shopping in Boots

bootwalker

I do shop a lot in my boots (weather & time permitting ofcourse) when I go to my local mall, I never have any kind of problems, of any kind-its so true that almost all people are just too busy with their own lives to really give a damn what others wear on their feet, ofocourse the occasional teenager gigling or outright laughing, NEVER matters (not to ME it doesnt!!)

• 2 months later...

Hi, What I found most strange in this whole story is the fact that the "girls" were, according to you, grown up women in their thirties. I would expect such a "joke" from children about 15 years old !!! Sometimes I use women boots with 3.1/2 inches block heels with jeans when shopping or having lunch downtown but it seems that nobody cares about block heels around here. Congratulations for having kept cool with it!

Dr. Shoe... How many times have I resisted the urge to use that line of boots/Boots confusion in these forums, you should be ashamed of yourself. :smile: I hope you are more sensibly behaved when representing Essex TV/TG as their nominated queen. :wave:

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Dr. Shoe...

How many times have I resisted the urge to use that line of boots/Boots confusion in these forums, you should be ashamed of yourself.

:smile:

I hope you are more sensibly behaved when representing Essex TV/TG as their nominated queen. :wave:

No... I think one of the reasons I was chosen was because I listed my hobbies as "jumping, skipping and pressing wild flowers" and my main ambition to "be a girlie just like my dear papa!"

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

And admirable ambitions they are too, and for some reason I'm sure you're not the first to have listed those hobbies and ambitions in some form or another.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Has this tread degenerated? Let's get back on topic. All jokes aside I love wearing boots to go shopping, especially if I'm going to be trying some on. Somehow, even with all the years of experience I have, I feel self-conscious about trying heels on unless I'm already wearing them, if I'm in girl mode, I'm even bolder. BTW... Boots is a chain of drug stores...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Some people never grow up. They were to chicken to address your footwear on their own so tried to get a crowd to agree with them I imagine. I never heard of throwing change on the floor to get people to look down. No reaction is was likely the best. Wonder what looking them in the eye, smiling and wishing them a good day would have done.

classic style high heel boots

I personally have never been a big fan of boots, as I prefer to see the foot as well (in fact, I love toe clevage). But the other day, in my quest to find a pair of heels that I would be willing to wear in public, I actually bought a pair of 2 1/2 inch chunky heel ankle boots. Last night I decided that I was going to take the plunge. SImply wearing a piar of jeans, I put my new boots on and decided to go to a local discount department store for some shopping. I walked in the store with no one noticing, walked through the store, actually looking at some other heels, and enjoyed my time in heels. OK, so they're not the patent leather stilletos that I'd like to be wearing, but the walk about in heels was quite nice, and no one seemd to notice.

well RonC, it all depends on a lot of different things every single time (& place ofcourse) on how many DIFFERENT people there are in that place @ the time & HOW they "react" if you will, to a person wearing ANYTHING out of the ordinairy-it is different EVERY day!