The Sound of Stilettos

Stilettography

There is no sound more riveting and sexy than the acute and distinct clicking sounds of sharp stiletto heels as they echo their presence on a hard stone floor. The sound has a very captivating resonance and the moment it hits your ears it requires you to listen, it demands your full attention and thrusts you into an in-depth analysis of the sound. You lean back in your chair and allow the sharp click clack sounds to echo in your mind, eventually causing you to build a mental picture of the female wearing those stilettos, and what type of shoe it is producing those powerful sounds.

It is interesting to note that different stilettos produce different sounds. For instance, there is a difference in the sound produced between a slide (mule) and a pump. Ever thought of it?

With a slide, which is not fastened to the back of the feet, the clicking sound of the stiletto on the ground is not so sharp or intense. The resonance in many ways is slightly hollow and sometimes you may hear a double sound as the heel hits the floor, lifts and hits the floor again when the foot comes down. Besides these finer details, a dead give-away is the slapping sound that the shoe makes when it hits up against the sole of the wearer’s foot in the motion of walking.

A pump or sandal that is fastened tightly to the wearer’s feet has a much more stable and resolute resonance. Since the shoe is not flopping under the feet, the stiletto heel hits the ground with much more drive and results in a clearer, sharper click that sounds fuller, more stable and more penetrative. Out of all the types of stiletto shoes around, a fully enclosed pump or court shoe provides the most intense sound.

One last note of observation: Does the intense and shrill sound of the metal nails of her stilettos on a hard surface contrast, or nullify the grace, style, elegance and refined air that a lady should radiate? The answer is NO! As a matter of fact, I cannot think of a sound more appropriate to define her gender and announce her presence. In relation to sound, it is the epitome of her femininity!

I agree wholeheartedly with your opinions. The sharp, staccato clicking of spike heels on tile or pavement is practically hypnotizing to me, regardless of if I'm wearing them or not. Whenever I hear that alluring sound, I automatically turn in that particular direction and, more often than not, I see a woman walking along in delicious looking shoes. The sound of stilettos is one of the chief reasons why I wear heels in the first place.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I think we are all fine-tuned to zero in on that delicious sound whenever it impinges upon our consciousness. As steelheel mentions, we are so finely tuned that we can often detect the style of shoe merely by its sound, knowing if the shoe is a pump, slide, boot or sandal before we see it. I love that sound, it is music to me.

Have a happy time!

One last note of observation: Does the intense and shrill sound of the metal nails of her stilettos on a hard surface contrast, or nullify the grace, style, elegance and refined air that a lady should radiate? The answer is NO! As a matter of fact, I cannot think of a sound more appropriate to define her gender and announce her presence. In relation to sound, it is the epitome of her femininity!

If it's a metal heel tip, I agree with you. When it's a worn heel tip exposing the nail it just looks skanky. I love the sound of stilettos on a hard surface though, I have laminate flooring throughout the downstairs of my house and my Faith boots with the metal tipped heels and toes make a hell of a noise!

Chris

Only problem with the noise of heels, is that when one is heeling, and doesnt want attention drwn to the fack that I am wearing heels, then the sound is less welcome, like in the still of night. otherwise I fully agree, they do sound awesome, but should also look right too, in so much as the wearer, should never have the knee ahead f the ankle, otherwise they do not look seductive, sound terrible, and the wearer should move to a lower heel, til their arch has improved sufficiently to wear higher heels. So to me it is a combination of 'sight and sound' that takes it off

Blacksheep

The sound brings to mind the old hoodlum's trick of adding metal taps to their cuban heels in order to make a sound. Don't forget than men wearing heels used to considered somewhat daring, not something written about in the psych's handbook as it is today!

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

i love the sound of heel sandals. the light sound is sexy on a girl.

another unique sound is the loud stiletto heels of almost flat pumps. with like a 1in stiletto heel. they make a right racket lol 8)

I assume you meant kitten heels here...?

I agree that kittens are louder than most heels as the heels are short and take the full brunt of the wearers weight. If the stilettos are higher, they end up creating a light tapping sound as the wearer teeters along. The weight of the wesrer is more on the balls of the feet and the heels do not get thrust into the surface with such verocity!

(That is why kittens can actually do more damage to the surface too as they punch down under the wearer making more noise and more damage!

GO KITTENS :-)