Finally - Wearing Heels In Public

RichardLynch

Hiya all.

Ive worn heels for about 8 years now and finally went out in public wearing them!

I was visiting a friend in Sheffield, and she knows I wear heels. So on Saturday morning, I left my trainers at home and decided to wear my boots!

They were almost identical to these, but I bought mine from Faith last year: http://www.alternativeoutfitters.com/ProductImages/shoes/clbylaundry/CLEpicBlkBoot.jpg

My view on wearing heels out has changed as almost no1 notices! It gave me a right buzz and will be doing it again. Ive taken my first step. Whats next?

H Richard, Welcome aboard. Have you thought about taking a train into London for the World Heel Meet this Saturday? I know 2-2.5 hours may seem like a long commute...and others are traveling clear across the Atlantic to make it to the meet. Your attendance would be appreciated and I'm sure you would "grow" as a freestyler.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

. . . It gave me a right buzz and will be doing it again. Ive taken my first step. Whats next?

It is a tremendous rush! What's next -- build your confidence, maybe branch out to different styles, wear them more and have fun. . .

Welcome to HHplace!

Have a happy time!

Hiya all.

Ive worn heels for about 8 years now and finally went out in public wearing them!

I was visiting a friend in Sheffield, and she knows I wear heels. So on Saturday morning, I left my trainers at home and decided to wear my boots!

They were almost identical to these, but I bought mine from Faith last year: http://www.alternativeoutfitters.com/ProductImages/shoes/clbylaundry/CLEpicBlkBoot.jpg

My view on wearing heels out has changed as almost no1 notices! It gave me a right buzz and will be doing it again. Ive taken my first step. Whats next?

Hi Richard, and welcome!;):o

I must say, those are some nice looking boots. I've been looking for a pair like that for myself. Unfortunately, the shops around here haven't discounted them to my satisfaction yet.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Thanks. ;) They're from a shop here called Tyler. The shop's local, but the shoes are made in Spain, so they say. :o I just came home, went out to see 300 with my SO. I wore the pumps along with the outfit I last posted in the Freestyle section. :smile: It wasn't so bad. I was a bit nervous, but nobody seemed to notice the heels. Maybe just a few looks, and that's it. It's like it's no big deal.

Why should girls have all the fun? :P

Hiya all.

Hey, man, just do what comes natural. Don't try to push it. Go with what's comfortable and just be yourself.

Welcome....that first time is always the hardest as we spend so much energy on overcoming our fears. Once you've overcome the fear, realized you are as normal as anyone else and you are just being you....that energy can now be directed in beneficial directions. Experiment, try new adventures, be confident and above all else, just be you! Hope we'll meet at the next Worldwide Heelmeet...stay tuned in "real life meetings" for details. And, great Boots! david

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Hi all, Wheeeeeeeeeeee! I had to work yesterday (Sunday) afternoon, and with no managers around I was able to embrace my freestylin' inclinations. I wore black 3 inch heel courts/pumps all afternoon, along with a floor-skimming slightly-floaty (with godets) denim skirt. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and received several positive comments from various members of the student body. No negative responses at all, that I'm aware of. I was suffering a bit of toe pain by the end of the afternoon though. I'm also working next Sunday. Not sure about the legwear/footwear combination for then; time to ponder that over the next week. All best wishes,

Still rainin' still dreamin'

Hiya all.

Welcome aboard! As others have already said, the very first time out in public is always the hardest because it's all virgin territory and you have no way of knowing how others will react to you. But once you discover that practically no one does notice as passersby are too wrapped up in their own affairs to give you the time of day, you'll find yourself relaxed and wondering what all the fuss was about. And the more you venture out, the more comfortable you'll become. It doesn't happen all at once, but it does happen. Hope you enjoy continued success.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!