micro heel

LailaLily

I was reading a shoe description that had a micro heel on it...it says that its steel....im confused sooo are micro heels more prone to snap and break?;) like the ones on dress sandals Which reminds me, i remember i saw the weirdest thing..this girl had on these stiletto boots...and the heel was thinner then a pencil!!!! every time she took a step her heels would bend in a curve i thought they would snap plus it made her walk look kinda funny

Micro heels? After a short search on line, I found that it looks alot like the valve stem of an automobile engine or a roofing nail with the head tapering onto the shaft to form somewhat of a large cone at the top of the nail. The original look of high heels also tapered down from the top, but they did it gradually so that the taper had a more concave styling and it involved more of the total stiletto heel. Also the micro had a slender shaft that seems to be perpendicularly centered in the heel area, while the originals had the shaft located perpendicularly closer to the area considered the front of the heel. The original styling of high heels is more pleasing to the gracefulness of a shoes design, than the straight pole appearance of the micro heel. If the heels were bending as much as you say, then most likely they won't last very long and the person wearing them will have put more effort into their walk than usually neccesary.

that's a hot pair PiB... and i think it fits the bill. the micro heel of today though don't have that taper.

in my past experience.. steel reinforced helps keep the heel from breaking. it's so thin. i knew a few folks who lost their heel because it was plastic.. and as they walked... it broke.

so.. it's good to reinforce a heel when it's really thin. because the forces on it is brought on a small area.

RPM

p.s. the Brazil pair by Highest Heel is another example of a micro-heel (as modelled by my wife)

Posted Image

post-1616-133522854772_thumb.jpg

that's a hot pair PiB... and i think it fits the bill. the micro heel of today though don't have that taper.

in my past experience.. steel reinforced helps keep the heel from breaking. it's so thin. i knew a few folks who lost their heel because it was plastic.. and as they walked... it broke.

so.. it's good to reinforce a heel when it's really thin. because the forces on it is brought on a small area.

RPM

p.s. the Brazil pair by Highest Heel is another example of a micro-heel (as modelled by my wife)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a220/RPMindy/Specials/IMG_9715a.jpg

I Also have the Brazil pair. Wonderfull stilleto's but not that Micro in heel size. I have a 4" pair of boots with thinner heels.

Why tiptoe through life only to arive safely at death?

Hey RPMindy, The kind of heels you posted by Highest Heel fits the defined micro heel scenario. Are the metal parts screw in replaceable or are they permanently attached by the manufacturing process or by an epoxy? Some may have thinner exposed metal shafts and/or be of different heights than the ones you have depicted. I would only assume the taller ones would have the perceptible bending, as LailaLiliy posted, but I have seen regular stiletto heels of 6" to 7" heights kind of buckle as they were worn. Usually, they're made with hardened metal to resist bending or breaking, but that doesn't mean that over time the stress factor of just walking won't cause the heel to become disfigured (bent), if not broken. By then though, the wearer is already on to another pair that has caught their fancy.

I just realized that I have a pair of Fredericks of Hollywood red patent thigh high boots with the same tapered or screw like metal high as pussyinboots' heels. I don't find them any more difficult to walk on than other stilettos. As boot shaft is too wide for me, I'll be selling them at some point.

It's all about the heel!

I would never walk on gravel, loose soil, rocks, etc. with any decent pair of heels that I liked; it would only be something that I had no problem trashing. The simple reason is this; you will damage a covered heel badly, or you will scratch a metal one badly. Why do this to something you like???

It's all about the heel!

I once bought for my ex a pair of heels with a thinner heel than that. I believe they were from Frederick's of Hollywood and were 4 inch tall. they were not metal reinforced (if memory servers me right). and they did visibly wobble and bend when she walked. and she said it felt unsecure and didn't like the feel. as for the pair for my wife, she says she prefers a thicker heel to walk about. those are 5 inch screw in metal heel. she has another pair similar, but thicker heel and she prefers that. IN my wife's case, she feels she leans more in thinner heels and fatigue a lot faster in thinner heels and prefers much thicker heels for stability. Especially in the 5 inch area. as for 4 inch.. she doesn't have too much of an issue with thinnes, but still prefers thicker, but not fully stacked heels. IN the pair I posted.. i used plumbing tape (not sure if it goes by another name) to secure the heel in place because my wife says it felt like the heel was "twisting". We'll see how other thin heels are as we continue to get more. RPM

in the case of my wife's heels.. they do make the typical heel sound but don't damage the floor. the heel tips they came with are high quality and don't do damage. I think the sond is slightly more higher pitch sound then typical heels. i've been to a place for a concert made of soft flooring...i've seen a lot of pit marks in the floor.. and one of the gals there had a micro heel that was thinner than my wife's heels.. and every time she 'stomped' the floor... she really dug into the floor.. by the end of the concert.. her spot was full of holes and splinters (sp) RPM

Look here: http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/girls/8281-thinnest_heel_u_have.html#post154958

do you mean like those? i havent stumbled up to term "micro heel" before.

You need to be bit more careful with thin heels, especially in stairs. but its same with wearing any stilettos.

I've made few dents with those in my bedroom floor, its soft wood so it can be damaged easily.

"Even when I'm a mess, I put on a vest... with an S on my chest, oh yes.. I'm a Superwoman.. "

"LailaLily" - I'll try to answer all your questions in one go if I can.

Micro-heels are generally metal spikes - as plastic heels THAT thin (about 2mm max at the tip) would bend, stress and ultimately snap under normal weight and use.

In my experience - ease of walking in them is usually down to 2 things. First - the centre of gravity under the heel of the foot (if the stiletto is directly under your heel - it's a lot easier to balance) - and secondly the height of the heel vs. the strength of the metal. A HIGH micro-heel made out of a hollow shaft or cheap metal will bend and 'ping' when you walk. Denser metal takes more weight and is less likely to bend.

ANY micro-heel is going to sink dramatically in sand, gravel or in wet and muddy ground - and you're more than likely going to get stuck!

Walking on floorboards or warm ashphalt - the tiny tip will make quite obvious pin-pricks or indents in the surface.

The UPSIDE of metal micro-heels is that they feel wonderfully sexy - and on hard surfaces - make a delicious 'click-clack' that turns guys' heads for miles!!!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 1 month later...