High heels & sports

ChipsHH

I know. The title seems crazy, but I'm completely, randomly thinking.... Can extreme plats (3 in. or higher), ballets, etc. be capable of kicking a football or soccer ball? I wonder if sports could be played in high heels? If possible or if so, who could do it, like a pro, or at least a [let's just say] well-talented heel wearer? Who, I say? Who?!?! (Look at my mood before you really wonder what's goin on ;) )

Formally "HHDude"

I've played football (soccer) in 4" cowboy boots, it's the same as in trainers except you can't move so fast. Come to think of it, I've played cricket in heels too.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

what a question... my thoughts.. the thicker the platform.. the greater the risk of 'snapping' the ankle in a twist like injury. regular heels up to say 4 inch... though risky.. could be pulled off in a lot of sport situations.. though not at the same pace of course. 5 inch and taller.. hum.... much restriction.. much talent needed... great risk for injury (still think plats are the worse and highest risk for breakage of the ankle.. but i'm no expert) i think the automotive sports will have the best chance of the athlete performing at a respectable pace... but all the other 'physically' demanding sports... hilarious to watch! RPM

I remember a TV commercial from Naturalizer a few years back. They had come out with a line of women's dress shoes that were engineered for comfort, in this commercial a bunch of women were playing basketball in these shoes. The shoes had definite heels although they were not as high as most of us like to see. As I recall, 2.5" was about as high as they went.

Have a happy time!

Thighbootguy: Very creative! Tried that before, and lemme tell ya. Wasn't the best in the world! jmc: Think I know which ones you're talking about, but not really sure. I also think I have a pic of the ones you maybe talking about

Formally "HHDude"

I remember a TV commercial from Naturalizer a few years back. They had come out with a line of women's dress shoes that were engineered for comfort, in this commercial a bunch of women were playing basketball in these shoes. The shoes had definite heels although they were not as high as most of us like to see. As I recall, 2.5" was about as high as they went.

I thought that was Easy Spirit

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde