comparing girls size to guys sizes

sstorck

Hey All, I am kind of new to this but I had a question sparked from another thread. It relates to the difference in heel height versus foot size. My girl friend has size 8.5 feet (us women’s) and here highest heels are 4". My foot size is 13 (us Male) what size heels would i have to get to compare the experience. I guess it might be a challenge if you will. Thanks S

well I do know that in the USA the size that I wear is a MENS size 7, which translates into WOMENS size 9, I'm blessed with having SMALL mens feet, which means its same general size as LARGE womens size feet!!;)

If you are a men's 13, then you would need a women's 15 to get your tootsies in, depending on the maker and cut. As with any shoe, sometimes you have to go a touch big, and sometimes you can go a touch small. Good luck!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Yes, size 15 mens US. And to get the same experience the heel on those needs to be proportionally bigger. You could be talking 1/3" -1/4" increase in heel with each shoe size, so you should be looking at least 5- 5 1/2" heels. Even 6" heels in large size like 15 would not be out of synch with women's 4" streetwear in their smaller sizes. When you get your shoes, compare the angle of the instep with that on your girlfriend's shoes. That's a better test than basic heel height.

So, it is also depending on the maker and brand? There's a few shoes I can fit at a size 10 women's, despite I'm size 10 1/2 in men's. As I said, only a few I can fit at that size, and very few I can fit at a smaller women's size.

Formally "HHDude"

Yes, there is a lot of sizing variation between different manufacturers, and even between different styles from the same manufacturer. The only way to judge the fit of any shoe is to try it on.

Have a happy time!

Sizing is a confusing issue. (I am still trying to figure out sizing on shoes sold by 6IHforever.) You really do have to try each pair on in order to to insure you've the correct fit. ;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

So, it is also depending on the maker and brand? There's a few shoes I can fit at a size 10 women's, despite I'm size 10 1/2 in men's. As I said, only a few I can fit at that size, and very few I can fit at a smaller women's size.

Your feet must hurt a lot! I'm a US 10.5 mens with a AA/B width. I average between a womens US 11 and US 12 depending upon socks, hose, etc. But some 11s are cut small (i.e. Steve Madden particularly) that are tight or even too tight to wear (I'm going to have to sell those). Given the average 2 plus size (which is only a guide anyway), the 10 should really be too small for you no matter how you do it. I'm sure that an 11 would be the smallest that you could go for a proper fit and the 12 for the largest.

It's all about the heel!

I agree. It generally adds 2 in the US from men's sizes to reach the equivalent women's shoe size. So, a men's size 10 = a women's 12, + or -, depending on the shoemaker and whether socks or hose are worn. Also, as has been noted earlier, the instep angle, to be proportional to a woman's smaller foot, would need to make the heel worn by a man a bit higher. Thus, it's a bit easier for a man to wear a 4" heel (with his size 12 foot) than a woman (with her size 7). Best of luck. More reasons to go out shoe shopping! Dan

• 4 weeks later...

I agree. It generally adds 2 in the US from men's sizes to reach the equivalent women's shoe size. So, a men's size 10 = a women's 12, + or -, depending on the shoemaker and whether socks or hose are worn. Also, as has been noted earlier, the instep angle, to be proportional to a woman's smaller foot, would need to make the heel worn by a man a bit higher.

Thus, it's a bit easier for a man to wear a 4" heel (with his size 12 foot) than a woman (with her size 7).

Best of luck. More reasons to go out shoe shopping!

Dan

I agree with Dan on all counts. I too wear a US men's size 10 and a US women's size 12. I wear a 13 in some shoes, espescially high heeled boots.