college wear anyone?

ChipsHH

Yes, I am a college boy, and the only people that know I love them heels are my dorm boddies (they're dearly trusted, as news hasn't even touched the college yet). Think I should start showing off my pride in heels now or wait til I'm truly ready, cause honestly, I feel ready, but I don't think my other friends are. Opinions needed please :wink:

Formally "HHDude"

Id say, if your known for being a little eccentric and for pushing the boundaries then yes go for it. But if not I think it may end in disaster..... To get away with heels you really have turn your dress sense up a few notches too, you want to be attracting attention to the whole body image and not just the heels. One final point is confidence, not something many people really have until later years. You'll need tons of confidence to pull off wearing heels to college or around college friends.

Assumming you are between the ages of 18-25, you are at the very stage in life when experimentation in personal style is highly encouraged and understood by others as a more experimental phase in one's life.

So go for the heels! :wink:

Perhaps you might want to "work your way up" by starting with a small, round toe, chunky heel though? Something like these...with the emphasis on the round toe which is masculine and the thicker heel which is masculine. This type of shoe can pretty much accomodate any individual style (from preppy to Beatles mod to hipster).

Good luck and keep us posted with your progress.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Kneehighs wrote: "Assumming you are between the ages of 18-25, you are at the very stage in life when experimentation in personal style is highly encouraged and understood by others as a more experimental phase in one's life." So true, Kneehighs. Just take board member "Zero" for example. Now, there 's a young person that isn't afraid to express there individualism by wearing classic red pumps with 5" metal heels openly in public, in broad daylight and carry it off so well. I'm impressed. :wink:

Id say, if your known for being a little eccentric and for pushing the boundaries then yes go for it. But if not I think it may end in disaster.....

To get away with heels you really have turn your dress sense up a few notches too, you want to be attracting attention to the whole body image and not just the heels.

One final point is confidence, not something many people really have until later years. You'll need tons of confidence to pull off wearing heels to college or around college friends.

Wow. Well, would jeans and some color shirt do it, because that's basically my wardrobe? Or would the shirt and/or jeans need to make a change?

Assumming you are between the ages of 18-25, you are at the very stage in life when experimentation in personal style is highly encouraged and understood by others as a more experimental phase in one's life.

So go for the heels! :wink:

Perhaps you might want to "work your way up" by starting with a small, round toe, chunky heel though? Something like these...with the emphasis on the round toe which is masculine and the thicker heel which is masculine. This type of shoe can pretty much accomodate any individual style (from preppy to Beatles mod to hipster).

Good luck and keep us posted with your progress.

Well, what about these:

Posted Image

Kneehighs wrote: "Assumming you are between the ages of 18-25, you are at the very stage in life when experimentation in personal style is highly encouraged and understood by others as a more experimental phase in one's life."

So true, Kneehighs. Just take board member "Zero" for example. Now,

there 's a young person that isn't afraid to express there individualism by wearing classic red pumps with 5" metal heels openly in public, in broad daylight and carry it off so well. I'm impressed. :D

No offence, but he's a boy right? If he is, I should look at him as a role model O.o

Formally "HHDude"

Keep it stylish, buy quality jeans.... not Levi 501's. I actually wear womens jeans for a better fit, Miss Sixty and Diesel. But you don't need to go that far really. I really like Diesel T-shirts, that said I have just brought a womens long t-shirt/ short dress, an impulse buy which I wear over jeans, i'm really impressed and this is gonna be "my look" now until summer. Anyway! Its all about quality and detail. Then you just Integrate the heel's into your look! :wink: The biggest mistake you could make is dressing down to be "inconspicuous". Mix it up, have some fun!

It won't make me look gay or bi, will it? (no offence) And I wanna be noticed instead of in the shadows, right? Cause I'm dearly quiet (not in a nerdy way), but I'm kinda loud when I'm finally fit in. Will that make a difference? One more, gettin the girls - will they be scared by me wearing them or just solely up to them?

Formally "HHDude"

It won't make me look gay or bi, will it? (no offence)

Every body's got advice. Do this, that, and the other thing.

I got advice too. Do your own thing, dig? If it's you, then it's you, and you'll be confident. If you wear jeans, then wear jeans. It's all good.

I'm almost 23 and have finished one degree at university and working on a second one part time while I work full time. I haven't wore heels to school, but I have wore wedge loafers (3" rise), wedge boots (2" rise), black flats, and girl flip flops around campus. Everything seem to go ok. Some comments, mostly on the color of my flip flops (i.e. red or turquiose), but not necessarily on the style. I prefer to keep my heels for when I go out to dinner, clubs, shopping. I think not wearing them to school is mostly because I want to be somewhat comfortable...*gets ready for the backlash of people saying heels ARE comfortable..lol. The reason why I say they would be uncomfortable for class is that with the way certain desks are designed, it's hard to get comfortable and keep your legs and feet in the same spot for a long time.

Inescapable hit the nail on the head. If you change your style of dress you're risking your confidence being knocked from day one because you won't feel like you. If you usually wear jeans and shirts, stick with it and choose a pair of heels that will go with jeans. I much prefer boots as I think they work better with trousers, but speaking from experience, going out in block-heeled round-toed boots was just as nerve-wracking as my first night out in my avatars. You've going to be nervous at first anyway, so go for what you like. The reactions of girls will be entirely down to the individual, but so far most of the ones I've met when I've been out in heels thought it was kind of cool. Chris

Wowi. I gotta lot to think about. Well, not really. I mean, it's not like I'll be sued or something like that, cause it is my style, and I should be happy with what I wear with whatever footwear I put onto my feet, no matter what people think of me, especially girls (even though I really want them to accept me for me). So I thank you all for your wise help and advice. I will though, go with the wedge boots I showed above (just for winter use). I may go with canadianbeaver's flip flop thing though during the summer. I'm actually thinking of going with those first to get some reactions out of it, then move up to the higher sizes. For now, I'll stay low :wink:

Formally "HHDude"

Now, if your objective is to wear women's shoes/boots with heels, then, in my opinion, wearing this pair of boots is going against your objective. There is nothing wrong with the boots. It's the odd shaped wedge heels and soles that will attract attenton.

Posted Image

I see where you're gettin at. Imagined somethin totally different, but yea. That vision is now temporarily interrupted. But like I said, I'ma start low for now, then go for the higher types, see how stuff goes.

Formally "HHDude"

Personally I don't like those wedge boots, but wear what you like. There are plenty of guys here who only ever wear heels indoors, going out in them is not compulsory. However, if you want to you will be very nervous the first few times. Every time gets easier though, and once you realise that the world won't crack in half you'll want to go out in them more often. As for girls, if you want to wear heels you want to wear heels. It won't go away. I'm working on the principle that if I meet a girl while I'm wearing them I don't need to worry about telling her, and if they put a girl off, then it wouldn't have worked with her anyway. Good luck, let us know how you get on. Chris

I wouldn't go the boot route unless those are the one you like to wear in your dorm. You should wear the shoes you like to wear right away and not work your way up. If you wear them around campus you will repel a few girls and guys, but it will also attract some too causing some to come up to you and ask you about them.

...if I might offer a suggestion to our new friend here... ..spend some time going over as many of the threads as you can work into your schedule...many of us have gone through or are going through much of the self-assessments I hear in your replies in this particular thread... ...observations and comments in many of the other threads will add to your process of filling in many of the spaces and gray areas in your personal unfolding journey of discovery... Cordially Jim JSpikeheels