Heel Competitions at the office???

JL

So in January, my wife started a new job... All of her previous jobs were in large companies but this new one is really REALLY small - 5 people. Of the 5 people, there are only 2 women - including my wife. At any of her prior jobs, she would wear heels once in a while - and they would be some chunky block heel at that. Usually rather hideous IMHO. Now, she is wearing 3" and 4" stilettos every single day... Thinking back... when I met the 'other' woman at the office about a week after my wife started the job, I noticed that she was wearing a rather nice pair of 4" heeled boots. I thought nothing of it at the time (other than they were really nice boots). Then I had stopped into the office about a month later and she was wearing a pair of jeans and another pair of 4" stiletto heeled boots... The other day, I put 2+2 together and almost got to 4... Is it possible that my wife is 'competing' for the better shoes?? Is this common???

Men's 13W : Women's 15/16

Nuts!!! I meant to post this in "For Everyone".... Hey Mods - could one of you move this for me??? I'd rather no double-post it. Thanks and sorry.

Men's 13W : Women's 15/16

I'd like to respond before it is moved. I once worked in an office with four other women. Whether they wore high heels on a regular basis or not, if one of them came to work in a new pair of high heels, the following days, it would become high heels on parade...and I loved it!:roll:

Guest Loveshiheels

There's only got 1 girl working in the office where I work but she does wear some nice high heels from time to time. Always. try to look out for if she comes down on to the factory floor

Nuts!!! I meant to post this in "For Everyone"....

Hey Mods - could one of you move this for me??? I'd rather no double-post it.

Thanks and sorry.

done.

Have a happy time!

JL I think you have a point, the company I work for when I started the dress code was very casual then this past fall the company hired a new customer service manager and she always dress's very nice she wears heels every day. Since then the AR manager has gone to wearing her heels everyday and wears dress's and skirts more often, and it is spreading to the other women as well. Porbably 2/3 of our staff are women and now most of the ladies are wearing nicer shoes and the cloths to match more often.

Good management technique: Lead by example. Especially if it involves wearing high heels. (too bad you can't take advantage of her leadership and wear your heels to work, also. :roll:)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Now why does this not surprise me. A new female appearing on the scene especially if she dressses well will almost always cause the others to reflect upon their own look and they usually respond. For us males, this is an excellent situation, but all too often we do not compliment the ladies. Of course they do dress for other women, but if men also compliment on their look, its their bonus. Male compliments will be viewed as genuine, whereas those from females are treated with suspicion. Meow. It usually doesn't last though :roll: unless its a big office.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Maybe she was envy about the attention the other girl was receiving :o Better not to rush to ask her, least wait untill she isnt holding anything heavy or sharp thing. :roll:

"Even when I'm a mess, I put on a vest... with an S on my chest, oh yes.. I'm a Superwoman.. "

Nina, you are a sweetheart. but you scare me sometimes. LOL:lmao:

I agree with you, Ron.

Good advice, Nina, we will keep it in mind. We thoroughly enjoy your comments, including the one's in the "Girls only" section.

Dan

I think it's primarily the conformity of women in the workplace. They don't want to be the odd-ball at work.

And as a high heel lover, both as a wearer and observer, this is definitely a good thing.:roll: