Finally first outing!

BlkKhb1

Ok everyone, here is the rundown,

Last night a good friend of mine finally convinced me to go a popular local grocery store wearing a pair of my boots.

She agreed to go with me, and it was one that closed at midnight. It's relatively slow late at night and not many people besides the employees are there past say 11. However last night there were more than normal and I'd say about 20 or so other customers, mostly younger couples.

I went out wearing this outfit with my black wool coat and beanie:

Posted Image

Here are some other shots of the boots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Needless to say if anyone of the customers noticed, they neither gave a comment, odd look, much less a second glance. The only people I noticed who were waiting to take a peek were a couple employees (older ladies) that I had to walk past as we left.

All in all no harm no foul, and I felt much better after doing so. Still not 100% comfortable on my own, but this is a huge step in the right direction for me..

Great job!!! The outfit from afar looks good. The only way in which someone will notice is if they really trying to look, or from the sound. Other than that it doesn't even look like you are wearing heels. Watch and be careful cause you are going to be hooked, and you will be wearing them more and more.... :santa_hat: Fun isn't it. I wear my almost every day. Great looking boots!!! Plus, your friend is a keeper. Congrats!!!!

Congratulations!

Going out in heels gets easier, trust me. You might feel the adrenaline surge for the first few minutes in public but once you'll notice that people DON'T notice you or don't really care, it'll pass. You might even hope you'll get noticed eventually.

Those are really nice boots, BlkKhb1! The perfect height, the perfect shape heel for long wear, and just high enough to where the jeans don't dust the floor! Awesome! I'm glad you had a great time, and I'm sure you'll be going out many more times in the future. Bravo!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I am really pleased for you. I am going through a similar 'phase' of wearing my heels out for the first time as well.

It is such a great feeling, congratulations.

On another note, in the background of a few pics there is a pair of boots that have a wood stacked heel - they look great - are they yours????

Congrats! It's easy isn't it. And trust me it gets easier every time you head out in heels. I like those boots BTW. And the outfit you picked was perfect. :santa_hat:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Congratulations Jeff,

I was going to work last night (alone for a change) and had changed my regular work shoes for a pair of Steve Madden black leather boots with a 3" stiletto heel. I stopped for gas and at the same time, another car pulled in driven by a young blonde girl. As this was self service, we both pumped from different pumps on the same island. I just went about my business, clicking away starting and finishing (the heel was quite visible as these pants were not made for heels and didn't cover them). I know that she looked but certainly didn't stare. We both then went our way.

It does get easier as time goes on.

It's all about the heel!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to all you guys who are finally getting out in heels. I know it was a big step for me but I believe we just think way into it to to much. Just do it and be your self and most people forget they seen it as soon as they turn away. No big deal after all. HUH! Also, I to made a new years resolution to wear nothing but heels from now on except to work, where not allowed, and have stuck to my guns so far. Lovin it to!

real men wear heels

• 1 month later...

Congratulations!

Going out in heels gets easier, trust me. You might feel the adrenaline surge for the first few minutes in public but once you'll notice that people DON'T notice you or don't really care, it'll pass. You might even hope you'll get noticed eventually.

That really says it all. The more you go out in public in high heels, the more fun you will have, it's always exciting for me, and all of the comments you hear, if any, will always be interesting. I look forward to a day I can spend strolling in the city in my stiletto high heels.

Good luck to you on future ventures.;)