Why are Ballet Boots So Expensive?

crotchhiboots

I mean that the boots are built like other shoes so why do they cost so much? Granted they have a steel shank in the sole and they have reinforced heels but that shoudn't make them cost more than ordinary shoes? Why Why Why?????? Enquiring minds want to know?

77r90dL lf

good question, and good reply. I'd like to try some ballet boots myself, but couldn't justify the kind of money they demand on something just to try. I doubt they will ever become mainstream and be sold by Shoezone anytime soon though so it's just wishful thinking. 8)

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I mean that the boots are built like other shoes so why do they cost so much? Granted they have a steel shank in the sole and they have reinforced heels but that shoudn't make them cost more than ordinary shoes?

Why Why Why??????

Enquiring minds want to know?

They are still very much an item for a niche market. This means there is not all that much demand for them from the public at large so they are only made in small quantities. Because of this the per-unit cost is higher. This situation will probably not change.

Have a happy time!

good question, and good reply. I'd like to try some ballet boots myself, but couldn't justify the kind of money they demand on something just to try.

I doubt they will ever become mainstream and be sold by Shoezone anytime soon though so it's just wishful thinking. 8)

Shyguy

I have a pair of Devious 1020 for sale, looking at selling for about £60; see For Sale

Big D