What I hate about High Heels/Pumps

Pumps

The noise ! No, matter how much you just want be blend in and not draw attention to yourself, there's also that sound that makes people look. Click Clack Click Clack. Please make some Heels with noise killer:fine:

I just bought some cork mules from www.zoccoli.de

They have rubber on the floor-side and they are realy quiet. I use them as house shoes and they are just perfect.

Also, I found some rubber attachements in a store. The intention is to apply them to shoes with a plain sole to prevent slipping on the pavement. But I think they also reduce noise.

But I think there is still the end of the heels which are also the source of noises, and I have not seen a solution for that so far...

The noise !

No, matter how much you just want be blend in and not draw attention to yourself, there's also that sound that makes people look. Click Clack Click Clack.

I fear you might be in the minority here. I for one love the noise heels make. The louder the better. In a way, that's the best part about wearing them. I don't worry about whether or not I attract attention in noisy heels, if that happens, fine, if it doesn't, still fine. More often than not, people don't notice anyway. Hell, I've heard men's shoes sound just as noisy, so it's pretty much a wash. I refuse to let stuff like noise deter me from wearing heels in public.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Guest ilovepumps!

Have to agree with JeffB here. Although I dont wear my pumps outside, I love to walk around in the kitchen just to hear the sound the heels make. JeffB is also correct about mens shoes making the same sound, as I use to have a pair back in my school days which did it.

I agree with ilovepumps and JeffB as well. Actually, I love the click clack sound, of course I am pretty used to that sound now. Doesn't bother me a bit.:wink:

Same here, I always fit steel tips to my heels when the time comes to replace them. I just love the sound of steel heel tips on a tile or concrete floor

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

I have to agree with JeffB and the others too. I have always loved the sound of high heels. Listening to the sound of someone walking in heels or walking in them myself, it is music to my ears! bobbie

The noise !

No, matter how much you just want be blend in and not draw attention to yourself, there's also that sound that makes people look. Click Clack Click Clack.

Please make some Heels with noise killer:fine:

I'm with you, Pumps! While I enjoy wearing heels, I do not enjoy others noticing me wearing heels.

I took my two favorite pair to the cobbler to have them replace the hard plastic tip with one made of durable rubber. Result - they now make about half the noise as before, and instead of a clack, it's more like the thunk of a typical man's shoe.

I'm with you, Pumps! While I enjoy wearing heels, I do not enjoy others noticing me wearing heels.

I took my two favorite pair to the cobbler to have them replace the hard plastic tip with one made of durable rubber. Result - they now make about half the noise as before, and instead of a clack, it's more like the thunk of a typical man's shoe.

Also, there is another thread around here somewhere:detective: that deals with this same topic. :wink: They even discuss replacment of the tips (lifts) and so on. We thrashed this one out pretty thoroughly already.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I love the sound of the heel on the ground , hell after this long my ears are tuned too it , i can hear someone from miles away ! lol . It turns my head every time , i also like to see if i can guess how high they will be judged by the sound,ie stride pattern etc . bloody kitten heels get me every time !

I love the sound too. When I was first viewing my house my first thought when I saw the laminate flooring was that I couldn't wait to walk on it in my stilettos! Funny story actually, I was out at the Revolution bar in Manchester with Jon who was standing in as keyboard player with another band. I went to the toilet, which of course had a tiled floor. As I was washing my hands, one of the band members came out of the cubicle and greeted me with "Oh, it's you." When I asked what he meant he said "Well, I heard these high heels and thought a girl had come in! Was quite disappointed when it wasn't!" Chris

When I'm not in heels, I prefer to were nice Italian (or Brazilian or ...) Loavers. Standard men's fair. very comfy, will pass in all but the most formal events. And they last a long time... If you buy quality. But they make a lot of noise when walking on hard surfaces - "clack" instead of the stiletto "click". I also find that I can be quiet in the stilletos by using a balanced simultaneous ball/heel touch.

Good I'm not the only one. I can hear heels a mile away and start looking immediately to see how high they are. This took a long time for my wife to get used to.

You're definitely not the only one fine-tuned to that wonderful sound of heels hitting something solid. I can zero in on its source whenever I hear it -- and I know I'm not the only one looking.

Ironically, I don't like to make that sound myself -- at least in this stage of my life with this "heel-thing". This is primarily because I do not want to attract attention to myself in the way heels attract attention from me.

Have a happy time!

Ironically, I don't like to make that sound myself -- at least in this stage of my life with this "heel-thing". This is primarily because I do not want to attract attention to myself in the way heels attract attention from me.

Same here