Long time wearer, first time poster

Hi everyone, I was recently directed to this forum by a friend of mine. I'm a hetero, married guy who's been wearing heels and pantyhose since I was about 13. Last summer, I started wearing pantyhose with shorts. This summer, I started wearing womens shoes out of the house sometimes to work. The ones I wear publicly are not "heels", but is what I do still called "street heeling"?

I love high heels, but I am too shy to wear those kind of shoes to work. I leave those for inside my home or to change into when I get to work. I work in a small office, and everyone here knows I wear hose, only the office manager knows I wear heels though.

Links below are pic of what I wore to work today, and is pretty typical of what I usually wear. I hope someday to have the confidence to wear high heels in public like some of the brave souls in this forum.

post-7978-13352284567_thumb.jpg

post-7978-133522845676_thumb.jpg

Welcome along, its great to have guys like you here, now, lets have a look at some of those heels you must have knocking around. everybody here will encourage you to start wearing your heels to work, there are a few here that do quite it often, just take your time and do it at your own pace though. Best wishes and look forward to hearing how your office manager found out.

The angels have the phonebox.

Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy being here. My take on things: If you're already wearing p'hose and mary-janes, going to heels wouldn't be a shock to anyones system. If it makes you more comfortable try going gradually higher, not just jumping out one day in 5 inchers. This is from one who won't even go out at night in penny-loafers.

Cool looking shoes. I'm a fan of mj's myself and wear them outside frequently. The pair in your pic are obviously women's style shoes so if you can get away with them at work you might even be able to pull of something more daring. Good luck and welcome!!!!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings.... Like you, I have worn girls shoes since a teen. I wear flats in public and never had a problem. About 10 yeras ago, I started wearing hh sandals and suprisingly had no real problems with that either. It just depends what you wear (red stripper plats would probably get a reaction!!), and where you go. I keep the heel height to 2 to 3 inches max and wear dressy or casual heels. Welcome and have fun....!!!! sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"