my new purchase, but i need some help.

greybagred

Hi there. It has been a while since i last posted here, so i thought i would share my new purchase with you. usually i wear 4 or 5 inch heels and find that 5inches is the best height for me to walk in convincingly. However, i saw these shoes last week and had to have them because of the colour. they are 6 inch heels, and although they are easy to wear and stand up in while keeping a straight spine, as soon as i walk my knees bend and i lean back. Do any of you have any tips on how to correct this, or is it just a case of practice makes perfect. I love these shoes so much that i am wearing them today while working at home, so if any one has any ideas they would be appreciated.

post-7148-133522856444_thumb.jpg

I find that locking your knees so they don't bend is a good way to practice. Imagine you have no knee joints. As you walk about experiment with bending your knees a little more.

It may also be a good idea to study how catwalk models move and see if you can copy it. Have a look at style.com and watch a few of the videos. Companies like Chloe or Balenciaga always have mega heels so may be a good place to start. It looks like they lock their knees as they put their feet on the floor.

ON a final note. Remember that 6 inch heels are really high and it's very hard to ever get truly used to them. It's fun trying though.

I tried 6” heels a couple of times but I was never able to get my ankle to bend as much as walking in them required. I was able to stand and take very small steps without bending my knee, but I couldn’t manage a normal looking step. :o However, 5½” seems to work fine. I gave up on the 6” pair. Maybe going from a 5’ to a 5½” for a while then on to the 6” would work. :roll:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Those are really pretty shoes and I hope you enjoy and have fun in them. I wear 6" high heels around the house but seldom in public. I just don't walk very fast in them. I can't keep my knees straight either, so I quit trying. I just enjoy wearing them occasionally. My only advice is to keep praticing wearing them until you get as comfortable as possible walking in them and doing whatever you want to do in them. Thank you for sharing the photo.:roll:

Graybagre, it looks like your foot is twisted. Is that because of the way you are standing or is it the heel height that causes your foot to do that? (I like the shoes and especially the color :roll:)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.