Mens Wedge Heels

sydneyheels

holy cows... JPG's collection was very interesting. I won't say 'good' or 'bad'...just interesting... To me it appears he's trying to show 'man cleavage' and a definite mixing of the gender lines typically seen in clothing styling, cut, fabrics and shoes. But some of the items seemed almost DIRECTLY off the women's shelves and placed on very slender men (and in some cases, flat chested women...) As for the shoes...There was a nice variety shown ranging from what appears to be Espridille wedges to 4" stilettos. Now I have two questions... 1.) How many of the models were actually females? (I'm guessing 2-3...) 2.) Why in the world did his entire collection feature men in heels yet when he took the catwalk he was wearing white falt shoes obviously taken off the men's shelf?? Kudos for advocating a strong blurring of the fashion line but why not wear what you advocate!! Shoeiee

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

I looked in style.com, not realizing there is a men.style.com. Those models in the pumps look pretty feminine to me. Their hands look feminine, too, when yo can see them. If they are men, they make attractive women.

Dr Shoe, I would disagree. Female models are in evidence in this show. On some slides you see the departing model and whilst all the male models are sporting espadrilles, the female models are naturally in high stiletto heels. He may well have had them made up to be more "Andro".

Eg, another from the same show

Posted ImagePosted Image

As this is his Spring 07 mens show, I do wonder why this appears.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Certainly a radical idea for mens attire. Unless he is trying to show a unisex trend to clothing, and we should be ignoring the seamed stockings and heels.

Continued>..

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Had a look at his Fall 2007 yet, Still using female models, however, the gender is less blurred. Boots over skinny legs seems to be the theme until you get to this

Posted Image

Like the idea, skirt over trousers, not sure of the print though. Not quite my style. Seems this show all the male models are wearing 1.5"-2" cuban heels.

Good topic for debate and one that should be aired on The Fashion Spot - or has it been already?

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I read an article on it. It said he was trying to blend the lines. Explains the mascara and why every fifth model was a woman.

He could have picked better heels, or mixed things up instead of every one wearing the same dang wedges.

Forgive me if I'm getting a little blind in my old-age, but I thought I saw any number of women wearing stilettoes (seen walking away). Besides, I never did see any men wearing what I could clearly distinguish as wedges. At any rate, if that's what is going for fashion, I'll just stick to my own wardrobe.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Forgive me if I'm getting a little blind in my old-age, but I thought I saw any number of women wearing stilettoes (seen walking away). Besides, I never did see any men wearing what I could clearly distinguish as wedges. At any rate, if that's what is going for fashion, I'll just stick to my own wardrobe.

Well frist i like to say that it´s great we are getting some wher ind the type off cloth for men... some i don´t ither like but it´s a start.

Blind hmmm no just look here:

Man ind front man ind backgrounds same shoes

Posted Image

Woman ind front man ind backgrounds same shoes

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

To becontinued!

((( Frist i am not good to spell )))

..........(((( Sorry for that ))))........

.......................(",).......................

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/FreeMannWorld/

Woman ind front man ind backgrounds same shoes

Posted Image

A type like them i have like this on :

Posted Image

http://212.180.4.184/www.jeanpaulgaultier.com/

http://www.jeanpaul-gaultier.com/

Try this link

Nylon,skrit,boot for man.. Some are nice... (I don´t no have to get Pic from adope save on PC so you have to look for youself :wink: )

I hade no look on find a shop ho have Jean Paul Gaultier????

Okay, your point is taken. But I didn't see any of those images when I made my previous post. Nevertheless, I still think I'll stick with my wardrobe.

Hehehe No problem in use you own wardrobe... we make it ower style here and it´s just wonderful some of the top designer is giving us a littel help on the way... and make it essy for more to feel free to do what the like in public i think.