Under the radar" heels?...

ILuvHeels

My only concern with shoes like any of those that have a chunky heel and whatnot is the noise that it will probably make. Does that still count, or is there a way to combat that? :thumbsup:

When wearing the HD boots to go into Homebase yesterday afternoon, almost no-one could ignore the noise of my heels. I was completely unphased by this, until I realised I'd left the house without shaving. :thumbsup: [Not that unusual I have to say.]

Back home, shaved, and to Brent Cross. Much happier. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

The long flared pants do the trick for sure. I have worn a 2" heel knee high boot that has a rubber sole, silent and not conspicuous. Mind you I have several pairs of those type of boots. I also have a 3 pairs of wedge boots which bring no stares and or comments. Zappos has a good selection of those, Fitzwell has a great selection of wedge boots that is wide and up to size 12 in some models. I have also had a cobbler silence some of my heeled boots with a rubber heel, makes a difference walking in a marbled mall on Friday mid-day. But now my give a sh** factor has allowed me just go just as I am. However at the testosterone charged Calgary Stampede one should heel with low noise rubber on those HH cowgirl boots! Mtnsofheels

• 1 month later...

The easiest way to get under the radar is with long flared jeans....

You have the height and confidence without attracting attention.

Of course, if the situation is cool, you can sit with heels exposed to the public...

This is good advice if you are trying not show-off (for lack of a better term) your high heels in public. Until you get more confident, when you sit, sit in a place that has a booth where you can tuck your feet and heels underneath.

For those interested, here's the Payless link to them:

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&Size=12Regular&SLC=WomensShoes&BLC=WomensBootsTrendy&ItemCode=61799&DescriptiveColor=Black&Width=Regular&Type=Adult&VTLC=&LotNumber=&cm_id=sizedropmenu

Heel is 3". Available in sizes 5-12 regular (so probably too small for us larger guys).

Iluvheels & jwhite44. I have that same pair of boots and bought them because they are less obvious than anything else out their I have found. They are very comfortable. I have been wearing mine around my small farm while doing chores and they are easy to walk in even on uneven ground. I am planning on wearing mine out in public if all goes well this week.

They appear to have a great balance between looking unisex-enough so as to not draw attention while being worn, yet still having feminine details (3" heel, front sole lifts up) to give you a thrill while wearing them. I'll see if I find a pair the next time I'm in a Payless (more out of curiousity, as even the 12's I'm expect would be way too small for me).

My only concern with shoes like any of those that have a chunky heel and whatnot is the noise that it will probably make. Does that still count, or is there a way to combat that? :thumbsup:

For most of my block heels (as well as wedges), I have stuck with those having either a rubber base, or the entire heel is rubber. They can be a bit harder to find, though wedges with rubber heels can be easier to get a hold of.

I have a pair of solid wood block heels, that I really like a lot, I modified them by gluing a 1/8" thick patch of rubber to the bottom of the heel, that did the trick on those.

While, I do like the sound of high heels on a woman, and even when I wear them on occasion, just not when I am wearing them in large public setting, the less attention drawn to me the better. :smile:

When I first started streetheeling the sound of my heels on the pavement and floors was deafening to me. Now, I don't give a toss about the sounds. I just put my boots on and go about my business. You will too when you gain enough confidence. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!