULD BE GREAT ON BOTH SEXES, ESPECIALY MATCHING TO SHOW A SERIOUS COMMITMENT AND A WONDERFUL BOND TO ONE ANOTHER as Well as a great look and fashion sense!!!

All the best Nick!!!

So true!!

I love to wear my stiletto boots and shoes but also have a passion for simple ballet shoes. Recently I wore a black suede pair with back fishnet sox and under-skintight skinny jeans. I love that look, felt great walking down the street and even got an admiring glance as I walked past a nice young lady

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

So true!!

I love to wear my stiletto boots and shoes but also have a passion for simple ballet shoes. Recently I wore a black suede pair with back fishnet sox and under-skintight skinny jeans. I love that look, felt great walking down the street and even got an admiring glance as I walked past a nice young lady

Cool!!! Bub, I hope that the ladies will come around to us guys with a bit of a "Softer side".

I also can't stand the fact that the "Girls" get to wear alot of styles of shoes, shorts, capris and even the skirt all of which are very comfortable onEVERYONE!!!:o

Went out today in 3" high boots. Usually I don't put them on until I get to my destination. This time I had them on to make sure they went with my outfit and then walked to the car to drive off. The heels made quite a noise. My neighbour was out gardening and looked up to see, expecting perhaps to see some totty, and he got quite a surprise when it was me, but didn't say anything. Another boundary pushed back??!! :o

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

• 2 weeks later...

i love my ballet flats as well as heels , i have worn a few pairs of mine out to local pub when dressed,would so love to be ablle to wear them at any time(have to agree with other posts here) I love the style with or without the bows on ,low cut at front is better.....little bit of toe cleavage !!...It is about time we could at least wear this style of comfy shoe,look great with jeans as well as skirts,lots of real girls wear them with jeans so why not males as well. It really does bug me that "male" shoes basically all cover most of the foot ,look awfull and are uncomfy,especially when its hot

Since Mickey can't wear heels anymore, she has taken a liking to ballet flats. I just recently bought her a couple of great looking pairs, one in black patent and the other in bright red. She seems happy with them and that is all that counts. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 3 weeks later...

i think ballet flats can look great especially with skinny jeans. I bought myself a pair on ebay in camouflage colours, cut off the bows at the front and now wear them as slippers at home. They´re much lighter and more practical than most men´s summer shoes.