Getting Your Feet Wet

amandahls

Hi Megan (and the rest of the gang), Thank you for the compliments. Those pink DM's you mentioned sound cool :wavey: As for Shoe Zone, yes, they do sell quite a few schoolgirl-style shoes (although they look fine on a grown woman as well), but they also have a good range of women's calf and knee-length boots in various colours and vrious heel styles and heights. As for the underwear, avoid lacy bras and panties as they don't feel very good to get soaked in. Cotton/lycra feels lovely, but equally lovely in a different way are the silky satin types, so I would advise on maybe getting a matched set of that type. If you have a Primark near you, they do some really nice bra and panty sets for around just £5. Also, try a padded t-shirt bra. These feel great when soaked, as the padding absorbs a lot of water. Anyway, let me know how you get on with the boots and underwear shopping. I'm sure there will be a few nice relaxing baths to be had in the coming weeks. Look forward to hearing from you soon, Regards, Sharon. xx

http://http://www.shoezone.com/Womens-Boots/Womens-Buckle-Trim-High-Leg-Wedge-Boot-in-Black/18246Hi Sharon (and everyone else),

Your advice about Shoe Zone really paid off. I can't thank you enough. The £50 I found in my account was an annual dividend from one of the markets I sometimes sell at, so I went to Shoe Zone yesterday as you suggested and found just what I'd thought I had in mind. I wonder if I can work out how to show them to you. Something's happened, but I don't know if it's worked. Anyway, they had my size and I got two pairs just like you suggested. I'm really happy. I'm going to wear them tonight with my marroon jersey dress again, and black opaques. I hope I'll look classy and maybe turn a head or two.

Regards, Megan x

Hi all, Okay, I don't think I turned a single head. But then I know them all and they know me. But I did look classy. I still do. because I haven't changed yet. And I feel WONDERFUL. And this with just a pair of black boots. Sharon, you've got to find me some coloured ones. It's too late for a bath tonight, but tomorrow. Regards, Megan

Sharon, such intriguing suggestions! Just splashed some new heels with enough water to drip into the toe box. It's sitting there cold and wet... I am not sure I could soak these pretty ladies much more, but we'll see if I can live up to you and Megan! Megan, I my browser is not following the link correctly. Hopefully you can upload the pictures? I am glad to hear you're excited, it is so nice to get new shoes. I might finally go try on some boots myself tomorrow night... Just popping in for now, but I will be back later tonight :wavey:

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

I had dinner with them on! The water is all dried up, I got the idea from Sharon saying she pours water into her shoes as she's working. I ran the water in the tube enough to splash the toe box all over and some drops splashed in. This is my second pair of closed toe shoes, the rest are all peeptoe :) Well, not counting my black sequined shoes which are now converted into peeptoes, worn out yesterday for the first time. I like that the water dries out, I don't think I would enjoy squelching in heels. I few cold drops is refreshing though, I might wear them for luck on my math quiz tomorrow they add some cool drops at school! That would be very daring for me. I think they will look great with a long, "pencil" skirt in black with thin white pinstripes that shows off my waist perfectly. I wonder if it's fair for me to be so distracting on a quiz day... :wavey:

post-34043-133522973315_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone,

They've told me what I did wrong with the link, so let's have another go. http://www.shoezone.com/Women...in-Black/18246 That looks better.

Sangue, I think you'd be doing the world a favour to be so distracting. We need the doctors of tomorrow to be able to perform in the face of distraction in the real world lol. I think the shoes look fantastic and with the skirt you describe it will be a pretty stern test for them. I know what you mean about being daring. Sharon has gone a long way to converting me to appreciating the physical pleasure, but I'm not, and don't think I ever could be, as bold as her in public, though I do like to feel I've been a bit naughty and no-one knows.

Regards,

Megan x

I was super daring, and I thought how Heidi might like details so here goes:

I walked to one of the study areas and was about to take a drink from the drinking fountain when I realized there was no one around. As though I was about to vandalize/steal something, I looked up and down the hall. Still no one. So I ran the water and put my fingers in the spray, transferring the drops to wear my "toe cleavage" would have shown if I weren't wearing black tights with a grey and white floral pattern up the sides.

The water was cold, like when snow gets in my heels. I was surprised how much fun it was. Sharon, you mention filling your shoes waaay back in this thread while at work and I thought that must be part of your fun--the coolness. Do you ever enjoy the temperature change more than the actual wet feel? Do you like warm or cold temperature change best?

Megan, when you have tried out soaked shoes it sounds like you have gone with cold natural water like a stream or warm baths inside. Which do you prefer? Is the cold more daring and the warmth more relaxing?

These do seem very Megan, if I can really claim to know what that means, lol. A wedge is a nice, stable choice. I see that it is zipped, Sharon will like that for water potential, lol. :wavey:

Hi Sangue, You were very daring. And I love the way you told the story. Suspense and everything lol. I feel more daring outside, because it's public, and I love that feeling, but sometimes I wish it didn't feel so cold. Of course, in the summer the cold is nice, but in winter... I like the wet feeling, but I also love warm wet because of the way it takes longer for you to register that it's wet. I've only done full bath recently, it's always been just feet before. I imagine it would feel very daring when my daughter was back home, for fear she might find me. Up to now warm wet feels almost like a grown up pleasure, but the daring of outside in public makes me feel like a little girl again. Did your maths quiz go okay, and were you distracting? Megan x

Hi everyone, I had a really nice night out tonight with some friends. We went to a pub where a band was playing. They were okay, did Blondie numbers and other 70s/80s stuff. The singer sounded like she'd have been happier singing Beyonce though, and the saxist wasn't a patch on my daughter. But it was fun, and we danced to some ska songs, and I danced in my new boots! I'm afraid I was dressed like the old hippy I am at heart. I wore an indian cotton dress with a geomtric print that came just below the knee and a big silk scarf, with my suede fringed jacket. We were all middle aged, so it looked about right. I think the boots worked with the longish skirt. We went back to one of my friends' houses for a bit, and then her son very kindly saw me safely home. I don't think his mum gave him much choice. I had to ask him to slow down a couple of times, but he was very sweet. He even tried to look disappointed that he had somewhere to go and couldn't come in for the coffee I offered him. I was just being mischievous. I've known him since he started school with my son. The poor boy doubtless knew I was joking and just didn't find it that funny. Oh dear, how embarrassing. Anyway I managed a whole night standing in what counts as heels for me, and I walked home half a mile, so I'm feeling proud of myself

Hi all, In alone tonight, was feeling sad, so obviously called for a bath. Sharon, it was hard to wet NEW boots, but I thought of you and knew that water does no harm. I wore them with 140 denier black opaques and the indian dress I wore last night. I wasn't brave enough to wear my suede jacket. But I made the bath as hot as I could stand it, and stayed in for ages. I see what you mean about zips. I wish I could succesfully describe the feeling of very hot and yet wet seeping in. Perhaps you know it I thought of something you said way back about show jumpers, and I lifted my legs to let the water run out of my boots. It feels wonderful as the water pours UP your legs. Megan x

Hi gang, Megan, I'm glad you were pleased with the advice I gave you, and glad you found what you wanted in Shoe Zone :wavey: Also glad to hear you managed to buy two pairs the same. Nice to hear that you had a bath in them with a nice pair of thick opaques. It must have felt lovely. I love doing it with new boots on. I remember last summer jumping in my pool wearing a brand new pair of expensive trainers that were less than a day old and, two days later, jumping in again wearing a pair of black leather knee boots that cost me 95 Euros. Swimming in them felt so naughty, yet so much fun, as the boots weren't even a week old! I'm glad you like the feeling of the water running back out of your boots and 'up' your tights. Now you've done it in hot, I would recommend trying it with cold. Best thing would be to deep fill a large bucket anf put your feet in with your boots on, and a pair of 300 denier opaques. It feels a lot diferent to doing it in a hot bath, but I'm sure you'll enjoy the feeling. Sangue, with regards to your questions, I'd say I enjoy the feeling of getting my boots/shoes and socks/tights wet as much as I enjoy the temperature change, be it either hot or cold. Regarding your second question, usually I prefer the feel of cool or cold water rushing in, as when I've had boots or trainers on all day with thick tights, and sometimes socks over them, my feet get very hot, so the feeling of the cold water going in is extremely refreshing. Anyway, sorry I haven't replied faster, but I've had a busy weekend, and I've only just had the chance to sit down and catch up on here. As always, I look forward to hearing from you again soon. Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon (and everyone), Hope your busy weekend has been enjoyable busy and not tiresome busy. Thank you for your reference to summer. It was like a breath of fresh air to me. I enjoy winter when it first comes. I like to imagine myself as a snow queen. No, queen is not my persona, but Snow Important and Respected Wise Woman of the Village doesn't have the right ring. But I can find nothing to like about February. Nothing's got any colour and there's grit everywhere from where the snow's melted. And one of the markets I use is closed for the month. As he says in American Pie, 'February made me shiver, With every paper I'd deliver, Bad news on the doorstep...' The next day I look forward to is May Day, and that's more than two months off. I'd settle for more day than night at the moment, though Perhaps I should get my brightest clothes out and see what colours I can clash, look like a flower garden that's had mixed packets of seeds thrown randomly over it. But I've got an important thing to go to in the morning, where I need to be taken seriously, so I think I'd better be a bit more staid.. I will try with cold water, but at the moment I think I might be waiting a few months, or at least weeks. Any wetting suggestions that might help a girl put a bit of summer in her winter? Oh dear, reading back through, this has been a bit glum, hasn't it? Sorry. Must do better. Regards, Megan x

Hi Megan, With regards to brightening up such a dull month, there is one easy way. Simply keep the house warm with your central heating and plan several different baths. You can then wear as many summery outfits as you like, and keep warm in the process. Also, maybe surround the bath with flower-scented candles ie rose, jasmine, passionflower etc. Anyway, let me know what you think, and hope to hear from you again soon. Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon, The flower scented candles is a good idea. I was given some candles at Christmas, but I think they're all spicy scents. I'll have to go looking tomorrow. The lack of central heating puts a crimp on one part of the idea, but I can make the bathroom warm, wear summery clothes and lie back and dream. I've never thought of getting them out at this time of year. Is that how you do it, or maybe it doesn't bother you so much. Actually, the sun shone all day today and I was out in it a fair bit, so my disposition is much better today. The man next door's daffodils are showing their green shoots today, so soon there'll be something bright to look at. Regards, Meganxx

How dismal that the winter is wearing you two down, I am glad you have ways to brighten it! As for me, I soaked a pair of white sheer pantyhose so that it was like a second skin and my red toe nail polish peeked through very Jane-ishly--where is that Jane anyways? I paired this with the white eyelet skirt I wore with my copper-gold metal plate Victoria's Secret heels and the white sandal heels with that diamond-knot look DeBeers made so popular. I was walking out past the student housing and stepped deep into what turned out to be very melted snow. It was so soft but a very sudden temperature change, I wonder if this is what it will feel like for Megan when she tries out the bucket of water? It is never this warm in Minnesota this time of year, it is incredibly eerie. Hmm. Well tomorrow I have a Math exam and yes, Megan, last time I was very deliciously distracting so I will have to try for it again... I am thinking of my Roulette Carlos Santana heels in multicolor plus my matching dress to go with your spring cheer-up theme, Sharon, and your love of colors, Megan. I will be thinking of you both, and our dear Heidi in whatever corner of the world she is gracing, for luck. :wavey: xoxo

Hi Sangue and Sharon (and everyone), Sangue, with a lovely bright outfit like that I think it must be you who's turning the Minnesota winter to spring lol. Actually, the thing that really brings the sun to a grey February day is finding a post from you or Sharon. I flipped over from some work I'm doing and it put a smile on my face. Good luck with the Maths test. Oh, I know the snow feeling. I'm less keen on going out in the snow these days (fortunately we don't get it for long) because I'm beginning to get a bit afraid of falling over. But an 'accidental' step into a stream can be quite an icy shock. Running water seems to be colder than standing water, even more so than tap water. Sharon, I got some rose scented candles today, but I''l be out tonight, so I'm going to try your idea tomorrow. I've a green dress with a big daisy print on it in yellow and white which I haven't worn for months. I'm thinking I might pair that with a pair of bright yellow opaques and my favourite green shoes. I'm going to find some music that reminds me of the summer. We're forecast a grey wet day tomorrow, so it should be a good test for it. Regards, Meganxx

Hi Sharon, I did the bath as you suggested yesterday evening. I wore just what I said in the last post, but I gave the music a miss as I thought it would be superfluous, and I couldn't think of any that was especially summer rather than particular summer events. But that's for another conversation, or more likely never. Anyway, I heated the bathroom up well, and I made myself a long G&T and I lay there and dreamed. I'm not sure it felt like summer, but it was lovely and relaxing. I suppose part of the fun of summer is that you have to wait for it, and I should learn to like February for what it has to offer, if I could just work out what that is. After all, the supermarket is full of strawberries, but you won't catch me buying any till June. And then I'll have my own anyway. Anyway, the old chap next door has snowdrops and crocuses today, and he showed me a big old toad he's got living amongst them, so things are coming back awake. Perhaps I should have kissed it - you never know what might happen lol. Hope to hear from you soon, Regards, Megan x

Hi Sangue Did you like to have your toes wet, even snowily. I bet they looked beautiful. I never do my toes, because no-one ever sees them, but perhaps I should do them for me and keep them secret. I love the adjective Janeish. Yes, like you, I miss her, as I do Heidi

Hi Megan (and the rest of the gang), Glad to hear you obtained some rose-scented candles :wavey: and the outfit you wore in the bath sounds nice. Were the feet of your tights OK wearing them in a warm bath with those green shoes on, as I would have thought the shoes would have run dye? Yellow opaques, did they look good on you? As it's the only colour of tights that I don't possess, probably because every time I try and picture what they would look like on me, I just get visions of two long bananas LOL! Anyway, sorry this post is rather short, but hope you had a good weekend and look foward to hearing from you again soon. Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon (and all), Yes, you're right, it was the first thing I thought when I got in, but by then it was too late. There was no staining, I guess because I didn't walk in them, so no friction. I'd never thought of bananas, but then I've got less leg than you, and typically only the bottom half is on show. I like bright colours. I'd love to wear bright statement shoes, but not so easy with my size and budget. That's why I love my green shoes so much. I have lots of coloured tights, from dark green and right round the colour wheel through red and pink to blue. My tights drawer is like a rainbow trying to explode. I ought to fold them neatly, but of course I just stuff them in like any normal girl. Actually, now I think of it, I wish it was spring loaded, so every morning I'd get a rainbow shower. I could dress according to the pair I managed to catch. Do you wear colours? I'm guessing you have a lot of pink, from your avatar. My daughter likes pink, though mostly pale pink tops in the summer with denim minis or shorts or jeans. Not my thing, but she does look lovely. I'm biased though. Regards, Megan xx

Hi Megan, Regarding your question about colours, yes, like you I too own tights in pretty much every colour bar yellow. For work, my favourite colours are navy blue, bottle green, chocolate brown, dark grey and of course classic black. However, I do also have my array of colours, with everything from bold pillar-box red to royal blues and deep purples. Then I have my pastel colours that I usually wear with pale denim shorts or a pale denim mini. These colours include strawberry bonbon-pink, pastel baby-blue etc. I have such a large quantity and range of tights as I always wear them. I honestly can't remember the last time I didn't have tights on, other than to get changed or shave my legs. Lastly, you mentioned that you just stuff all yours in a drawer. I however am what you might call a perfectionist, and like everything 'just so'. Therefore all my tights are either neatly folded or rolled up, all in colour order, and in two drawers of my chest of drawers. The top drawer is for all my thick, dark-coloured opaques (100 denier minimum), and the second drawer houses all my bold colours on the left side, and all my pastels on the right. I like to be very organised and tidy: this helps, as everything has its own place, so I always know exactly where things are going to be. Anyway, must get on. Look forward to hearing from you again soon. Regards, Sharon. xx

Hi Sharon, I wish I could be organised like you, but I'm afraid I spend too much time with my head in the clouds. I never realised until she went away to university just how much my daughter kept me in line. For example, for years I've believed that I put my keys in the special place near the door when I come in. Turns out that what I actually do is put them on the nearest available surface and then put a pile of paper on top of them lol. I need to be careful not to let my life descend into chaos. Pillar-box red sounds very brave. I don't think red suits me. Probably the nearest I get is maroon, though I would love to have the right pair of red shoes. I also feel I don't get on with pastel shades. I think most of my colours are what's described as 'dark summer'. Have you ever heard anything that sounds grimmer lol. But in the summer I like to wear bright primary colours. Like you I wear tights all the time. I feel undressed without them. I don't understand people who complain they get too hot. Seventy or so years ago it would have been unthinkable to go out without stockings at any time of year. Hope to hear from you again soon. Regards, Megan x

Hello everyone Sorry sorry sorry. I will be back, promise. Absolutely crazy mad at work AGAIN! Working loads at the mo, including weekends. Will catch up with everyone as soon as possible. Hope everyone is well and miss you all. Jane X

Hi Jane!! Well, I am certainly glad you are still here, I'm sure you will catch up in good time:) I like the thought that you're just outside of the conversation, glancing over a pile of work to chime in here and there. Megan and Sharon, I love your descriptions of the different ways you keep your tights. I particularly enjoyed the image of catching a pair of tights and thereby choosing the pair of the day. My own drawer starts out very neatly, but with tights, vintage stockings, fishnet hose, garters/suspenders, and a myriad of other things this quickly evolves into a jack -in-the-box set up crossed with a treasure hunt! Once again I am down to very few pairs of my beloved sheers and I again working on adding new opaques. I have three: grey, brown, and a black stocking pair that laces up the back. I feel like a nudist with all this talk of covered legs, haha! I may soon have a new job, if my interview today went as well as it seemed to, so I will likely stay with my tame colors. Pilar-box red (I had to look this one up!) sounds deliciously bold though! Should I ever happen upon a pair like this I will ignore the price tag and scoop it up!

Hi Jane, How lovely to see you back, if only to touch base. You'll have noticed from Sangue's recent post that you've not been forgotten. I hope amongst all your busy time you've managed to find time for some toe wetting adventures. I think everyone seems to busy, except me, which I suppose must be a good sign. I'm desperately trying to drum something up for me, though I enjoy having the time too. Hope to hear from you again really soon. Regards, Megan x

Hi Sangue, I managed to miss your post while I've been pottering around before replying to Jane. I hope it goes well with the new job. I've got all my fingers crossed for you. I'd cross my toes too, for extra luck, but they're too small lol. I love those ones that lace up, though I don't think they're very me. But I think they look lovely. I always think the trick with red is to just show a little of it amongst more conservative colours, at least at work. Depending on the job, a small show of red can be a very powerful statement. It does no harm to let them know you're there. Looking forward to hearing from you again soon. Regards, Megan x

Hi gang, Firstly I'd like to welcome back Jane, it sure has been a long while hun. Megan, yeah, I'm lucky. I think I was kind of born organised. Pillar-box red is a bold colour, but I carry it very well. It also goes great with black. For example, a few weeks ago when I went out on the Saturday, I wore black leather knee-length boots with a 3" block heel, my bright red 70 denier opaques, a short black pencil skirt, a tight fitted red scoop-necked top and my black cropped-length velvet jacket. I got a lot of positive comments about that outfit :wavey: The following weekend I decided to reverse it, and wore my red leather knee boots with similar heel, black 140 denier opaques, my red pleated mini, a black version of the red scoop-necked top and my red zip-through top zipped only halfway so as to expose the black top under it. Again, I received a lot of positive comments regarding the whole outfit. Anyway, let me know what you think, and as always, look forward to hearing from you again soon. Regards, Sharon. PS Sangue, good luck following your job interview, I hope you get the position you applied for.

Hi Sharon, The outfits sound stunning. I love that you had the idea to reverse it the next weekend. It would never have occurred to me. I'm just planning what to wear tonight when I go up to the quiz, and I can't for the life of me remember what I wore last week. I think I'm going to wear my knee length wedge boots with black opaques. I found a denim skirt my daughter has left behind. It's just below mid thigh on me, which is a little shorter than I normally go, but I want to try the boots with a shorter skirt. Not sure what to wear on top though, as I don't wear much denim. I'll let you knowwhat I decided on. Regards, Megan x