Wearing spiky heels...

loves heels

Hi all, I have bought a couple of pairs of sexy six inch heels recently, i tend to wear around the house for 4 to 5 hours and have to say i haven;t found as hard to walk in as i had imagined. of course i haven't gone out shopping or anything 'demanding' but would like to know your experiences.... LH

I wear 6 inch heels when i am out with my boy firend.Wore them this past monday to help him with his work.There a 6 inch metal thigh high boots.Spent all day in them.Just takes alot of practice.Here is a pic of the outfit i wore this past monday Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have bought a couple of pairs of sexy six inch heels recently, i tend to wear around the house for 4 to 5 hours and have to say i haven;t found as hard to walk in as i had imagined. of course i haven't gone out shopping or anything 'demanding' but would like to know your experiences....

Wearing them around the house for 4-5 hours is a good start. I've found that going out shopping and wearing heels for a whole day is much more demanding. Around the house you will actually not really walk very far. But trust me...it's demanding to walk around the mall for some hours. Besides that, wearing heels for a whole day is more in the 8-16 hours timespan. One can wear those 6" heels around the home, but you wont like them anymore after a hour in the mall! I sometimes spend a week crossdressed wearing heels every day for 14-16 hours and found 4-4.5" heels to work the best for me in those circumstances. Yes, I have spent whole days in 5" heels but my feet wont take that punishment for more than 2 days. 4" heels can be worn every day.

Regards

Dianne

• 2 years later...

I wear 6 inch heels when i am out with my boy firend.Wore them this past monday to help him with his work.There a 6 inch metal thigh high boots.Spent all day in them.Just takes alot of practice.Here is a pic of the outfit i wore this past monday Posted Image

They are just fabulous - such a shame they are hidden underneath the skirt (although the skirt is lovely too). Do you mind me asking where you got those boots - and which Brand are they?

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I’m rather envious of you 6” stiletto heelers (Donnawonna looking great as always) but 5½” is as much as I can manage and 5” is as high as I can comfortably wear and easily walk, and I can wear them all day. I really notice when I move up to 5¼” and have to concentrate on my walking, where walking with a 5" feels natural. I can wear a 4” stiletto for days but it dose occasionally feel good to give my feet a rest with a pair of flats. All my stiletto heels are on thigh boots.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hey! loves heels, Try staying on your feet in heels at home for hours at a time. Don't sit down at all for at least an hours span. When you do sit down, rest for only two or three minutes and then stay up for another hour. Repeat this schedule for as long as 5 hours. This will give you an idea about the duration you will need to endure in order to go out heeling. However, this doesn't prepare you for the surfaces you will be walking on, unless your floors are finished cement or like smooth marble tiles. Your heel tips must also be the type that wont slip on smooth public surfaces. I can say and point out a lot of things, but nothing can replace personal experience. So go heeling outside. Find different surfaces and try walking on them. You will learn how you will have to walk on each surface and you can see what you heels will do as you move along. We all have fear in the unknown, but once we become familiar, our fears seem to dissipate.

Hey! loves heels,

Try staying on your feet in heels at home for hours at a time. Don't sit down at all for at least an hours span. When you do sit down, rest for only two or three minutes and then stay up for another hour. Repeat this schedule for as long as 5 hours. This will give you an idea about the duration you will need to endure in order to go out heeling. However, this doesn't prepare you for the surfaces you will be walking on, unless your floors are finished cement or like smooth marble tiles. Your heel tips must also be the type that wont slip on smooth public surfaces. I can say and point out a lot of things, but nothing can replace personal experience. So go heeling outside. Find different surfaces and try walking on them. You will learn how you will have to walk on each surface and you can see what you heels will do as you move along. We all have fear in the unknown, but once we become familiar, our fears seem to dissipate.

I wish I had known the above a few days ago, it caught me out yesterday on my first outing in public. (see my post in My first steps thread)

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I’m rather envious of you 6” stiletto heelers (Donnawonna looking great as always) but 5½” is as much as I can manage and 5” is as high as I can comfortably wear and easily walk, and I can wear them all day. I really notice when I move up to 5¼” and have to concentrate on my walking, where walking with a 5" feels natural. I can wear a 4” stiletto for days but it dose occasionally feel good to give my feet a rest with a pair of flats. All my stiletto heels are on thigh boots.

I too wear mostly 4" and especially 5" stiletto high heels (shoes and boots). I do have a couple of pairs of 6" stiletto high heels, but I only wear them occasionally.

I wear 6inch all day comfortably now. 3inch is my flat shoe, walking in flat shoes hurts me after a while. That said I do carry flatties/ scrucnhes with me at all times because high heels are not practical in common-day situations and you can't go absolutely everywhere in them. (and high heels don't pack away small either!) Wearing any heel outside/ around and about etc.. is in reality much much harder than at home. Nothing can prepare you for it except experience. Heel height is one issue, walking surface another, experience another again. It took me years to go up in heel heights, probably 5 years to get really good in really high heels, but I always could seem to wear them at home... In reality its a different story. You gradually become accustomed to the limitations you deal with because of your heels, you learn to avoid obstacles, where to be careful, avoid situations you're not yet good at. This only comes from experience and ongoing practice. Lower heels don't make some situations any easier! My advice is assuming you want to wear heels for a normal day - in which case you should start by taking the heel height you think your ok with and chop and inch off it and start with that till you are a master. Occasionally try a higher pair but be prepared for the dreaded shaky ankles/ knees etc etc..High heels are about confidence, you need to know you can work them, you need to know you're good in them. Then you can take on any challenges! And lastly make an effort to keep on your feet, avoid regularly sitting down etc... aim to spend a goodly amount of time on your heels. The forwards backwards balance is the hardest thing to master in very high heels, once you are used to that foot position your butt-back of thighs and ankles will be used to balancing you there. Do not make the mistake of trying to hurry to avoid interaction with people. You need to keep your stride short and I think guys have a tendancy to take long steps - which we still can do in high heels with trousers. If you really want to stop this wear a tight knee skirt... but this isn't everyones cup of tea. Just be mindful of shortening you steps - especially if you are nervous - keep reminding yourself to slow down. If you are likely to do this be warned that this would be the main cause of skidding a stiletto on marble or similar slick surfaces, and going over on your bum. You could get heels that are positioned further back - ie at the rear of the heel is where the heels comes down. These are easier to learn in - are still comfy but I think they make you fore foot flop forward more? But they are safest because you're less likely to get a heel (stilettos especially) skid out on you on hard smooth surfaces because you have taken too large a step. Once you're really good you'll learn to catch those skids but not at first - and its fun once you can - and belive me you never stop skidding heels. Enough from me - hope that helps? Cheers Heel-Lover