Any good experiences with slingbacks?

ShockQueen

I just ordered these from BeverlyHeels in white, and should be here in a couple of weeks. I'm thinking of pairing these with some nice blue jeans. What do you think?

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

You think black jeans would work too, denisegurl2? Hmmm....I'll have to try both and see what looks good in which way. It'll take a couple weeks for them to arrive, so I'll have plenty of time.

I just ordered these from BeverlyHeels in white, and should be here in a couple of weeks. I'm thinking of pairing these with some nice blue jeans. What do you think?

Not bad! Not bad at all! I've had slings in the past and I enjoyed wearing them, I think you will too. White shoes and blue jeans, eh? Pair them with a red shirt and you'll be perfectly patriotic! HA!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks for all the positive thoughts everyone. Makes me even more anxious for them to arrive and take them out for a spin. Being a 4" heel makes them even more walkable, and I'll definitely let everyone know how they work out.

*Update* The shoes arrived yesterday in the mail, and they are positively wonderful! Took them out for a short spin last night in front of the house and down the block. Nice walking shoes to be sure! I'll have to find somewhere to catch a pic to post since I got a nice white shirt to wear with them too. :-)

Shockqueen: Glad to hear you got the shoes and took them on a spin. So, tell us, how did it feel to walk in slingbacks vice pumps? Inquiring minds wanna know! Heh!

I ordered a pair of black patent 5" heels, slingbacks from Ellie....and was disappointed. I wear a size 10½. I ordered a size 10 thinking that I could lengthen the strap to accommodate size difference. Was very disappointed when they arrived. They fit more like a size 9 and the strap was barely long enough to let out to fit my feet. They're beautiful shoes, however, and I occasionally wear them even though they're a little uncomfortable. Should have ordered an 11 and took up the slack. Oh well, live and learn. :smile:

Shockqueen: Glad to hear you got the shoes and took them on a spin. So, tell us, how did it feel to walk in slingbacks vice pumps? Inquiring minds wanna know! Heh!

It feels quite a bit different from pumps to be sure! You don't have that hard back behind your heel, so it kind of flops just a bit, but it's not that hard to get used to. They feel even a touch lower, even though the heel is the same height as pumps of the same type. VERY comfy to walk in!

It feels quite a bit different from pumps to be sure! You don't have that hard back behind your heel, so it kind of flops just a bit, but it's not that hard to get used to. They feel even a touch lower, even though the heel is the same height as pumps of the same type. VERY comfy to walk in!

Thanks for the little review. I've found that by tightening the back strap, you can cut down on the flop factor, but not completely eliminate it. However, there's no denying the comfort factor found in slings, not to mention the sort of sleekness they also possess. I'm sure you'll continue to enjoy wearing them.

A fair buy at under $30. I, too, have had slings in the past and I enjoyed wearing them, I think you will too. However, due to my medical condition, I now shy away from stilletoes and white shoes (they call too much attention to the feet). But, back when I wore a younger man's clothes, I would've been proud to wear that style in black with either jeans or a skirt. :smile:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels