Walk a Mile in Her Shoes

wineanddine

There was one held in Johannesburg last year, only it was called "sisters with blisters". I dont know how successful it was but some male radio personalities were going to do it but discovered that it was almost impossible to get large sized heels (Something I have known for years).

Johnieheel: Have you done this before or talked to someone who has? It seems pretty cool, among other things I wanted to make sure it was a legitimate charity, etc. Any input would be appreciated. Also, typically do these turn out to be about half and half guys and gals or predominately male? I'd like to talk the wife into it but would hate to get there and it turned out hardly any women. Wineanddine

Johnieheel:

Have you done this before or talked to someone who has? It seems pretty cool, among other things I wanted to make sure it was a legitimate charity, etc. Any input would be appreciated. Also, typically do these turn out to be about half and half guys and gals or predominately male? I'd like to talk the wife into it but would hate to get there and it turned out hardly any women.

Wineanddine

This is my first but all I really know about it is a little that I picked up from the site. I even emailed the organizers or people who put it all together to find out more but no reply. I guess we'll just turn up and find out. It's only 25 miles from my house and we plan to do a little shopping around town anyway so if turns out that it's not what we expect, thats ok to. The whole point is that the cause is what really matters and I am into supporting a good cause. My Gf has a couple of her friends who want to go also probably just to see me in heels lol but they also think its a really great thing to do and have never heard of it either. Sounds like a good time no matter what. WIN WIN kinda deal. If your going, we can meet for lunch or something. That would be fun.

real men wear heels

it would be interesting to find out if the shoes are provided for us, and we return them after the walk, or if we bring our own. Just think of how many guys into heels would join in something like this! It would be a perfect way to walk in them without prejudice from anyone, since we'd be all guys! It would also be a great time to wear those brand new, or like new heels that aren't broken in yet. I think walkin a mile in some somewhat tight heels would loosen them up quite a bit.

I support the work of the Valley Trauma Centre but I don't think it's particularly approriate for guys who want to wear heels to hijack or even cheapen their activities when a main reason for participating is their own wish to have an excuse to wear women's shoes in public. If you support the ideals of the Valley Trauma, then why not email pattidengler@valleytraumacenter.org and ask how you can donate some cash. I reckon that's a more effective way of contributing.

The above is a quote from Firefox a few years ago, when this walk and its purpose were first discussed on (the predecessor of) this board in late 2003.

See:

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/real_life_meetings/2023-walk_mile_her_shoes.html?#post40238

Let's try to keep these thoughts in our minds.

I don't agree at all. The objective for this march is to get some publicity for the cauce. Most men would not do it because they're affraid to wear heels in public, but we're not. I agree that you should not do it if you don't believe in it, but who here is pro-violence against women ? I didn't think so. So why not give support when you can have some heeling-fun doing it ? It would be so much easier for us to be supportive than it would be for most other men. If a march were organised around (which my blog may help to inspire) I'd step up.

The above is a quote from Firefox a few years ago, when this walk and its purpose were first discussed on (the predecessor of) this board in late 2003.

See:

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/real_life_meetings/2023-walk_mile_her_shoes.html?#post40238

Let's try to keep these thoughts in our minds.

I did email and got no reply.

real men wear heels