Heel Facts

LailaLily

I dont like looks of those pumps at all. heel tips are so hideous omg.

ankle straps doesn't add safety, i can see it in other way around, think about when your heel sinks in to something, like crating, soft gravel, lawn. >.<

But i agree with some things mentioned on that page.

Easy tip for making your shoes more comfortable. is to buy those gel-pad inserts and you will impressed and think about how could you ever manage without them for so long.

"Even when I'm a mess, I put on a vest... with an S on my chest, oh yes.. I'm a Superwoman.. "

i think its bull how they said 6 inch heels can cause u to permenately injure ur ankle.....anything can permenately injure ur ankle...skateboarding,ice skating, falling, gymnastics, etc. u can also fall in shoes that are lower than 6 inches...i recall all my falls when i was wearing non heels.

I agree with Ninanoora that the shoes are designed a bit hideously. The heels are so straight up the back, they are not pleasing to look at. Yes LailaLily, injuries can happen. If the shoes don't fit well and you're not use to wearing that height, the likelihood of an injury is greater, but not necessarily imminent. We take a risk of getting hurt or seriously injured every day, but to live in fear of what might happen is worst than the actual damage that could be possible. We can keep a defensive and/or offensive mind to live a better life. Keep heeling and have fun!

Liked the link. Some useful info that I'll have to read fully when I have some time. Think I'd like to keep a copy of the reference images too.

I'm interested in finding some 'bar end' protectors for my heels. Not only to protect them, but to allow me to walk around quietly. Noise is the biggest "tell" to me wearing heels. Glad this is not a new idea. Might help me acquire some if they are already made for the purpose.

I agree the shoes shown don't look attractive in the regular sense, but then, nor does a Porsche.... Those shoes look they might allow someone (me?) to walk some distance in 'stupid' height shoes. ;)

bla bla, we do fashion and thats it.

I smoke and drink and thats it.

One of them will kill me, but at least i'll have enjoyed my life.

Alternative, a life of uggs, water, and peppermints.

So lets all get on with it.....

Your drinking now huh? LOL!!!

real men wear heels

i think its bull how they said 6 inch heels can cause u to permenately injure ur ankle.....anything can permenately injure ur ankle...skateboarding,ice skating, falling, gymnastics, etc.

Very true! I received a permanent injury to my left ankle rollerblading in 1999 as I tore the ligaments there. The only thing that keeps it okay is to do the "high heel exercises" aka ankle/calf lifts. Without that, I'd have pain.

It's all about the heel!

That was an interesting article and I thank you for sharing that with us. I think the consensus of the readers is that it is not that overall attractive shoe, even with the higher heel. I have never injured my ankle wearing high heels. I have injured them doing other activities. I would love wearing six inch heels more often. They are fun to wear, especially in public. But like the one picture of the one woman, I have a hard time straightening my knees in six inch high heels. I'm still comfortable in 4 and 5 inch high heels. Thanks again for the article.;)

They look horrible but I bet they would feel good. I really like the feeling of a shoe that really follows the form of my foot especially under the arch and around the toe box. Imagine the style of some Christian Louboutin or Pierre Hardy shoes with the customness of the shoes that started this thread and you would have a winner.